Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2001, 01:58 PM
HannaS77

Default Recommended Reading For traveler

Recommended Reading For Travelers

judgetad@aol.com. The judge is Thomas A. Dickerson who writes on a number of legal subjects including travel law. The suggested articles should be readable to those who are not lawyers. Some of his articles on the Internet are:
Cruise Ship Passenger's Rights & Remedies
Travel Abroad, Sue At Home
Taking Your Travel Agent To Court
Tour Operators and Air Carriers: Modern Theory of Liability
Should Coupons and Credits Be Used To Settle Travel Class Actions ?
These are but a few of the articles that should be valuable to travelers. You can reach the judge on the Internet via:
judgetad@aol.com or http://members.aol. com/judgetad/index.html
or http://www.courts.state.ny/ustandv/tcr.html
or www.members.aol.om/travellaw/index.hmtl

Another worthwhile source of information is : Trouble-Free Travel- What to Do When Things Go Wrong by Colwell & Shulman, Nolo Press, 950 Parker Street, Berkeley, Ca. 94710, Tel: 1-800-992-6656 The book is also available in many book stores. Be sure to ask for latest edition.

For those who like to write, Nolo Press puts out an informative book "The Copyright Handbook" by Fishman. You can obtain a great deal of information free by writing to the U.S.Copyright Office, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. 20559 or www.loc.gov/copyright

A book I consider to be my Bible on cruise ships is: Berlitz Compete Guide to cruising & Cruise Ships 2001, by Douglas Ward, published by Berlitz Publishing Co., 400 Alexander Park, Princeton, N.J. 08540. The revised and up-dated edition is published annually and is available in many book stores. It "ain't cheap but well worth the money.
Hermann Paul
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2001, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Recommended Reading For traveler

Hanna,
While your posts are sometimes informative. I finally have to say, I've never seen anyone who looks out so much for the problems in cruising. I think the incidents in travel, compared to the numbers of people travelling don't warrant such a cautious approach.
Everything we do in our lives comes with risks. To devote so much energy to try and cover all the possiblities of what MIGHT go wrong, must be very draining.

Regards,
Kuki
Old August 5th, 2001, 11:04 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jennifer

Thank you, Kuki, for saying in such a gentle and non-threatening way what I have thought ever since I've been reading Hanna's posts. God gave me the gift of directness, not always the most political way of approaching a situation, and for that very reason I had refrained from commenting on Hanna's posts. I, for one, am an eternal optimist, and I simply don't have time or energy to waste anticipating all the bad things that might befall me. Am I cautious, a careful planner, using my common sense? Yes, of course. But beyond that, look out, because I'm here to enjoy!! Hanna, here's to your enjoyment as well!
Jennifer
Old August 6th, 2001, 06:25 PM
Robocop

Gee, quite frankly I never go on a cruise with the idea that I may want to begin litigation against anyone! I would suggest that you would better spend your time reading those books that we show in our "Recommended Books" area. Many of these books are even written by members of our knowledgable staff!
Jim
Community Staff Leader
Old August 9th, 2001, 11:52 AM
First Mate

Kuki:

Did you ever think of becoming a diplomat? They sure could use you in the Middle East!
Old August 29th, 2001, 09:18 PM
Chyna_C

WTG Kuki!!!