CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   hooking up on a cruise? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/363364-hooking-up-cruise.html)

luv4life April 10th, 2009 03:01 PM

hooking up on a cruise?

have you ever done it or do you think it's trashy?

luv2cruise525 April 10th, 2009 04:06 PM

I almost did... he definitely tried and I turned away. It was on the last night when he walked me back to my cabin. I totally regret not kissing him. I got to know him on the nights before and we had a really good connection. I will hook up with someone if I got to know them and if something is there. Otherwise, I think it's trashy.

Djcarolina April 10th, 2009 06:55 PM

I have, quite a few times, and i have different feelings about it. I honestly feel better about the hookups that were somewhat stringless than the ones that hung over into my "home life". I'll explain- cruise hookups can be a load of fun, especially while your on the ship, living the moment. Hell, ships are romantic by nature and as teens.....its just what we do. However, occasionally i've let emotions get involved instead of remembering that its a friendship thing that lasts during the cruise. Some members on here have actually had relationships with cruise "boy/girlfriends" and some of them have worked out quite well. For me, I find it easier to enjoy things with people you like, and live the moment, but after the cruise is over, unless there are extenuating circumstances, then you focus on developing a great friendship and it'll make the experience much better to look back on years down the road.

Second- no it's not trashy indigenously. Some people take hooking up and make it a public icon, thats trashy. I think that when you decide to make out...etc. with someone, it should be done in the company of only that person, not necessarily in an enclosed cabin away from people, but its kinda awkward to be making out hard and heavy in the middle of the club.

I digress...

Dknockum April 10th, 2009 11:04 PM

i agree with both people. i think that if u get to know that person and u both like each other then it's ok. sometimes it's jst living in the moment and other times it can be omething really true and real.if u brag about ur hook up then u make it trashy and u shouldn't hook up with anyone if thats wat u would do.

j-unit April 11th, 2009 12:02 PM

It depends on how it goes down and how you handle it. I've hooked up with girls on all my cruises since i was 13-14, but its always been in private and neither of us go around bragging about it.
And make sure they realize its just a hookup, as i've seen girls (and guys) flip on eachother when they think its gonna become some serious relationship

luv4life April 11th, 2009 10:08 PM

yeah i agree w/ all of you guys...you should live the moment, but not brag about it.

vanillla April 12th, 2009 05:49 PM

i've never hooked up on a cruise, but i don't think it's trashy. well, i do, but it's okay to be a little trashy on a cruise.
you're never going to see the person again and on a cruise you're supposed to be allowed to let go and just have fun. what happens on a cruise stays on a cruise, at least that's what i think.

xDaisy18 April 16th, 2009 07:56 PM

nope, not trashy in my eyes
i've actually only hooked up with someone i barely knew once in my whole life and it was on my last cruise
it was fun, but horrible when i got so attached to the guy cause we live so far away from each other

so my advice? make it private, fun, and dont get too attached! unless you live near each other or are both set on working out a long distance relationship.

Peter2852 April 17th, 2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xDaisy18
nope, not trashy in my eyes
i've actually only hooked up with someone i barely knew once in my whole life and it was on my last cruise
it was fun, but horrible when i got so attached to the guy cause we live so far away from each other

so my advice? make it private, fun, and dont get too attached! unless you live near each other or are both set on working out a long distance relationship.

I agree, the attachment is a problem sometimes. Especially when they live in say the UK and your in the US. Its difficult, I am going to need a little while to get over my cruise "relationship" if I can call it that. But I am staying in touch with her and all, and it wasnt just a trashy thing so its all good.

Enchantment 04 April 17th, 2009 08:38 PM

hahahaha ohhhhhhh my i have some really good hook up stories from my cruises.

A. you only live once so live life to the fullest.
B. you're on a cruise for crying out loud... VACATION
C. chances are you'll never see them again. who cares!!!! just don't get attached or you will care lol

long distance never works out unless you have the time and money to go back and forth. trust me i've done the long distance thing to the EXTREME. meaning i lived in new york and the other person lived in england. i can fly for practically nothing so it worked out, the person just turned into a jealous psycho haha.

cruiseeeeaddict April 19th, 2009 04:56 PM

i just got back from a cruise yesterday and i did hook up with someone. it was totally just for fun since we both knew if was just a cruise and we were 99.9% sure we'll never see each other again. if the opportunity comes up, just go for it!

as others said i don't think it's trashy as long as your in a somewhat private place and not going at it in the middle of a bunch of strangers.

I_Live_4_Cruises April 20th, 2009 01:54 PM

Daisy... Ohio boys! Need I say more?? haha

Joe.. That sucks that the person was crazy! At least you have the ability to keep a long distance relationship going since you fly. Do you meet a lot of people outside of your area then??

About cruise hookups... I agree with Dariana and Joe 100%. Just know what you are getting yourself into. In most cases cruise hookups are just a matter of being on vacation and finding someone you find attractive and fun and just living in the moment. Rarely does something come of a cruise hookup, however it can if, like Joe said, you have plenty of travel ability. Live your life how you wanna live it, you won't have to deal with anyone in a week. lol :wink: