Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ashleyx3
Default Norwegian Dawn Review

Hey everyone so i never wrote a review for.. anything actually so i'm going to try to do my best lol.

Alright so I left on the Dawn Sunday May 3rd on a cruise to Bermuda.
While waiting to board the ship I was looking around the port and scanning the crowd and saw NO TEENAGERS ANYWHERE. I was freaking out but I was still excited to just get on the cruise. Getting on was really easy and once I got on the **** they handed me and my parents glasses of Champagne which I thought was a nice welcoming. They automatically sprayed everyones hands with hand sanitizer, and had little automatic hand sanitizing stations all over the ship and I think it's safe to say I never sanitized my hands that much in one week lol. We went to our room right away which was an inside stateroom, and roomier than i expected. Then we headed up to explore the rest of the ship and go on the deck to see NYC and watch the boat barely make it under the Verrazano Bridge. It was raining and pretty chilly so I didn't enjoy it too much but I was very excited.
We went to dinner in one of the main restaurants, Venetian, and the food was very good. The bread they give you tastes amazing! On my last cruise the seas were very calm and I didn't know what real motion on a ship felt like until about an hour after we left. As we were eating I was facing the window and seeing the water and feeling the waves wasn't the greatest but it didn't bother me too much.
After dinner I went to get ready to go to the teen meet & greet hoping I would see some teens there. When I got in the elevator a girl my age was in it so i started talking to her and she was going to the teen club to so we went together. When we got there, there was only 3 other kids in there. Me and my new friend, Kayliegh, decided to go for a walk and come back later but as we were leaving we saw 2 guys our age walking in so we ran back in there haha.
We did some ice breakers and we all just talked and went back to our rooms because it was late.

The second day I met up with Kayleigh and we went in the hot tubs, which were very hot but relaxing, and saw the two guys and they came over and hung out with us. That night we went back to the teen club and met more people and finally had a good amount of teens (for the fact that our teen counceler said there were only 38 13-17 year olds on the ship :o)

The boat was rocking the whole way to Bermuda but i didn't care too much because I was having a great time. The food was great. I had a teen passport which is a booklet of 30 coupons you can use towards not only sodas but smoothies and milkshakes as well. Pina Colada & Tutti Frutti were my favorites. Me and my family went to Le Bistro, a french restaurant with a cover charge. The food they had there was stuff I'd never eat but I tried Escargot & goose liver stuffed chicken breast. I think it's safe to say that i didn't have much of an appetite after that mean lol. The other main restaurant, Aqua, had amazing food as well. Blue Lagoon, the 24 food court had really good buffalo wings which are my favorite things to snack on. The buffet was good but they could have had a little bit more variety. The room service menu was good for when my parents would get up early and I'd be too lazy to go with them to eat for breakfast/brunch.

The entertainment on the ship was great, they had something for everyone. I really enjoyed one poolside band that played Bob Marley music. The had a movie theater with good movies surprisingly, except for the fact that they played Twilight every day at least once (sorry for those Twilight fans)

I'm sure the teen club would have been more fun if there were more teens, because everytime there was a dance or some sort of activity they would cancel it because not enough of us were there.

Bermuda was alright, I really just enjoyed the cruise more than the destination. Although i must say, the Bermudian locals have to be the nicest locals I've ever met in a foreign country and that left a lasting impression on me.

I think what made this cruise so amazing, is the friends that I made on the ship. Over the 5 actual days that we got to know each other, we got so close to each other and comfortable around everyone. I myself got close with one of the boys from the first night, Tyler. By the end of the cruise everyone was pretty much coupled up and the last night was so hard to get through. At first saying goodbye wasn't so bad because the people I wasn't that close with left first. But when It came to saying goodbye to the close ones, Kayleigh, Taylor, Louis, Jimi, Nicole, Tyler, Steve, and especially Nick ( who i bonded with a lot on the last day) it was extremly hard for me.
LUCKILY, most of them live within an hour from me, except for Jimi and Tyler =| They live in upstate New York.

But what I realized is that for me when it comes to cruising, it's the friends you make that really make your vacation so memorable. If i didn't meet them i would have been so bored and probably home sick, although Norwegian Cruise Lines are great.

I probably left a lot out, but i also typed a lot lol So if you have any questions ask me

and if you want to look at the pictures here's the album from my facebook that I made public (:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=4e5498c68d

<3 Ashley

Past Cruise - Carnival Glory March 2007 (leaving from Florida)

myspace.com/ashnpunkrock4eva
Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Captain

thanks for the review. sorry that there werent a lot of teens onboard but at least you got to meet a few people.
did you see the fountains skit? if you dont know what i am talking about, i posted a video on here a little while ago
Old May 14th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ainsley

sounds like you had a great cruise! i know its kinda hard with a few teens... my last 2 cruises there was only 7 or 8 of us in the teen club and maybe 30 13-17 yr olds.. so its hard but those 2 cruises are my top 2. i think when you have a smaller amount of teens you bond with them more because you want to have a good time and you make best of what your given. as far as them canceling your activities because there wasnt enough teens thats crap because we always done ALL of our activities when there were like 4-6 of us.. i dont think that part was fair. your pics look like yall had a great time =) thanks for the review =)))
Carnival Conquest-02.22.04
Carnival Conquest-02.06.05
Carnival Legend-3.25.06
Royal Caribbean Sovereign OTS-4.16.07
Carnival Fantasy 4.28.08
Carnival Fantasy 10.27.08
Norwegian Pearl 3.13.11
Carnival Elation 11.14.11

Future Cruises
Carnival Ecstasy 5.21.12
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kristina99 Send a message via MSN to Kristina99

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!!
Im going on this ship to Bermuda on June 21, and im so excited!!
The chicken wings sound good =]
And i love your pics

OK so i have a question for you.... You said you got the teen passport thing for drinks?? How much was that? I can get it when I get onboard right?? And im 18.... can I still get it?? I really would love to have that I absolutely love strawberry daquiris and pina coladas and bahama mamas and all those drinks =]

Booked Cruises
NCL Dawn 6/21/06 Bermuda

Past Cruises
10/30/08 X Constellation Caribbean
Costa Fortuna 3/08 Eastern Caribbean
Costa Magica 2/07 Western Caribbean
HAL Noordam 11/06 Eastern Caribbean
X Zenith 6/06 Bermuda
HAL Zuiderdam 5/05 Western Caribbean
HAL Maasdam 6/04 Canada/New England
CCL Triumph 12/03 Western Caribbean
CCL Victory 11/02 Eastern Caribbean

Old June 18th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ashleyx3

Hey sorry i'm replying so late you leave in like two days lol
but if i remember correctly it was about $40 & you can get it onboard at the reception desk

and they may or may not give it to you if you're 18 but they're nice so i don't see why not

the only thing is i thought that i could get lattes and coffees with the passport too but that isn't included sadly

ahh i'm jealous you're going to have soooo much fun
make sure you bring a white outfit for the white hot party (;

Past Cruise - Carnival Glory March 2007 (leaving from Florida)

myspace.com/ashnpunkrock4eva
Old June 29th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to c_m_alex

I loved the Dawn! It was a pretty ship and I enjoyed sailing out of New York. Actually, I enjoyed sailing into New York the last morning. We got up around five and took some awesome pictures.