CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Will I meet other teens and girls on my cruise? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/390207-will-i-meet-other-teens-girls-my-cruise.html)

jinnjuice June 28th, 2012 12:33 PM

Will I meet other teens and girls on my cruise?

Hey Im new to Cruisemates but I've been reading a lot of threads recently on the forums, so I decided to ask my own questions. I'm 15 and Im a sophomore. So on August 3rd, Im going on the Enchantment of the Seas on RCCL on a 6 night trip to Bermuda with my mom and my 12 year old sister. Im not really sure how Id rate myself on looks, but I guess I'm average. I'm not the smoothest guy with the ladies, and I only had two girls say I looked "cute" this year. Other than those two, I never got much female attention. The thing is, Im shy and I have to warm up to new people before I start acting like my fun and spontaneous self. I want to meet a girl on this cruise and hopefully become more outgoing. I want a thrilling experience with new friends and I also would like a romantic experience. I dont know how to act confident, because whenever I try to people say I seem like Im cocky or arrogant which I am definitely not. How can I meet girls on this cruise? Im planning to meet friends at the teen club. But how do I go about meeting girls? I always hear stories about teens meet girls/boys and then end up having a romantic experience on the ship, and then keeping in touch after the cruise. That's the experience I want. I want to have my first kiss hopefully on the cruise ship and stay in contact after. How do I approach girls and mingle without being awkward/pushy/creepy?

mmerali June 28th, 2012 12:52 PM

The best approach is a hello, nice to meet you, my name is [insert name here]. Where are you from?

Break the ice with something simple like that. It doesn't have to be complicated. The simpler the better. Where are you from works nicely because everyone on the ship comes from somewhere different. Alternatively, ask a "yes/no" question, then build into it. Like "is this your first cruise?" if yes, talk about your cruise history (if you have any) or take a minute to talk about how it is also your first.

It's not hard, and the Teen Club is a great place to start.

Bon Voyage!

Donna June 28th, 2012 03:11 PM

I bet you will love the "teen" club, be sure to get there the first night...Also read about any upcomming activities they have planned and join in those if it interests you...Have fun!

live_to_cruise July 18th, 2012 07:36 PM

Haha we're a lot alike, I'm a 15-year-old sophomore too! I was on Enchantment a few years ago, but I was still in the kids club then. Here are a few tips coming from a girl's perspective:

DON'T be cocky- you'll just attract girls who are also full of themselves

As posted from the others, definitely go to the teen club the first night for the "Meet and Greet" type event (when you first go on the ship, pick up the "Teen Cruise Compass" at the main desk area so you know what time)

If you feel too umconfortable going up to girls by yourself, maybe make a few guy friends at first, and you can find a group of girls so it takes the "one-on-one" pressure off

Smile, be outgoing and friendly :)

As posted before from the others, asking people "where are you from" or "is this your first cruise" are awesome ways of starting conversation!

You'll have a blast, you'll definitely make friends and meet girls, just be friendly and open (NOT shy)!

I have cruise compasses from my recent cruise on Royal Caribbean and I can give you tons of more info/advice if you want, feel free to personal message me, and I hope I can help with anything else :)

Have fun!

S_Rob13 December 1st, 2012 03:34 PM

I personally wouldnt try to have a "romantic experience" on a cruise because its only a week or so, however thats just me, Im 17 now and 14 on my first cruise. I found the best way to have the Ladies to flock around you is to be confident in yourself and just talk to them like you've met them before, Like youd talk to your friends at school. Its as simple as being friendly and being funny helps alot too! Take it from Experience man!! Just stay cool and youll be golden!