CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   Sunbathing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/294812-sunbathing.html)

Bird of Paradise January 6th, 2001 02:30 AM

Sunbathing

My biggest gripe is cruising the tropics and coming back with tan lines.
When are ships going to open up a deck for Nude Sunbathing? I should
at least look like I visited "Paradise".

Donna January 6th, 2001 06:43 PM

RE: Sunbathing

Bird of Paradise wrote:
>
> My biggest gripe is cruising the tropics and coming back with
> tan lines.
> When are ships going to open up a deck for Nude Sunbathing? I
> should
> at least look like I visited "Paradise".

Hi Paradise,
Not sure if the rest of us people in the States are quite ready for that. There are topless decks on CArnival ships, if that will help you out and of course in the Caribbean there are some beaches you can bath nude if you want?? I do know what you mean by the tan lines, but what can U do.

Happy Cruising!

Donnassei

chefgarden January 15th, 2001 06:49 PM

Re: Sunbathing

Tan lines....buy a skimper suit so they are minimal.Anyone who would see the tan lines ,should have been on the cruise with you...and maybe even paid for it!! ..if not then...hey...what's the problem!
On a more serious note, I have psoriasis and nude sunning truly helps the problem...I spend major $$ going to hospitals for UVB treatments....and I receive information on nude beaches (from the NPF)..... I have been there, done it. I also have cruised..and I really don't want to see people naked on the ship....unless it is a naked cruise...(then I won't be there)...but I believe they are around, so perhaps that is the cruise you should next book! Good luck.....

Wendy January 22nd, 2001 11:23 PM

I know what you mean about tan lines... The first cruise we went on I bought a beautiful spaghetti-strapped gown. The first day on the ship I ended up with awful tan lines that really looked tacky in the pictures we had taken on formal night. Nude sun-bathing (not for me ....), but would definitely bring a tube top next time.

PS ..there was a topless deck on the Carnival Sensation for those daring enough.

addicted2cruising January 23rd, 2001 03:55 PM

As mentioned by others in this thread, all of the Carnival Ships have a topless sunbathing deck. According to one Royal Caribbean post I've seen, their Voyager Class ships (currently Voyager and Explorer) actually have a nude sunbathing deck. It will be interesting to see if Carnival will attempt to bounce back by changing all of their topless deck's to nude deck's, inquiry minds want to know??? We can only hope.......

Bird of Paradise January 23rd, 2001 10:32 PM

Thank you Addicted2cruising! I'll look into Explorer and Voyager. Maybe I'll go on
a cruise after all.

Sara January 24th, 2001 11:05 AM

Two Words "Private Balcony".

Also, I've seen an occasional post that many people enjoy nude sunbathing on Carnival's Topless deck without any problems. I have not tried this first hand, but I've seen many posts from different people who say they have.

Good luck, and let me know how you work it out?

addicted2cruising January 25th, 2001 10:11 AM

We've heard the same thing that you can go nude on the topless deck's without any problems. I guess that most people that are up there won't mind the difference between topless and nude.

plumberv February 4th, 2001 12:13 PM

if you hurry you might get a good deal on the carnival jubilee sailing feb15 if im not mistaken the whole cruise is clothing optional.check out the meet on board section on the cruisemates site.ther is at least one couple registerd there.or you can cruise the royal clipper july28 thru aug4 also a nude cruisemore info on both can be found at an interesting web site www.bare-necessities.com.

Donna February 4th, 2001 05:21 PM

Hey Plumberv,
Are U going on one of those cruises?

Donnassei

Casey February 7th, 2001 04:13 AM

wow a nude cruise...are the waiters nude too?
just wondering

addicted2cruising February 7th, 2001 09:54 AM

We don't know from first hand experience, but we've had some friends that have gone on those cruises.

No, the waiters, or any of the rest of the ship's crew goes nude, only passengers.

In fact, as far as the Dinning room goes, it is poper etiquette to dress for Dinner even on nude cruises. That is the only place (I think) that people are suppose to dress for.

plumberv February 7th, 2001 08:38 PM

No ,sorry to say im not going on that cruise, This year.But it sure sounds like fun! we will be leaving on the victory when the jubilee cums back.Talking about it next year though, Untill then i guess its the spa deck for us!!!!!!

plumber February 7th, 2001 08:50 PM

Hey Donna, How about you,Kuki,and the rest of the Cruisemates staff hurry and pack your bags(very lightly)and go on this cruise so you can give the rest of us a real inside honest review of this cruise before we book next year!! Im sure Im not the ONLY ONE who wants to know the "real scoop"on a nude cruise! Lets go cruisemates!!!!!!!!!!

Donna February 7th, 2001 09:01 PM

Hi Plumberv,
I honestly don't think the rest of the world would be ready for that kind of CM cruise, but thanks for the thought :-)

DOnnassei

rsawick February 9th, 2001 09:33 PM

Jeez, I'd never go snorkeling for fear that some sea dweller might just take the bait!

Donna February 11th, 2001 04:16 PM

Hi Rsawick,
Nope, sure wouldn't want to tangle with this:

http://animatedgif.net/animals/water...s/Ani01_e0.gif

Donnassei :-)

Bird of Paradise February 12th, 2001 12:18 AM

I have found the cruise. Check this address out:
www.bare-necessities.com

Bob from PA February 13th, 2001 12:37 AM

Gee, sorry..can't make it...but send pictures!

Bob from PA

kjohn8 April 29th, 2001 01:33 PM

Just FYI:

I worked for RCI for four years, and I have a little secret for all of you...

There is no international law against topless sunbathing. Period. Deck or no deck, if you decide to sunbathe topless on an RCI ship, no one is supposed to bother you. I worked with the kids' program there, and we had to stop taking the kids across the top deck because every so often (rarely, but often enough to be a concern to certain parents) we would pass by some topless lady and have to deal with all these kids oohing and aahing over the "naked woman". Not fun, so we spoke to the Hotel Director about what we could do and found out...nothing.

So the next time you're on RCI and feel like whipping off the top (not the bottom, bottomless sunbathing is a violation of USPH rules), go ahead and do it.

susie July 15th, 2001 06:29 PM

Can you sunbathe topless on your own balcony - or is this frowned upon. We're booked on Mercury?

sun72143 July 28th, 2001 06:15 PM

I was wondering where they put the cufflinks on formal nights. LOL. :)

Robie July 30th, 2001 12:30 PM

Of course, you can sunbath nude on your balconey. Hope, your balcony is secluded.