Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Tipping
Register Forgot Password?

Tipping Discuss policies, guidelines and protocol for tipping on ships here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Tipping Question from 1st timer

As I first time cruiser (Mariner 9/19/04), I have a few questions about tipping. My husband and I are only planning on eating in the dining room probably 2-3 times. The rest of the time Chops, Windjammer, Jade, Johnny Rockets or room service. ( I don't like to dress up all the time and the formality and length of dinner, and having keep conversations going with 8 other strangers.) Do you tip at the alternative restaurants like Chops or Johnny Rockets? Do I still have to give the full amount to dining room waiter if we only go 2-3 times? What is the recommended amount?
What is the recommended amount for your room steward? Does giving your room steward money on the first day encourage him/her to give you better service? Does RCI do automatic tipping or do they give you envelopes? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2004, 11:45 PM
jrs

Default Re: Tipping Question from 1st timer

There is a tip added right away to your room, but call the pursers desk and ask them to remove it and then they will supply you with envelopes to tip as you feel is necessary.
Old January 31st, 2004, 09:09 AM
LV

Default Re: Tipping Question from 1st timer

So Royal Caribbean does prepaid automatic tipping unless you specify otherwise? Does that mean there recommended amounts for tipping will be charged to my credit card?