Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2001, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Default Singing waiters on Carnival

Someone on the thread below brought up the singing waiters on Carnival. I personally do not like them , but it has not detered a great time on two Carnival cruises.A bad rendition of O Solo Mio should not be a reason for having a bad time or a bad meal.
However I think it causes several service problems 1) causes an
awkward break at the end of a meal when some people are finishing main course and others are on desert and coffee.There is a 5 to 10 minute gap when no one in the dining room can get service.2)
causes just enough delay at first seating to cause that cattle car backup in the lobby. Eliminate the singing and you have 5-10 minutes of additional cleanup time. 3) causes me to gulp my tea and dessert so I can get a seat at the show.
What do others think?
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2001, 08:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Singing waiters on Carnival

Hi Bill,
As corney as the singing waiters are, I kind of like them, but for the reasons you stated, I could do without. I'm very easy to please and its good to hear that even though you don't care for it, you will still cruise!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old October 10th, 2001, 08:25 PM
gogetter

Hello,

Well thanks for the comments...'someone'....i am so happy to be a someone...lol...lol....

Anyways, i too do not let it bother me, i just leave...no problem... I was just trying to go with your topic of being specific when griping about something.and it gets all distorted...oh well....
Old October 10th, 2001, 09:06 PM
SuzieQ

My first cruise was on Carnival and I had no idea that a big "show" was put on in the dining room. So, the first time was fun. By cruise number 4 (on another line) I too was doing "coffee shots" to quickly depart and get a seat for the main show...but my mother thinks it's great and likes to clap along...so I sat back down and faked it.

I did just think of a gripe!

I hate it when I want to eat fast and get to the show, but your table mates eat slowly, arrive late, or can't decide and it slows down the whole process because the waiter tries to serve you all at the same time so you have to sit and wait.

This past trip, we had a table for 2 and it was heaven!
Old October 11th, 2001, 11:51 PM
Admiral

We enjoyed the singing waiters. It didn't seem to last too long to bother the service at our table. We just took it in stride!
Old October 13th, 2001, 01:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

We always enjoyed it too. Been known to even get up & Macarena with them.
Old October 17th, 2001, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Gezzzz.... you are on a cruise to relax. I like singing waiters and do not think a POSSIBLE delay of 5-10 minutes is worth worrying about
Semper Fi