Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Familiar Face

Exclamation Carnival Sensation?

Hey guys so me and my family are thinking about going on the Carnival Sensation at the end of summer. it's going to
Port Canaveral, FreePort, Nassau, Nassau and then back to Port Canaveral.
We may be going in the beginning of September..
SO.
Is there anyone who has been on this ship/cruise?
it seems like a very beautiful ship but it only has 3 1/2 stars..
so please. if anyone has cruised on this ship and or know someone who has cruised on this ship... please tell me what you thought... =)

Thanks Everyone.

*~x <3 Kristen <3 x~*
Future Cruises; Disney Wonder 1/15/2012
Past Cruises; NCL Star - 2/5/2011

3 Barrels <3 2 Hearts <3 1 Dream
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to mmerali Send a message via Skype™ to mmerali

Can't say I've been on her specifically, but I have been on her sisters... a lot of her sisters.

First, I'll start off by explaining that the star system to rate cruise ships is highly flawed. Cruising is a widespread industry and not every consumer falls into the same demographic; there is a large spread - Under 12, 12-18, 18-35... well, you get the point. The star system incorporates all of the ratings (regardless of who rated) into one method (or often is the opinion of one person). The issue with this is that a teen and an adult won't necessarily agree on the rating of a ship, which in the case of some ships, can have a significant effect on the rating. So keep that in mind when you're looking at stars. Actual reviews are a lot better because they actually say more about the specific reviewing demographic while adding specificity.

Now on to the Fantasy class...
Sensation was just remodeled fairly recently to add balconies (looks ugly, but adds another category of rooms) as well as the rest of the Evolutions of Fun upgrade. The Fantasy class as whole is a great class - not too many people, nice spaces, and decent teen amenities - just don't expect too much either... No big movie screen, no rock wall, or anything fancy. The reason why I personally favor the class is because it takes [took] (might not be the case now, I haven't sailed Fantasy class in a few years) you back to the way cruising used to be... the smaller ship generally means better service and higher quality.

Let me know if you have specific questions.
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Fascination (8/26/00) (2/18/02)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)
PCL:
Golden (2/14/04)
Caribbean (8/20/05)
Crown (3/5/11)
RCI:
Voyager (8/25/02)
Navigator (8/28/04)
Adventure (8/27/06)
Freedom (3/7/10)
Future
Carnival Pride (12/16/12)
Old April 12th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks! yeah i read some reviews and looked up a bunch of videos and they all said the decor was tacky but the ship it's self and the crew were fantastic! so idk we're very much considering going on this one in september. and my best friend might come along so that would be awesome!

i do have one question though..
IF my parents decided to get one room for them and one room for me and me freind...would that be possible because we're still underage for another year..? or would we have to book an adult in both rooms but rlly have my parents in one room and my n my friend in the one next to/across the hall??? just wondering coz me and my friend we talking about it....
thanks. hope to hear from ya soon. =)

*~x <3 Kristen <3 x~*
Future Cruises; Disney Wonder 1/15/2012
Past Cruises; NCL Star - 2/5/2011

3 Barrels <3 2 Hearts <3 1 Dream
Old June 13th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Curtis McCrea Send a message via MSN to Curtis McCrea Send a message via Yahoo to Curtis McCrea Send a message via Skype™ to Curtis McCrea

I know this is a few months old, but if it's not too late, we had a fanastic time.

You never got board as there was tons of things to do, like swim, slide in the waterpark, and if you call eating a fun thing to do, then we did that as well.

Don't worry, you'll have a great time.