Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default 18 and I have questions

Hey guys,
my cousin and our moms are in the process of picking a cruise as a graduation present. I think we're going on one to the eastern carribean. My question is what is there for two 18 year old girls to do? I've heard that it's a weird age because you can't drink on the ship but you're treated like an adult anyways. Also, how does drinking in the ports work? And finally are the rooms big enough for all 4 of us to stay in one room?

Thanks,
Holly
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Hi Holly,
A cruise at that time of year should have lots of young adults your age. Sometimes they will post specific gathering points for teens and do try to treat the post-HS group a little differently. Carnival realizes you don't need/want a bunch of camp counselors.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Captain

All types of cabins will have quads, but they are not as big as a hotel room. Think dorm rooms, with two lowers and two uppers (bunks) above them. Its doable.

There will only be one bathroom, but a couple of you can always go up to the spa and use the bathrooms and showers and mirrors up there if several of you are the types that need a hour to get ready for dinner.

You can drink in the ports, but don't over do it, as if you miss the ship.. bye bye. I've known moms who purchased drinks onboard the ship and give them to their minor children.. thats something between you and your parents. If you cause trouble by fighting onboard, some young boys have been thrown off. I doubt girls would fist fight like that .. but do be responsible.
Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14
Old February 15th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Skype™ to TheVegasShuffle

You remind me of a girl I met a while back ago. But she was 17 and lied to me telling me she was 18. That's neither here nor there but you are going to have the time of your life. You can go to the night club and that's pretty much the main thing bad for booze if your parents are cool I'm sure you can ask them to buy you one. Carnival doesn't serve minors but they know your on vacation. If you know what I mean. As for off shore, they want your money. They don't ID. Just be safe. Do what I do and write your ship name and cabin number on your body with permanent marker. If you can't tell I like to party and I'm a cruise vet.