CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   A few questions for a first timer (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/381747-few-questions-first-timer.html)

jessietea April 6th, 2011 02:58 AM

A few questions for a first timer

My mom today brought up possibly booking a last-minute cruise for April 15th (a 3 day cruise to Mexico on the Carnival Paradise) and I've never been on a cruise before so I had some questions.

1) Will there be a lot of teens on a cruise this time of year?

2) I am interested in hook-ups/"cruise couples" on this cruise, but is 3 days not enough time for this?

3) Do teens ever drink on these cruises? I know it isn't allowed on cruises but it's never allowed and it still happens.....

mmerali April 6th, 2011 03:20 PM

First, welcome to CruiseMates and cruising in general.

1. Depends who is on spring break, and then again how many people are willing to go. 3 day cruises are good because a lot more people are willing to miss school/work/etc... I honestly have never been on a cruise THAT short that is actually in memory, so I can't judge for you. There are always teens - whether it will be a raging party, it is hard to say.

2. It happens. The game just changes on the shortened cruises because of the limited time to get to know people. Think of it as a one night stand as opposed to a weeklong relationship.

3. I, nor anyone else on this board, can answer this question publicly (privately I have no control over). All I can say is use common sense.

dudestir127 April 7th, 2011 10:22 PM

Welcome to Cruisemates

1. April can be a tossup, it depends on how many schools are closed for spring break.

2. Even on a short 3 day cruise, anything can happen.

3. Security on cruises is strict about this sort of thing, so it's best to not even try. And, as bold and revolutionary of an idea this is, it is quite possible to have fun on a cruise without consuming any alcohol.

MszPolaris April 7th, 2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessietea (Post 1364682)
My mom today brought up possibly booking a last-minute cruise for April 15th (a 3 day cruise to Mexico on the Carnival Paradise) and I've never been on a cruise before so I had some questions.

1) Will there be a lot of teens on a cruise this time of year?

2) I am interested in hook-ups/"cruise couples" on this cruise, but is 3 days not enough time for this?

3) Do teens ever drink on these cruises? I know it isn't allowed on cruises but it's never allowed and it still happens.....

Welcome to cruising (hopefully!)

1- there are always teens. shorter cruises means you're probably in luck to do meet more.

2- like said above itll probably be a one night stand.

3- cruising is different than real life. they are more strict and honestly I have never seen it happen. but its refreshing to meet someone on a regular level without any influences and I've had tons of fun without it :)

good luck, be safe and have fun!

mkayius July 5th, 2012 12:59 PM

Best Cruises to Work For

Only free days for a cruise for couples. It doesn`t seem like is a lot of time to get to know someone...