Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 3rd, 2001, 05:19 PM
Alice

Default frustration

This is not a gripe but more of a frustration. My husband and I planned our 50th wedding anniversary cruise for about two years. Bob wanted a repositioning cruise coming to the U.S. We booked with Celebrity. Oh, the excitement, after 30+ cruises our first balcony, etc. Then came 11/9. We worried and worried. Our kids begged and begged. cancel....everyday news that the U.S was going to fight back...but how? So, We cancelled. We were told we would get a credit...good. Our T.A. talked us into working with American Express and try to get a refund. Now, we sit in limbo. We are told our credit may come thru in a few weeks( it has been almost two months since we cancelled). We are told A. E. will let us know something in 6 to 8 weeks. We really can't wait 50 more years to celebrate...we know we are SO fortunate to even be here but, all these good cruise offers and we have spent nearly $6000.00 and here we sit. As I said, we are frustrated.
Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2001, 05:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: frustration

I am so sorry. What date was your cruise scheduled for?
Old November 3rd, 2001, 05:39 PM
alice

Rick, Thank you. Our cruise was the Galaxy, Sept. 30th. A very bad time to leave our country and be on the open sea...otherwise, we would have been there with bells on.
Old November 3rd, 2001, 05:39 PM
alice

Rick, Thank you. Our cruise was the Galaxy, Sept. 30th. A very bad time to leave our country and be on the open sea...otherwise, we would have been there with bells on.
Old November 3rd, 2001, 06:48 PM
HannaS77

While I can understand your concern, I have to ask you:

Did you notify the cruise line of the need to cancel in accoprdance with the cancellation penalty periods in the passenger ticket ?

Just why did you cancel. ?

Did you buy travel insurance that would treimburse you for the fares if you cover had a covered reason for canceling .?
If you had insurance, who was the insurer.

I recall reading somewhere after September II WTC destruction that some cruise lines would not refund the fares unless there was no air travel available or they had a cut off date for accepting cancellations and refunding.
Hanna S77
Old November 4th, 2001, 02:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well if American Express does refund will you be sailing again, if so then go. You don't have to be on a cruise on the actual date of your anniversary to celebrate! Go cruise, have a great time, enjoy yourself.

It can and usually does take at least 2 Billing Cycles for credit card companies to apply a credit/refund. Call them, see it it has been processed yet, see if they have your paperwork, etc.
Old November 4th, 2001, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Alice,
Yes, sometimes it takes a billing cycle or 2 for it to show up. I have a card I can check on-line and see the charges way before I actually get the bill in the mail.
You may want to call and check if your credit has shown up yet and see it you can check on-line, hope it all works out for you.

Happy Anniversary!

Donna
Tuesday Chat HOst