Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default meeting people in club o2?(:

heyy(:
one- whats best way to meet people and make friends in club o2? i know you need to go on the first night, but how do you guys like intrduce yourselves?
two- best way to get chatting to a cute guy in your opinion?
three- how to get away from boring people or people who aren't your type easily but politely?
four- other good places to meet teens and hang with them on carnival freedom?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Familiar Face

1. Just be yourself, but be outgoing. Never be shy. Just feel free to go up to anyone, and say hi. You have tons of conversation starters, as you're all on the same boat.
2. Same thing. Personally, I'm most attracted to girls that just come out and say hi, and that are outgoing and colorful. Just treat a guy like he was anyone else, and definitely don't be shy.
3. I definitely know where your coming from. My last cruise we had two people in our crew that we just could not get rid of. We had to resort to things like running into elevators, zipping around corners, literally trying to lose them. My tip would be just to not lead them on in the first place. If you're talking to someone you don't necessarily like, be polite, but try to get someone else to pull you out of the situation, or simply say "While it was nice meeting you" and walk away.
4. The teen club, in my opinion, is the best place to meet people you're age. The one on Carnival looks really good, as the age group is 15-17, rather than 13-17 like on other cruises. On my last cruise, I was 16, and the teen club was full of younger kids. Aside from O2 though, I always met teens while I was in the gym (a good conversation starter in the gym is athletics), or at the pool (especially the hot tub, don't be shy, just climb in).

That's pretty much all the info I can give you, have fun on your cruise!
Old March 5th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Captain

1. Just talk to people. Also, become friends with the teen director, teens a lot of the time hang out around him/her, so if you're cool with the director who's always very friendly and outgoing, then you should be fine.

2. I'm a guy so I can relate to talking to cute girls but not the other way around. Just talk to her (or in your case talk to him), be funny, confident, outgoing, etc.

3. Don't lead them on in the first place.

4. O2 is the best place on Carnival. Besides that, the gym and pool are good, and don't laugh, to be completely serious sometimes the videogame arcade is a good place to meet other teens, the different games in there, such as challenging someone to air hockey, are good ice breakers.

Past Cruises (all except one from NYC)
Carnival Triumph to Canada: August 1999
Carnival Victory to Canada: July 2000
Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda: July 2001 AND July 2002
Celebrity Galaxy to Caribbean (from Baltimore): July 2003
Voyager of the Seas to Caribbean: July 2004
Crown Princess to Caribbean: July 2006
Carnival Victory to Canada: August 2007
Carnival Miracle to Caribbean: May 2008

Future Cruises:
Staten Island Ferry, I mean what else in NYC is free?
Old March 6th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Welcome Newcomer

just sit where everybody is at, dont take the Wii controller because i made that mistake the first day and most of everyone was sitting down in a corner so i did not make any friends until about the third day. good luck
Old April 12th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte-xo View Post
heyy(:
one- whats best way to meet people and make friends in club o2? i know you need to go on the first night, but how do you guys like intrduce yourselves?
two- best way to get chatting to a cute guy in your opinion?
three- how to get away from boring people or people who aren't your type easily but politely?
four- other good places to meet teens and hang with them on carnival freedom?

thanks!
1) the way i met people was going to the teen room on the first night where i met 2 teen boys.. i was lil timid at first but they helped a lot i started the conversation with "so where are u guys from?" that's how i met everyone on the ship.. that little question brought a lot of fun and joy to my cruise. =)

2) again ask him where he's from, what he likes to do for fun where he lives, what is it like there. i always asked if they played sports. and i know i i don't understand just smile and nod. act interested. they like that. ;p

3) i struggled with this and it ended up on the last night with me almost getting pushed through a glass door....but that is EXTREMELY rare! and he had ALOT of anger problems... if there is someone you don't like say "oh man what time is it? i have to go meet my family" and walk away... or just say "i'm gonna go take a nap in my cabin i'll be back down later" that's what i usually do... just try to avoid them.. a cruise without drama is sorta unrealistic but hanging with the non-drama group is prolly best idea...
4) the buffet. i met this rlly girl in the buffet bathroom of all places. and we were attatched at the hip the whole cruise... though i don't recomend the BATHROOM but the buffet is where i met a few teens.. and the hot tub/pool.. there were VERY few teens on my cruise... which was sad but it was in the beginning of Feb. so that's why... but idk when ur going... if it's from like june on there should be a lot of teens.. even this month there are LOTS of teens on spring break right now..

just be yourself... and don't forget to be outgoing nd just go up to people and say hi... remember no one knows eachother.. they're allin the same situation as you. so don't be afraid to just say "HI! Where are you from?" =)
hope that helps

*~x <3 Kristen <3 x~*
Future Cruises; Disney Wonder 1/15/2012
Past Cruises; NCL Star - 2/5/2011

3 Barrels <3 2 Hearts <3 1 Dream
Old May 6th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Welcome Newcomer

thank you all! i can't wait now!