Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2001, 02:01 PM
Robie

Default Cruise survey forms

Do you think that anyone really reads or pays attention to what people say on those forms?
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2001, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruise survey forms

YES, I have proof. We cruised during the Millennium's inaugural season. As a contributor on these boards, I am sure you have read many posting about the "troubles" she had initially while sailing in Europe. I tried to keep an open mind, but just had to communicate some positive views on our comment card and some constructive criticism as well. I received a personal letter from Richard Sasso, president. I also received a followup survey at home. Also, I know hair dryers in cabins were mentioned many years ago as an additional amenity in cabins, and today's new ships all seem to have them. The same with in-room safes. Have you ever stood in line at the Pursur's deck to get your jewelry or camera? I am glad they listen.
Bon voyage
Old August 7th, 2001, 05:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Robie,
Yep, I think someone does read them, we do take the time out to fill them out and drop in the box, have noticed some changes that I'm sure are because they listened to what cruisers were saying, so keep filling those out :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 9th, 2001, 07:16 AM
Robie

On my last cruise,many things went wrong. I did fill out the form. I also spoke to guest relations and wrote to Celebrity. It's been a month and so far, no response. IF they do read the forms and letters, I don't think that they care. My spouse says that perhaps I can wake them up if I cut my Captain's club card in two and send it to Celebrity.
Old August 9th, 2001, 10:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

I filled out a comment card after a cruise on which a number of things went wrong. Our friends on the same cruise did the same. They couldn't wait to blast away at any and all who would listen. I just am not natured that way. These problems were not done intentionally nor were they personally aimed at me. Stuff happens. So I wrote and told the truth in kinder, gentler terms. I got a letter of thanks for my time and a refund for the glitch on an excursion we were bumped from. My friends never heard a word from the cruise line. The response from the cruiseline to me, took almost six months. So don't give up hope. You may still hear something.
Old August 9th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

When u contact the cruise line, if your letter is in such a tone that you're telling them you'll never cruise their cruise line again, you're likely not to hear from them.

If they assume they've lost you as a customer already, not much use offering any form of response or compensation.
Try keeping an even keel, and stating clearly what compensation you expect to remedy the situation.
Regards,
Kuki
Old August 12th, 2001, 11:34 PM
Robocop

Robie,
You better believe they read each and every one of them and they take them VERY serious! There are many discussions based on what these reports say
Jim
Old August 19th, 2001, 11:10 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to HelenRose

I don't know if the main headquarters read them, but I know for a fact the ship personel do. I received a letter from the Captain himself from the Norwegian Wind.

Helenrose
Old August 19th, 2001, 02:22 PM
JimG

IMO If they're positive they get forwarded to shore
If they need minor onboard fixable things, they'll get forwarded after the repair.
If a major dig at an officer or cruise staff, they'll just vanish.
If even a minor dig at hotel or bar/resteraunt crew, that person will suffer, repeated digs and they're gone.
If a general complaint about the cruise experience, they'll just vanish.
Old August 19th, 2001, 07:56 PM
Monique

I sailed on Carnival's Sensation July 8,2001 and was not satisfied with the cleanliness of our bathroom. I made comments about it in the survey and also wrote a letter to their president. I included pictures of the black mildew in the corners of the shower stall, on the shower wall, and on the sink behind the faucet. That was about 4 weeks ago and I not received any kind of response. It seems as thought I should've been contacted as soon as possible considering I had pictures,with the date printed on them, proving my complaint.
Old August 20th, 2001, 12:38 AM
Rob H

I filled out one this week on Celebrity's Infinity and got a phone call from the Guest Relations two days later thanking me, going over the items and indicating it would be sent to the head office.
I did start off by indicating these were suggestions to consider and overall we were pleased with staff and ship.
Old August 21st, 2001, 09:07 PM
Monique

Well I received a letter from Carnival today ! Just 2 days after complaining about not hearing from them. I got a standard,"form letter" style letter, apologizing for my experience and offering a 10% discount on a future cruise.
Old August 22nd, 2001, 08:42 PM
A.S. Ayrton

I would like to think so.
Old August 28th, 2001, 12:55 PM
cruzdiva

I know they read them. My grandson reads them, that's his job. Very often people will criticise or praise but not sign their name. Those comments aren't counted. The comments are read and forwarded to the ship the day the ship arrives. What arrives at the Port of Miami or Port Everglades is easy to do that day. Ships coming into other ports take longer since these are processed in Miami. He works for RCI/Celebrity.

Carole
Old August 28th, 2001, 11:40 PM
cruisin'dj

the feedback cards also serve a function besides letting the parent company know about problems, they effect the income of the your waiter, busboy and room steward, and here's how:
on the cruise card, you fill out a numeric rating of 1 through 5 for your waitstaff and room steward. it's the "fill in the circle" type deal, like your old s.a.t. tests. this rating directly translates into a quantifyable numeric rating for the employee.
now, say alfredo and yuri were your waiter and busboy, and they were out of this world , and everyone in their section gave them a "5".at the end of the cruise, when the numbers are added up and examined by the hotel staff, it is obvious alferdo and yuri have made their customers happy. when the maitre'd's meet to plan the next weeks cruise, alfredo and yuri may be assigned 3 tables of 8 people, meaning at the end of that week, 16 people will be tipping him. the other, less well rated waiters may get asssigned 3 tables of 6, or 2 tables of 8, which directly translates into less tip income.
on past cruises,royal carribbean waiters have begged and cajoled for a good rating, because they know it is important to thier income.
also, upper management does notice the ratings. a recent article in "cruise news quarterly" directly reffered to a rather bad run of comment cards on a royal carribbean ship that had an unusally high number of new crewman, and the fact the ceo was concerned.so, fill out those cards, gang.
remember, when you write any letter or comment,try to be factual and not emotional . people doing buisness tend to listen to things that are presented in a buisness like manner.and if you want a response, ask for one.

bon voyage.
Old October 1st, 2001, 01:57 AM
cabinboy

You better believe it!!!!

Cant comment for some cruise lines, but the one I work for takes them very seriously. All department heads live and die based on the scores from these cards and sometimes people get fired because of them.
Old October 22nd, 2001, 11:01 AM
theo

Thanks, appreciate your advice. I posted a message on the chit-chat board (not knowing there was a gripe board). I will try to calm down before I contact customer relations. I will (I swear) try to be positive, and there were some things on the cruise to be positive about. Reading this board, it would appear that the cruise lines have many problems and are not as responsive as they should be.