CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Cruise List (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/361668-cruise-list.html)

KTS1193 February 21st, 2009 02:17 PM

Cruise List
 
Hey you guys!

I need to make a list (for packing) for my next cruise! (5 full weeks away!)

I usually buy alot of the stuff I need now so I dont stress my dad out when it gets close to sailing time. I will forget something if I dont get yalls help!.. so HELP! (:

c_m_alex February 22nd, 2009 12:21 AM

what i usually do is.....
a week or so before the cruise, i start writing down the things i use on a weekly basis, as i use them (this way i know exactly what i'm always useing and what i need to bring). then i factor in all that summer clothes/stuff mumbo jumbo but my list usually helps me not forget anything.

KTS1193 February 22nd, 2009 11:11 AM

thanks! thats a really good idea!

im glad atleast one person will respond.

cruiseeeeaddict February 22nd, 2009 11:18 AM

before i go i always take sticky notes and stick them with a list in the place where the stuff i need is. like i'll stick on in my closet with a list of clothes and shoes i want to take, one in the bathroom with a list of shampoo, hair stuff, makeup, etc. that way no matter where i go in my house it reminds me of what i need.

Zach17 February 22nd, 2009 07:12 PM

i dont wear clothes on cruises LOL

firsttimecruiser44 February 22nd, 2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zach17
i dont wear clothes on cruises LOL

HAHA! I can just picture someone walking on the deck naked. well not really

cruiseeeeaddict February 22nd, 2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firsttimecruiser44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zach17
i dont wear clothes on cruises LOL

HAHA! I can just picture someone walking on the deck naked. well not really

i can deffinitly picture it, people do crazy things on cruises :wink:

firsttimecruiser44 February 22nd, 2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiseeeeaddict
i can deffinitly picture it, people do crazy things on cruises :wink:

you are very right now that i think about it :wink:

Jennifer S February 23rd, 2009 01:00 AM

Hmm...I'll try and help you by listing what comes to my mind below!

Bathroom:
Shampoo/Conditioner
Toothbrush/toothpaste
Dental floss
Hairbrushes/combs/hair elastics
Make-up
Hair gel if you use any
Q-tips
Tweezers - just in case if you get slivers:)
Tampons/pads - incase your period is unexpected!
Hand cream/ lotion
If you have sensitive skin then bring your own soap because the soap on ships useually dry out your skin real fast. Especially with those hand sanitizing stations everywhere!
Idk if you're aloud to but a curling iron if you need it


Clothes:
Underwear
Socks - maybe a few extra just incase one pair gets wet
Bras
T-shirts
Sweaters
Dresses/ skirts
Casual jacket or coat incase it get's windy or rainy.
Pants/ jeans
Shorts
Pyjamas
Hat or visor
Sunglasses
Shoes/ sandals
Swimsuit

Others:
Ipod/ mp3 - batteries for that
Books/ magazines
Cards
Candy/ snacks
Mini first aid kit
Flashlight
Camera and charger or batteries
Umbrella
Pocket knife
Purse/handbag/carry on
Money - in the right currency
Nail clipper
Pocket hand sanitizer
Pocket sized tissues

That's all I can think of right now!

Ainsley February 23rd, 2009 02:17 AM

uh yea the pocket knife isnt allowed...its a weapon... anyways just your basics. katie you have been through this drill sooo many times. i know each time you will think you will forget something but just as long as you have your basics you will be fine. most important thing is:

clothes
hair stuff (straightener, curling iron etc.)
bathroom stuff (take soap its so much better than using theirs)
camera with extra batteries
ipod and speakers
flip flops
and an OPEN MIND and be OUTGOING! haha

btw we still need to get together for our outfits for spring break since you wont be back when i leave. we need to do that ASAP!

KTS1193 February 23rd, 2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ainsley
uh yea the pocket knife isnt allowed...its a weapon... anyways just your basics. katie you have been through this drill sooo many times. i know each time you will think you will forget something but just as long as you have your basics you will be fine. most important thing is:

clothes
hair stuff (straightener, curling iron etc.)
bathroom stuff (take soap its so much better than using theirs)
camera with extra batteries
ipod and speakers
flip flops
and an OPEN MIND and be OUTGOING! haha

btw we still need to get together for our outfits for spring break since you wont be back when i leave. we need to do that ASAP!

i have to buy more clothess first which im not doing till like, the first week in march or second.. cause more spring clothes are out then! haha

but i'll help you ! (:

Ainsley February 23rd, 2009 04:35 PM

sounds good to me.. =) i got to looking at some of my clothes. looks like ill be going to do some shopping of my own. haha. but we will definitely have to get an idea of what we want to take but with me i really have to narrow it down because im not taking a big suitcase so ill be a little cramped for room.

KTS1193 February 23rd, 2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ainsley
sounds good to me.. =) i got to looking at some of my clothes. looks like ill be going to do some shopping of my own. haha. but we will definitely have to get an idea of what we want to take but with me i really have to narrow it down because im not taking a big suitcase so ill be a little cramped for room.

Im gonna try and limit my number of bags to ONE but it prob wont happen.. just cause i dont wanna pay 40 dollars just for luggage.

Ainsley February 24th, 2009 12:09 AM

im hoping that my suitcase isnt going to weigh 50lbs by the time i get finished with packing... if it does we have a severe problem.. haha. but im trying to keep in mind i CAN buy stuff in virginia if needed, like personal items. and shoes if something happens to the 2 pair im going to take with me.. they do have stores there and my bff has a washing machine so i can wash my clothes. so im hoping that little fact will help with my packing.

c_m_alex March 2nd, 2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ainsley
im hoping that my suitcase isnt going to weigh 50lbs by the time i get finished with packing... if it does we have a severe problem.. haha. but im trying to keep in mind i CAN buy stuff in virginia if needed, like personal items. and shoes if something happens to the 2 pair im going to take with me.. they do have stores there and my bff has a washing machine so i can wash my clothes. so im hoping that little fact will help with my packing.

that happens to me sometimes. my suitcase is over 50 lbs and when we get to the airport to weigh it, my dad has a fit and starts transfering some of the stuff into our carryon (to reduce the weight of the checked bag...). and keep in mind that this is all outside newark airport at 6:00 in the morning.
he was not happy....
bottom line---weigh your suitcase BEFORE you leave!

nace0 March 2nd, 2009 05:35 PM

Yeah that same exact thing happened to me at newark after we arrived back from Puerto Rico.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1