CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Tipping (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/tipping/)
-   -   ROOM ATTENDANT (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/tipping/320320-room-attendant.html)

Janet H September 8th, 2006 11:31 AM

ROOM ATTENDANT

Seems like a lot of people tip at the end of the cruise. Do you have the same attendent every day? I have usually tipped (at all inclusive resorts) a few dollars each day, as it was not always the same maid. I will say that when it was the same woman a few days straight, she seemed to make extra effort (towel art, extra towels/shampoo) and I think it's because she appreciated the tip. But just so I have this right, I should not tip daily, just on the last day? I'm just speaking of the person who cleans the room. I will tip others accordingly.

Donna September 8th, 2006 11:39 AM

Hi Janet,
Yes, you will have the same cabin attendant the entire cruise. The last night of the cruise they will leave envelopes in your cabin to tip the approperate staff members. There will be one in there for your cabin attendant, just leave his/her tip in the envelope and leave it in the cabin, they will find it.

You can follow the tipping guide lines and if the service was above what you'd expect, you can always leave a little extra.

Fern September 8th, 2006 08:13 PM

Hi Janet,

Here are the tipping recommendations from the RCI site:

Quote:

What are gratuity guidelines for cruises?
So that you can thank those who have made your cruise vacation better than you could have imagined, we've developed these gratuity guidelines:
Suite attendant: $5.75 USD a day per guest
Stateroom attendant: $3.50 USD a day per guest
Dining Room Waiter: $3.50 USD a day per guest
Assistant Waiter: $2.00 USD a day per guest
Headwaiter: $.75 USD a day per guest
Note: These gratuities apply to guests of all ages.
Gratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served.

Envelopes for gratuities will be provided in your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Gratuities may be paid in the following ways:
Pre paid by having them added to your reservation by your booking agent.
Added to your onboard SeaPass account.
Paid in cash at the end of the cruise
As Donna said, you'll have the same cabin attendant throughout your cruise. Unless the service is really bad we always add to our cabin attendant's tip.

Hi Donna,

Does RCI not do the "$10.00 pp per day", like the other cruise lines? Their "recommendations" add up to $9.75 pp per day. Just curious...

lougee1043 September 11th, 2006 01:30 PM

some cruiselines like hal are now adding 10.00 per day pp to your room account bill and this money is divided among the various service personnel- if you would like you can tip extra directly to the person of your choice