Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Tipping
Register Forgot Password?

Tipping Discuss policies, guidelines and protocol for tipping on ships here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Beginner

Default Who to tip? Not, how much

First time cruiser here. Will be on the Carnival Conquest first of July. We will be using the standard " $10 per day per person " thing. But my question is....who is covered under this $ 10 per person per day thing and who are the others that I should tip? Let's just say that everyone went over and beyond with wonderful perfect service and I want to tip, who all should I tip other than the $ 10 thing? Not looking for how much to tip, but who to tip.

Dining Service
Stateroom Service
Porters
Maitre d'
Bardenter
Room Service
ect., ect, ect,

(Is the Stateroom Service person, the same person who cleans the rooms?...if they are seperate people, do I tip both?)
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Red,
You should tip the person who brings any room service if you should order any. Usually just a few dollars depending on how much your ordered.

When you go on shore excursions, its always nice to tip the guide if they were helpful and made the excursion enjoyable, sometimes the guy that drives the bus. He or she may also be a guide and narriate along the way.

Don't forget the porters at the pier when you hand them your checked luggage.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:48 PM
First Mate

The maitre`di seems to be one that is up in the air for a lot of cruisers and is not covered in the daily tip guidelines. We generally don't tip him unless we see him at our table throughout the cruise or if he accomodated a special menu/seating request.