Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile need advice please!! :)

Hey everyone,
I'm going on a RCI cruise at the end of the year and am so incredibly excited! I have done 5 previous cruises but I was a lot younger and only went to the kids club once. I'm 17 now and need advice on how to make friends on the cruise?! I don't know anybody else going and my brother will be in the younger age group! I am normally quite shy but have been telling myself that I will be outgoing and fun on the cruise! I would love to have a cute romance with a guy! Is this possible? It is a 2 week cruise so it is longer than most! What do teens usually do on the cruise and how can I make it the best time ever? Do many teens hook up and what's the club like, and what time is it open until?
Thanks heaps!
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Familiar Face

Hey! I'm a 16 y/o girl and I just went on a cruise in late March! I have been on 4 cruises, 2 as a kid, and 2 as a teen. I have always gone to the youth program/ teen club! Cruise romances are very possible, especially on a 2 week cruise (you're so lucky!). My biggest pieces of advice: Go to the teen club the FIRST NIGHT for the first event (usually a "meet and greet" type of thing around 8:00) and be friendly and outgoing, remember that even if you are shy back home, no one knows that, so just turn to the person next to you and say hi and introduce yourself! No one knows anyone else either, so you're all in the same boat (literally haha!)!

I have TONS of info and am totally willing to answer any more questions about cruising as a teen, so feel free to email me at pittgirl87@hotmail.com

Monarch OTS 2/17/12

Upcoming Cruises:

Norwegian Dawn 3/24/13
Old August 12th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks so much! I was just wondering what the clubs are like and do you just go the first few days/nights to make friends and then hang out yourselves, or do you spend a lot of the trip in the club?
Old August 19th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Familiar Face

Hey babe,

I've been on two cruises on RCI - the first time I was 13 and went with a friend (although we did make new friends) but I went in January this year when I was 16 and made so so many amazing friends, a few of them I still speak to now 7 months later! I definitely agree in terms of going to the meet and greet on the first night - it's so awkward at first but as soon as someone introduces themselves things get moving, and I'd suggest doing the first few activities just to keep getting to know the other teens, and you'll soon figure out who you're going to hang out with for the next two weeks.

I ended up having a pretty big group of people from about 14-17, so we just hung out a lot of the time, but we did spend a lot of time in the teen club even if we weren't participating in the programs. We did do some things like trivia and obviously prom (which was so hilarious).. the activities and dances are pretty much what you make them: so if you're with fun people you'll all have a good time.

Now, with boys: I actually had two little romances hahah. It was a New Years cruise so on NYE I hooked up with one guy and we kind of "stayed together" for about a week and then we got a little bored and I got with another guy (I'm not a slut but hey..when in the ocean) who I actually liked, but obviously that didn't work out after the cruise.. haha. But it did make for a fun time and in our group, there were lots of little "couples" so it was cute.

Hope you have an amazing time!

Liora xx
Old August 19th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Ahh thanks so much! Sounds great! The one I'm going on is over NYE aswell! ))