CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   READ ME FIRST - New Members (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/370128-read-me-first-new-members.html)

mmerali December 18th, 2009 01:19 AM

READ ME FIRST - New Members

Welcome New Members!
Cruisemates is a great place to find people going on your cruise, meet cruise crazies (like myself), and meet new friends. Before you post, just keep the following things in mind...

1. Be polite - we're all here because we love cruising and we come from all corners of the world. So lets respect one another.

2. Roll call threads are at the top. Going on a cruise? Post your "hey I'm going on a cruise, anyone else coming?" in one of the roll call threads at the top of the board in the stickies. Check the stickies to see if anyone else is on your sailing too!

3. Try not to bump threads. Bumping threads won't get you a reply any quicker, and most recent threads do stay on the front page.

4. If you have questions, just ask. I guarantee you'll get your questions answered quicker if you ask them on the board too.

5. If you need help with anything that requires a moderator, ask me. I can edit posts, delete them, and resolve arguments...all while being able to answer a great deal of cruise related questions. So use me. I promise I'll do my best to help you out.

6. Look at the date of the last posting on a thread. If the post is old, like really old, and seen its better days, don't bother posting on it. Chances are the original poster (unless its one of the handful of ancient members still posting) is no longer around or has long forgotten it.

Keep these in mind, and we'll all have a better Cruisemates experience. We're not clique-y at all here, and we're a very close group, so even if you join just to roll call, stick around, chat about your cruise, reminisce, or just stay to chat. We're a fun group of people.

Lastly, introduce yourselves on this thread. Name, age, where you're from, something interesting about you... the usual icebreakers so we can welcome you and get to know you.

Happy posting!

LuvvLee December 18th, 2009 01:45 AM

Hi, I'm Liora. People call me Lee. I'm 13 years old and I live in Melbourne, Australia.
I'm going on my first cruise on January 7th around New Zealand and I'm sooooo excited!
xxx

Thatpaigechicck December 18th, 2009 07:44 AM

Hi, im Paige. I'm 15 and i live in Florida. I go to school as a theatre major.
Im going on my second cruise (the first one is hardly memorable, i was 9) on December 27th.
:)

firsttimecruiser44 December 18th, 2009 04:46 PM

Wow Michael I tried to somewhat start this but it didn't work. haha

I am also Michael... I have only been on one cruise but going on Oasis or Allure for graduation gift in summer of 2011

xglockenspielx December 18th, 2009 08:04 PM

Hey, I'm winston.
I havnt been on in a couple years, cuz i kinda stopped cruising for a while.
I'm 19 years old... and I've been on hella cruises, and I'm going on the spirit in a couple weeks.
I like sushi, asian, girls and drumming.
If any of you are into drum corps, I marched Mandarins from 2008-2009

cruiseeeeaddict December 18th, 2009 08:40 PM

I'm not new, but I figured I'd add to this anyways.

I'm Rebecca & I'm 16 years old from Rhode Island.
I started cruising in 2005 and have been on 6 since then.
I'm going on my 7th cruise in 10 days for New Years Eve, not that I'm counting or anything ;)

Djcarolina December 19th, 2009 01:23 AM

Hey guys, I'm Ryan aka "The Cruise Encyclopedia". I know many of you have no clue who I am, but I used to live eat and breathe this forum about 2 years ago and although my senior year of high school and first semester of college made it difficult to find time to post, I'm starting to get more and more active. As of December I've been on 87 cruises with my most recent one being on Oasis of the Seas. Here at home I'm a DJ and am constantly working, but I love what I do. If any of you have questions or whatnot, ask away. If I don't know the answer...Mike does, if his answer is wrong Katie will chew him out. (Had to Mike)

And now please stand by for a word from our International Ambassador:

Hola a todos mis amigos que cruzan de habla hispana. Soy Ryan, I' m dieciocho y ha estado en ochenta y siete travesías. Soy DJ en mi tiempo de repuesto y acabo de comenzar mi primer año de universidad. Cualquier persona con preguntas referente a cruzar, siente libre de tirarme un mensaje privado o de pedir lejos. Por cuatro años era muy activo aquí, y gané a título la enciclopedia de la travesía. ¡Estoy pasando cada vez más tiempo alrededor de aquí así que miro adelante a la audición de usted!

Thatpaigechicck December 19th, 2009 08:06 AM

Just had to say, that I understood that ryan!
(even though it was what you said above but in spanish)
:) I should ace that spanish final.

Tropicalstephy December 19th, 2009 10:50 AM

Hey! I'm Stephanie!
I'm 16 years old. And I live like 30 min north of chicago but apparently I have a huge chicago accent haha
I'm going on my 8th cruise in 9 days with Rebecca!
I'm also in band at school and that pretty much consumes my life haha

jersey_girl_at_heart December 19th, 2009 10:54 AM

Hey, I'm Devon and I'm 18 years old and I live in Jersey! I'm a college freshman at Salisbury University in Maryland where I'm majoring in elementary education with a minor in english as a second language. I've been on 6 cruises, and every time I go I love it. I don't always go on cruises, sometimes my family does all-inclusive resorts, where I have just as much fun.

mmerali December 19th, 2009 11:26 AM

You know, I really wish I had the power to sticky because there should always be a welcome/new people thread up. Good to hear from some of the older members as well.

And thanks to Ryan's international expertise, we now have an international ambassador.

dancetilyadropx3 December 19th, 2009 05:11 PM

hey! I'm Amanda. I'm almost 18 and I am a senior in high school! I love cruising cause I love being in the sun and being tan! Meeting new people is cool too! :)

Djcarolina December 21st, 2009 04:28 AM

Aww thats right you still have a year to go! I forgot!

I guess that makes me the captain of the "Ambassador's Club" among others Officers, Elevators etc.

Ainsley December 21st, 2009 11:08 PM

Hey I'm Ainsley :) I'm 19 years old and have been on 8 cruises. I am a freshman in college majoring in nursing. I loveee cruising and cant wait until I go again :)

Stormy December 30th, 2009 12:28 PM

heyy! im stormy. i havent been on here for almost a year. im 17 i live in texas and im a senior this year!! i have been on 9 cruises and im tryin to find one to book for spring break :D

mmerali December 30th, 2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormy (Post 1265145)
heyy! im stormy. i havent been on here for almost a year. im 17 i live in texas and im a senior this year!! i have been on 9 cruises and im tryin to find one to book for spring break :D

Welcome back!

On a side note, thank you to whomever stickied the thread.

emoxcaryn January 1st, 2010 02:52 PM

Im Caryn and im 16 years old. Im going on my second cruise on April 17th on the Carnival Liberty. Its so hard to some people that i could hang out with on this cruise when no one is posting about it :(

firsttimecruiser44 January 1st, 2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoxcaryn (Post 1265501)
Im Caryn and im 16 years old. Im going on my second cruise on April 17th on the Carnival Liberty. Its so hard to some people that i could hang out with on this cruise when no one is posting about it :(

Try Cruisecritic - they have Roll Calls for any sailing possible. That's a great way to find other teens on your sailing

emoxcaryn January 2nd, 2010 11:06 AM

i tried that site, and its really confusing, and i couldnt find anyone at all on there.

mmerali January 2nd, 2010 11:25 AM

Hi Caryn, because you're cruising during spring break season, there are bound to be loads of people onboard, and while you might not meet anyone beforehand, I find that the real fun in cruising is having to meet people onboard for the first time rather than having all these prearranged meetings and whatnot.

jchesco January 2nd, 2010 11:51 AM

Hi Michael, I am a new member! My name is John and I am interested in non air travel and the availability of travel companions and or groups since I will be travelling alone?

Any information and feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have never taken a cruise but would like to try one.

Thanks
John

mmerali January 2nd, 2010 12:09 PM

Hi John, welcome to Cruisemates. I've sent you a private message with some information.

Enchantment 04 January 5th, 2010 10:37 PM

Hey guys... my name is Joe and I'm 20 years old. I'm a junior at Pace University in Manhattan studying business management. I'm a flight attendant with a regional airline which consumes most of my free time when I'm not in class. I haven't been on a cruise in AGES because of my job... but I love it so much that it doesn't really bother me. I've been posting here for years now... I think this February is going to be my fourth year... so crazy. I'm friends with a lot of people from here and have even met a few of you guys in person. Even though I don't post a lot, cruisemates will always have a special place in my heart! haha

Dknockum January 23rd, 2010 08:59 PM

hey everyone i'm sorry for posting so late. my name is de'sean and i will be fifteen on february 22.:Di have not been on any cruises yet, but my beat friend, cousin , and aunt have. i am going on my first cruise in onver christmas break this year or summer of next year.

dudestir127 January 23rd, 2010 10:46 PM

I'm Tim. I recently turned 21, I've been here since I was either 16 or 17, don't remember which. I've been on 10 cruises and I'm in college studying how to design ships, my goal is to get into cruise ship design.

KTS1193 January 24th, 2010 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djcarolina (Post 1263241)
If any of you have questions or whatnot, ask away. If I don't know the answer...Mike does, if his answer is wrong Katie will chew him out. (Had to Mike)

please explain.... lol and if you dont mind, can you get rid of my full name...

Kimbopolo January 24th, 2010 08:30 AM

Ticker Test

mmerali January 24th, 2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTS1193 (Post 1269816)
please explain.... lol and if you dont mind, can you get rid of my full name...

Katie, I removed your full name as you requested. As for the explanation, he posted that way back when we were having our facebook "argument"

goaliegurl31 January 29th, 2010 08:18 PM

hey, im marissa
im 14 and I play hockey
ive been on 3 cruises so far and im giong on Mariner of the Seas in febuary!!!

mmerali January 30th, 2010 03:58 AM

Welcome Marissa!