Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Passenger

Default Descriptive Essay. What you guys think?

Ok so i have to write a descriptive essay for my english class and i thought i would write it on one of my favorite cruises. Well heres what i got so far. Tell me what you think.

Beauty at Its Finest
“Beep, beep, beep,” I heard, as my annoying alarm clock went off. I quickly rolled over to the other side of the bed where my alarm clock sat and with tremendous force slammed my hand down like a hammer, hitting a nail and hit the snooze button one last time. I could tell it was already late morning because of the angle the sun beamed into my room and hit the floor. I had a ridiculous hang over from the night before and didn’t want to wake up. But I knew today was going to be such a wonderful day because I was embarking on my seven day extravaganza vacation cruise to the beautiful islands of the Caribbean. I had been waiting many months and long days for this vacation and it was finally here. I had been packing up to two weeks before our trip; that’s how excited I was. Even though it was only a seven day cruise I packed as if I were leaving for months. With half my closet empty and a whole bunch of excitement built up inside, I was ready to have the vacation of a life time.
After having been asked if I wanted peanuts and what kind of soda I wanted for the last three hours on our flight over to Florida, which seemed like an eternity, my family and I finally caught a crowded bus filled with an assortment of people, over to the cruise ship terminal. Once I stepped off the air conditioned bus and the humid heat of the Florida air hit me, I quickly went into a down pour of sweat. With not having a very high humidity back home, this uncertain and uncomfortable weather almost seemed unpleasant. But I soon grew relaxed to the weather and only had one thing on my mind and that was the enormous cruise ship that stood in front of me. Standing before me was not just a little dingy you saw in the local harbor, what stood before me was a slice of heaven that I would call home for the next seven days. Staring at the ship, which seemed to be ten football fields long and fifteen stories high, I was suddenly interrupted by a short man with a shaved head that insisted that we leave our bags with him so we could go wait in the ridiculously long line that stretched about four city blocks, just to get on the ship. After it seemed like I just lost ten pounds from standing in the unbearable heat, my family and I finally arrived at the front of the line. With passports and papers all in hand we were quickly given our sail and sign cards by the conseair and headed on our way up the ramp to the ship. The feeling walking up that ramp was like the feeling astronauts must get when going to their spaceship, uncertain of what was to come, but so anxious that they just wanted it to start. Step by step my excitement grew more and more. It was like a countdown was going on in my head until I finally set foot on the ship.
Tall beautiful paintings, clear glass elevators that stretched from floor to ceiling, a red carpet rolled out made me feel like a celebrity. As I strutted my way onto the ship I was promptly greeted by many welcomes and smiling faces of many different ethnicities. The fresh smell of newly cut flowers filled my nostrils as I walked by. Everywhere I seemed to look, all I would see were the animated faces of fellow passengers waiting to embark on a journey so great that it made a five star resort look bad. With the thrill of a five year old when they get a new toy, I immediately ran up to my room to check it out. I read the numbers 6770 on the wall; I inserted my card and opened a door to freedom. The smell of recently washed sheets caught my attention as I walked in the room. Shocked with amazement, my eyes quickly wondered to the freshly dipped chocolate strawberries; bright red in color and doused with what seem to be the richest chocolate I had ever eaten and, before I knew it, they were gone like a snap of a finger. I soon grew bored of my room and decided to take a walk around the ship.
Everywhere I walked all I could see where smiles of joy, faces filled with exuberance and a lot of people. Before long I found myself standing on the top deck of the ship with fellow passengers at hand waving good bye to everyone and everything back on land and looking forward to a vacation of relaxation and a whole lot of fun.
Before I knew it my seven days of heaven were gone. All the excitement and anticipation that built up for this wonderful vacation had vanished in such a short amount of time. I can only now look back on this getaway as a distant memory, only a place in time that will stay with me not only for a few years, but my whole life.

Pass Cruises:
Carnival Spirit-2007/2008(New Years Cruise)
Carnival Valor-2007
Carnival Miracle-2006
RCCL Voyager of the Seas-2005
RCCL Mainer of the Seas-2005
RCCL Explore of the Seas-2004
Disney Magic-2004
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Familiar Face

That sounds great! Maybe add in some stuff that you did during the week on the cruise? I'm sure your teacher will be dying to know once he's started reading it!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 20th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to cruiseeeeaddict

that's awesome!
are you sure you should mention the hang over? lol

Past Cruises
Navigator of the Seas - 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010
Mariner of the Seas - 2007
Liberty of the Seas - 2008
Carnival Liberty - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 B2B
Carnival Miracle - April & June 2011
Carnival Dream - 2011, 2012
Carnival Glory - June & September 2012
Carnival Imagination - 2013
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Passenger

Default paper

ummm yea idk if i should mention my hang over ehhh wutever but yea i was lookin to add my times in club 02 and all the food, dinner time and the shows things like that

Pass Cruises:
Carnival Valor-2007
Carnival Miracle-2006
Disney Magic-2004
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Passenger

Default paper

ummm yea idk if i should mention my hang over ehhh wutever but yea i was lookin to add my times in club 02 and all the food, dinner time and the shows things like that

Pass Cruises:
Carnival Valor-2007
Carnival Miracle-2006
Disney Magic-2004
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

yeah i just read it, it is well written but maybe you should be careful with the hangover lol

Aug 2000 7 day Celebrity Horizon, Bermuda
Jul 2001 4 day Carnival Victory, Canada
Jul 2002 7 day NCL Sea, Bahamas
Jan 2004 11 day NCL Dawn, Caribbean
Apr 2005 7 day NCL Dawn, Bahamas/Florida
Apr 2006 9 day NCL Dawn, Caribbean
Apr 2007 12 day NCL Dawn, Caribbean
Jul 2007 8 day NCL Spirit, Bermuda/Caribbean
Mar 2008 7 day NCL Gem, Bahamas/Florida
Apr 2009 13 day RCL Explorer, Caribbean

Future Cruises:

Norwegian DAWN

7 day New York to Bermuda
July 18, 2010
Old April 23rd, 2009, 07:33 AM
Captain

I agree. It was a very well written paper but maybe take out the hangover unless you are legal to drink, but i doubt you are
Old April 25th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to luv4life

i thought it was very well written...i would just add more info about what you did during the cruise other than that i liked it (:

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4life
i thought it was very well written...i would just add more info about what you did during the cruise other than that i liked it (:
he said that he was going to write it separate from this thing