Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Tipping
Register Forgot Password?

Tipping Discuss policies, guidelines and protocol for tipping on ships here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Passenger

Default Explorer Tip Policy & actual amount of tip

We are leaving on our third cruise in a few weeks on RCCL's Explorer. I have read that some cruise have automatic tipping. Is RCCL the same as before, you tip at the end. Also, I know what the suggest amount is, but what do most people actually tip? Also there are four of us in our cabin, 2 children, do we tip the same amout for them?
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2001, 06:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Explorer Tip Policy & actual amount of tip

Hi Alan,
We were just recently on board Explorer and yes you tip the last nite out, the cabin attendant will leave the envelopes for you. For the Cabin attendant and your waiter is $3.50 PP per day and the assistant waiter is $2.00PP per day. You may also want to tip the head waiter $10 or so depending on what he actually does for you, we did have a very good one on Explorer and he deserved some cash as well.

When we cruised with our kids we always tipped the same for them, in some cases they are even more work for the waiter and cabin attendant. Many go out of their way to make the cruise enjoyable for kids so they do earn their tips, the same as with us adults :-)

Have a great time on Explorer, in case you want to read my review:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_RCI/explorer5.html>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host