CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Tipping (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/tipping/)
-   -   Auto Tip When are we charged? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/tipping/336428-auto-tip-when-we-charged.html)

Kellyd13 July 17th, 2007 12:50 AM

Auto Tip When are we charged?

Hi,
Was wondering when my credit card is charged for the auto tip? I really like this idea. I hated the envelopes. I like that it is one less thing to think about at the end of the cruise.
Kelly

CA Cruiser July 17th, 2007 07:23 AM

Your "passenger's folio (account)" is charged $10 each day for your tips and any charges thru out the day; drinks, pictures, bingo, etc. At the end of the cruise you will get an itemized list of all charges before you leave and your credit card is charged the last day after debarkation.

bizkilla July 25th, 2007 12:57 PM

Please dont tell me thats the case :(

My itemized statement did not include gratuity and I am wondering if I may have stiffed my servers and attendants. I remember signing something when I boarded and I thought I gave the okay to tip but now I am not sure.

cruisefascination July 26th, 2007 11:56 PM

Tipping

I remember I asked to pay all tips at the biginning of my trip on RC. This was good because I was not worried at all later about tipping after. But my brother sailed not to long ago, with another cruise line and they automatically charged him the tips.

He was a little confused by this but he got over it and soon gave the room attendant more $ for her wonderful job.

So, you might wanna check your bill again to make sure...

ready2board September 11th, 2007 03:51 PM

On RCI....You can prepay them before your trip through your TA or do it at the customer service desk when you get on board. We did it once we were on board at the service desk...Very easy.

Either way, on the afternoon of your last full day, they'll put vouchers under your door. They are about the size of a check each and state clearly on them which person they go to (head waiter, room steward etc.). You just put them in the envelopes provided and hand them to each person. You can put extra cash in them if you like (which is a nice touch).

Don't worry, they make it very easy and clear about the tipping process once you are on board.

rinker250 February 8th, 2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA Cruiser
Your "passenger's folio (account)" is charged $10 each day for your tips and any charges thru out the day; drinks, pictures, bingo, etc. At the end of the cruise you will get an itemized list of all charges before you leave and your credit card is charged the last day after debarkation.

Actually, there is a hold placed on your card when you check in. The amount is usually 60.00 per person per day.
If you stay under this amount the balance will be credited back to your credit card.
If you approach the hold amount in the middle of the cruise, the ship will get additional authorization from your cc company.
Your card is charged before you set foot on board.