Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Tipping
Register Forgot Password?

Tipping Discuss policies, guidelines and protocol for tipping on ships here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2001, 05:04 PM
Admiral

Default Tipping on the Carnival Pride

Maybe too early to ask..but....does anyone know if Tips on the Pride will be automatically added to your S/S card or will it be traditional tipping? Would appreciate someone, who sails on her, letting us know upon return. Thanks!
Rick and Deb
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2001, 07:34 PM
Vicki C

Default Re: Tipping on the Carnival Pride

Rick, I will be on the Pride 2/2/02 and let you know when we return about the tips. I don't like having them put on the S&S card, but seems like too much hassle to have it removed and tip the regular way. Let you know how it goes.
Vicki
Old December 31st, 2001, 10:47 AM
Bhw

I have not heard about this as a sure thing. I thought it was being thought about and would not happen until maybe the middle to end of 2002???
We are going on the Pride in April 2002. How does this work if you think someone does not deserve the 15%? Thanks for the info.
Old January 4th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Vicki C

I understood maybe I am wrong that you could go to the Pursers Office and have the tips removed from your account and tip in the regular way. Will be on the Pride 2/2/02 and will check this out. What I am wondering is how do you know if the tips are on the sing and sail card.? Do they post it somewhere?
Vicki
Old January 8th, 2002, 09:16 PM
Admiral

My TA is sailing the industry preview on the Pride today. I will ask her as soon as she returns; Wednesday or Thursday. I used the system on the Grand Princess and it worked out fine. Our bus boy was very slow, but he had just been given additional duties and I could not blame him for inexperience. You always have the option on deleting the charge and tipping individually. With dining options, servers felt this automatic system was more fair and tried to do a good job.
Old January 10th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Vicki C

Thanks Nana, sounds like the system is working, I was just afraid our people, the ones that actually help us would not get their share. I still do not think this is a good way but will wait and see.
Vicki
Old January 10th, 2002, 11:59 PM
Admiral

Rick,
We were on the maiden voyage of the Carnival Pride on 12/30/01, and the tips are added to your sail and sign card, but easy to remove or adjust if you wish. We went to the purser's desk at an off (uncrowded) time and had them removed so that we could tip in the traditional manner. We were the only ones at our table to show up the last night with envelopes in hand. I think a lot of people really like the new system and that it's here to stay. I see both the advantanges and the disadvantages of automatic tipping. I must say, however, that I didn't feel that it affected in any way the level of service we received. It was a brand new ship (we were on the very first revenue generating cruise) and there were small things that needed to be improved, simply for lack of familiarity or rhythm, but everyone was doing a wonderful job, and always with a smile. We were very pleased with the whole experience.
jennifer
Old January 11th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Vicki C

Jennifer,
So glad you were pleased with the Pride. We will be on the Feb2nd. sailing. Really looking forward to the new ship. Think I will leave tips alone, just on more thing I don't have to worry about.
Vicki
Old January 12th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

WE ARE LEAVING APRIL 28,2002 ON THE INSPIRATION. CANT WAIT.. WE HAVE PAID OUR TIPS WITH OUR CRUISE. OUR PRICE INCLUDED TAX/ TIPS/ AND CRUISE. SO I AM HOPING THEY DONT PUT IT ON OUR SAIL AND SIGN CARD TOO. I HAVE TO CHECK THAT OUT WITH OUR TA. BUT I THINK IT WILL BE NICE NOT TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING THE ENVELOPES TOGETHER. I WILL DEFINATELY GIVE MORE IN ENVELOPE IF I THINK THE SERVICE WAS ABOVE AND BEYOND.. IT ALWAYS HAS WITH CARNIVAL. WE ARE ALWAYS TREATED LIKE ROYALTY. NEVER A COMPLAINT .. ONLY 3 1/2 MORE MONTHS.......... CHAR
Old January 14th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Thanks to all

thanks for the imput
Rick