CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Enchantment of the Seas- July 16, 2009 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/365584-enchantment-seas-july-16-2009-a.html)

Djcarolina June 24th, 2009 10:59 AM

Enchantment of the Seas- July 16, 2009

Alrighty, the next cruise on the list is a nice 4 night getaway and 7 night vacation that i deserve lol. It's been April since my last trip and most of you know I haven't been away from cruising that long since I started.

Enchantment of the Seas

Day 1: Port Everglades, Florida
Day 2: Key West, Florida
Day 3: Cozumel, Mexico
Day 4: At Sea
Day 5: Port Everglades, Florida

The days prior, we're staying in Orlando for 2 nights to hit up Old Town and Islands of Adventure, two of my favorite spots on land, and then one night at the Hard Rock Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale!

luv2cruise525 June 24th, 2009 11:28 AM

I may be going August 13th to 17th so let me know how it is even though I've been on EOS before.

Can you see if Bimmal or Yu are waiters on the ship still? haha
They were amazing!

Djcarolina June 24th, 2009 11:50 AM

I'll check into that and I always write a review for new ships so i'll be sure to include all the details for ya.

luv2cruise525 June 24th, 2009 04:26 PM

Thanks!

I love that ship! Those waiters are amazing! We had a table in the far back in front of where they get all the food (no one ever likes it there) but we love it! We get to talk to all the different waiters and make friends!

rhea x June 24th, 2009 06:44 PM

not going at the same time but im going in August on the 8th
but theres this other website cruisecritic.com where they have roll calls for every ship and i'm pretty sure theres one thread for this ship on the time your going. a bunch of ppl posted (:
but you need to make an account to read them lol

heres the site

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=904780

definitely post again when you get back love to hear about your trip and what you think of the ship

Djcarolina June 25th, 2009 05:22 PM

Thanks, I'm already a member of cruise critic (been there about as long as i've been here), but it's good to see other people know about them!

Welcome to Cruisemates btw!

rhea x June 26th, 2009 12:09 PM

oh haha yupp the sites really helpful

and hey thankss! (:

Ainsley June 27th, 2009 08:11 PM

take me?!

Ainsley June 27th, 2009 08:13 PM

take me?!

luv2cruise525 July 9th, 2009 02:50 PM

You should totally wait a month and go on it with me OR do both! It's definitely a party when I'm on board! My job (in real life haha... no joke) is to be the life of the party :)

They are trying SO hard to give rooms away! It's pretty insane!

Djcarolina July 9th, 2009 03:06 PM

Yeah we didn't pay anything what so ever. I'm not sure how this is gonna turn out. Seems like the ship isn't gonna be full and obviously i'm not a teen anymore and these random cruises don't tend to have a lot of outgoing 18-24 year olds, mostly the awkward self contained teens and lots of cougars.

Whats your job?

luv2cruise525 July 9th, 2009 04:42 PM

My last cruise was very different than all my others. I was surprised how many older guys (meaning they can drink and probably between the ages of 21 and 30ish) were flirting with me and offering me drinks. They were really outgoing, for obvious reasons haha I went up to a bunch of girls and starting talking to them. I'm usually the outgoing one, but only on cruises! haha I think you should switch dates and come on my cruise so I'm not the only crazy one!

I work for a dj/mc company. I obviously only really work on Saturdays and I travel a lot for the job. I dance at parties and get people up to dance and do games/activities. I basically was hired because of the way I look (which I think is ridiculous), my dancing skills and most importantly, my personality. When I'm at work, I have to be extremely upbeat and have LOTS of energy. I do get yelled at if I don't look the right way or if I don't have enough energy. My boss is really hard on us and wants us to be perfect. Overall, I absolutely love it and plan on staying with the company well into my 20s!

When I'm on a cruise, I take the same attitude as I do at work which is why I always have an amazing time even if there aren't many kids my age. I'm always up on stage dancing and always in the dining room parading around with the waiters.

Zach17 July 9th, 2009 04:59 PM

ooooooooooo well yall have sumim in comon :wink:

haha and i always rely on cougars an bro's to get me drinks haha LOL

Djcarolina July 9th, 2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2cruise525
My last cruise was very different than all my others. I was surprised how many older guys (meaning they can drink and probably between the ages of 21 and 30ish) were flirting with me and offering me drinks. They were really outgoing, for obvious reasons haha I went up to a bunch of girls and starting talking to them. I'm usually the outgoing one, but only on cruises! haha I think you should switch dates and come on my cruise so I'm not the only crazy one!

I work for a dj/mc company. I obviously only really work on Saturdays and I travel a lot for the job. I dance at parties and get people up to dance and do games/activities. I basically was hired because of the way I look (which I think is ridiculous), my dancing skills and most importantly, my personality. When I'm at work, I have to be extremely upbeat and have LOTS of energy. I do get yelled at if I don't look the right way or if I don't have enough energy. My boss is really hard on us and wants us to be perfect. Overall, I absolutely love it and plan on staying with the company well into my 20s!

When I'm on a cruise, I take the same attitude as I do at work which is why I always have an amazing time even if there aren't many kids my age. I'm always up on stage dancing and always in the dining room parading around with the waiters.

That's ironic lol since what I do obviously is DJ/MC. Where are you at? Its really a job where you can't be shy. I love taking the stage and have ended up running deck parties back on the Fantasy and Sensation. Its an outgoing job and I love it. www.youtube.com/djcarolina18 check out some of my shows. And yea i'll check and see whats going on that weekend if I don't have anything I'll see if we can head down for the trip.

Djcarolina July 9th, 2009 05:18 PM

luv2cruise525 July 9th, 2009 06:17 PM

What's the ;) face supposed to mean, Zach? haha

Very cool! Finally, someone who actually understands what I do! I usually get the responce, "woah so you're THAT type of dancer!" and I have to explain that I do get paid to dance but I don't do that lol My brother is DJ on his own and works for the same company as me.

That would be sick to have someone else whose as crazy as I am! My boss made me get on the mic for the first time and I was like umm I'll try and the dj was like you'll TRY... and started to laugh at me... then continued by saying he would TRY to dj lol

Do you live in NC or SC? I've been to NC once and fell in love with a little town. I would love to move there :)

Djcarolina July 9th, 2009 11:46 PM

I'm in SC but i'm about an hour and a half from north carolina. Everyone seems to love maggie valley, boone and all the little towns in NC especially in cherokee country.

And yeah it can really be a challenge your first time on the mic but after a while you learn that you have control of the crowd and it feels great especially when you get them really involved and having a good time. For me i've never really had any issue with confidence and the only thing lots of performers, especially younger ones, have issues with is that they sometimes become cocky and thats just not cool and certainly doesn't attract the girls like they think it does. Confidence is good, cocky is bad and thats what I always try and teach people when I'm training a new MC or DJ.

And Zach...he's just jealous of my cruise history :-P LOL

luv2cruise525 July 10th, 2009 12:16 AM

I've been to Cary, NC and loved it! I think it's in Wake County? I looked it up once to see if they had any job openings for me in the future lol

I don't like hearing my voice unlike most mcs/djs. My boss is the mc and he's amazing! I don't drive to any of the parties and I always get to eat the catered food. Best job ever! He's the best in the area and I swear that no one is better than him! Our one dj is so cocky! I stay away from him but he has his good moments.

I highly doubt that was what he was talking about! lol

Djcarolina July 10th, 2009 12:23 AM

Cary is deff. the "small town". I just love the terrain up there. I was planning on going to college at Appalachain State University but when i got a free ride locally and thought about how much i'd make by staying local and keeping operations running here where things are already solid... i had to give asu up.

I'm not sure if "hearing your voice" is what it amounts to. For me it's getting on a mic and seeing the crowds reaction. I did my own senior prom this year and it was absolutely the most insane 4 hours i think anyone has ever experienced. The crowd was full of energy, I was mixing and working the crowd like crazy and by the end everyone was raving about how awesome things were....and yes catered food is almost always good. Cocky is something that people debate. Some people like cocky guys, to me it just bothers me. You can be so much more personable when your confident in yourself and your forward (which is a MAJOR plus when cruising) but your not so cocky that people feel intimidated by you. Thats what i've always tried to live by at least.

And Zach....lol I have absolutely no idea what he was talking about then....