Originally Posted by cruisinteen
So I'm a 17 year old guy and I'm going on a Carnival Cruise in a few weeks and just happened to have a few questions regarding teen hookups.
1. Do a lot of teens hook up in Club O2 and is grinding allowed/appropriate there?
2. How difficult is it to hook up at least once during the entire cruise?
3. What's the best way to meet girls that you can become friendly with and eventually hook up with?
Ok, this could be a touchy subject, but i'm gonna go ahead and answer it.
The first and foremost answer to all of these questions is that, the experience will depend on what you put into it. During my cruises as a teen, and especially those cruises undertaken on Carnival's ships, hookups were part of the experience every time.
1. Lots of teens hook up on ships, all over the place- not just in the teen club. The dancefloor restrictions will depend on the Club O2 director that you have on your cruise. There are some directors who are very lenient and are really only interested in doing their jobs, and yet others who are concerned with making sure that teens don't step out of line and do things like grinding. Many times, Club O2 directors have no control over what they're allowed to let slide such as age restrictions or dance floor etiquette. That being said, I never went on a Carnival cruise where grinding wasn't a major part of every night in the club.
2. The level of difficulty for scoring a hookup depends entirely on you. Here are some things to keep in mind though: Most of the other teens you'll meet onboard are in a similar situation to the one you're in- that is, they're on vacation and are having to make new friends just like you are. Many people are more accepting and open-minded on cruises than they would be at home. Depending on your personality, you may find certain social groups easier to succeed in than others. In a shallow comment- the bottom line when choosing someone you'd like to get to know and/or hook up with is that you have to look for someone whose personality is open and outgoing. Converting a shy girl on a 7 night or less cruise is a waste of time and just not worth the effort.
3. I could write a book on this subject:
~ The best way to meet someone, period, is to be outgoing. Regardless of the personality you carry at home, you need to be outgoing and fun at sea. Now, being obnoxious, cocky or just an ass in general won't get you anywhere and at best you'll end up pissing people off. In my experience, girls are more likely to approach you or accept you if you're outgoing and confident, but not rude to anyone and not overly mouthy. Basically- keep the ego in check.
~ Going to the first day's meet & greet is an important part of establishing yourself among the teen group onboard. Even if the activity is lame, you want to become a familiar face around the club from the start. Regardless of whether or not you like the people you initially meet, it's always good to make friends with a larger group. Cruise ships are a lot like high school in that the popular kid always gets more action than the loner regardless of who he is- so become popular with a wide variety of people and it'll greatly enhance your experience.
~ I won't get into discussions of "game" tactics on here, but a strong understanding of what you're getting into, and knowing what you want to do when you do meet a girl(s) you want to get to know better is critical. Feel free to PM me if you need anything more on this topic.
A few more general pointers:
~ Avoid cliché situations whenever possible. Bullshit doesn't usually fly too well on cruise ships so keep the cheesy lines and romantic tactics at home.
~ Remember that the best way to score a hookup from someone is to be a friend first. Don't be afraid to make lots of friends on the first day or two and then narrow down things from there. You don't have to be making out on the first night to have a successful cruise.
~ If success isn't imminent from day 1, don't give up. I've had more than a few cruises where the first day or two sucked but the final days were AWESOME. Frequently the teens in the club will change over mid-way through the cruise as other teens find the club and participate.
~ Sea Days are your friend. Use your time wisely on sea days.
~ A great place to start meeting people in a casual environment is the Sail Away deck party that takes place after the Muster Drill. Nothing like doing the Cupid Shuffle with a bunch of girls in bikinis. I can't stress enough how important it is to get out there and have a good time both for your own enjoyment and to establish yourself as a party leader.
I think I'm gonna leave it at that. If you have any other specific questions, by all means ask them, I'll be more than happy to answer them. Good Luck!