Hey everyone. This is my first time on a cruise and I am going on the Princess from Vancouver to Alaska. I am 15 year old girl but really shy, and I am only going with my mom. I want to ditch my mom and hang out with people my own age but i am very shy about meeting new people, and I don't think any of them will like me, or they will be snobby or something. Any tips or word or encouragement?
Welcome to cruisemates; I'm Michael. Here are some general tips for the shy person going on a cruise:
1. Remember that no one knows anyone else. Of course it'll be awkward at first unless you're a veteran cruiser
2. Don't be afraid to approach someone. Chances are, they are afraid to approach you too.
3. Be outgoing. By putting yourself out there, you'll not only meet more people, but you'll end up with more friends.
4. Remember that it is a cruise. If you make a total fool of yourself, you don't have to worry about it affecting your life back home.
5. Have fun. The whole purpose of a cruise is to have fun; live a little and step out of your own shoes [figuratively] for once.
6. Don't carry a negative mentality about everyone else; show them what you want to be seen as. People will only think what you want them to. If you're a shy self absorbed person and you put yourself out as an outgoing fun person, people are going to think you're an outgoing fun person.
Those are my best tips; if anyone wants to add on, go for it
Teen Host Past Cruises CCL:
Fascination (8/26/00) (2/18/02)
Sensation (8/19/12) NCL:
Sea (2/22/03) PCL:
Crown (3/5/11) RCI:
Freedom (3/7/10) Future
Carnival Pride (12/16/12)
hey! welcome to cruisemates im ainsley! =) michael basically just summed it all up. definitely dont be afraid to take chances and get to meet people. he is exactly right chances are they are afraid to approach you as well. just go in with an open mind and definitely dont be afraid to strike up a conversation with someone. just go up and say "hey my name is ______" they will introduce themselves and then you could ask "so where are you from" basic questions like that is how i make my friends =) anymore questions feel free to ask! =)
__________________ Past Cruises
Commodor Enchanted Isle of Capri-06.97
Royal Caribbean Sovereign OTS-4.16.07
Carnival Fantasy 4.28.08
Carnival Fantasy 10.27.08
Norwegian Pearl 3.13.11
Carnival Elation 11.14.11
hi! i'm stephanie!
i am kind of shy too when i'm around people i dont know, so on past cruises i haven't really made friends, but then this past summer i just kind of went up to people and was like hey i'm Stephanie and it was way easier to make friends and i had a way better time. Also what i like to think about is that i'm on vacation for a week and i can be who ever i want to be and if these people go home and tell their friends that they met a complete loser on their cruise it doesn't really matter cause you probably won't see them again and if they were worth keeping in touch with then they wouldn't say things about you
Sovereign of the Seas '02
Navigator of the Seas '04
Majesty of the Seas '05
Adventure of the Seas '06
Rhapsody of the Seas '07
Mariner of the Seas '08
Freedom of the Seas '09
Navigator of the Seas '09-'10
Serenade of the Seas '10
Grandeur of the Seas '10
Radiance of the Seas '10-'11
Freedom of the Seas '11
Mariner of the Seas '11-'12