- Teen Cruisers
- - Norwegian Jewel
||June 25th, 2010 11:15 AM
I am going on this cruise at the end of the summer. I am going with my best friend, my cousin and my little sister. We are all teenagers. Any advice for us?
||June 25th, 2010 01:32 PM
Plenty. I'll just go list style:
- Meet as many people as you can - people make the cruise.
- Go crazy - cruises are your opportunity to let loose and try new things you wouldn't normally do
- Try the teen club from day 1. Cliques form quickly.
- Establish rules with your parents before you leave home - curfews, spending, etc...
- Plan your port days ahead of time. Google, Cruisemates, etc... are great resources for research
- Decide whether you want to explore on your own or you want to do excursions. Each has its own ups and downs.
- Be at the port by 11am - you want to enjoy the most of Day 1 as possible
- Create a budget for yourself if cash is an issue
- Pack effectively so you don't end up taking a whole closet, but still look fashionable
- Be prepared to break apart from each other. I'm sure you all have your different personalities, so try to spend some time on your own with your individual new friends. You spend enough time together on land
- Take a look at what your ship has to offer before hand/try to memorize important locations
- Dig up some menus for dinner and take a look at what is on the menu
- On the food note, decide whether you'll be trying any specialty restaurants
- Be open to new dishes. Escargot, lobster, caviar, etc... Cuisines are a definite thing to look forward to on ships
- Try some of the teen activities
- Plan a dinner away from your parents if they allow. It's always a plus for the parents to have one night to themselves.
If I recall this is a seven night cruise, so remember to pack accordingly:
2 formal nights, 7 nights of clothing, some club wear if you're into the teen club scene, beach wear (1/2 x number of beach stops usually works unless you like to wear a different bathing suit/bikini every time then it's 1 x number of beach stops + 2).
Perfume, and personal accessories are essentials. Shampoo, conditioner, soap (if you like a certain brand), other personal effects.
Let me know if you have any questions :)
||June 29th, 2010 03:39 AM
I sailed on the Norwegian Jewel a few years ago and there were lots of teenagers on-board, they all seemed to be having a good time together.
I think they had their own clubroom? and there was a video arcade and the disco.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 AM.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO