CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   topless (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/294906-topless.html)

Pat Reethem December 12th, 2001 08:16 PM

topless

I think that in the year 2001 women should have the right to go topless

Winner December 13th, 2001 01:05 PM

Re: topless

Since 2001 is almost over, be my guest. But don't suggest it for 2002!

jenni December 13th, 2001 01:47 PM

I don't see how this has to do with cruise gripes, but I like the idea. Down with the double standard, if women can't go topless either should men with a gut that hangs over their pants, men at least want to see topless women, but most women don't want to get a eyeful of belly.

Rick December 13th, 2001 04:09 PM

As long as the lady is trim, fit, and very attractive.....I see no prob with her going topless. Of course I dont want my wife to do it <G>
Semper Fi
Rick

michelle December 17th, 2001 12:49 PM

Carnival has topless decks on their ships. It is not all young fit women in their 20's. Many more guys on the deck watching then women actually participating.

TONY December 21st, 2001 05:12 PM

I was just on the Carnival Victory and they have a topless deck...Naturally I and my girlfriend went up out of curiosity. All the while we were there, there was only my girlfriend and one other girl that took their tops off.

Rick December 22nd, 2001 01:23 AM

I find this subject disgusting. I feel women should keep their bodies covered!
Rick

Tony & MariLynne December 22nd, 2001 09:59 AM

First, I would like to say that you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. My girlfriend went topless only once and only to "do as the natives do". She usually keeps covered. It was in an adult only area where no one was forced to be and as a matter of fact, I'm sure that a few of the guys that took a quick check of the deck were happy that she and the one other much younger girl were brave enough to do it otherwise they would have been disappointed. Me, I am secure enough in our relationship that I don't worry about her baring her breasts in a suntanning setting. In fact, I am proud that she had the balls to do it. It happens all the time all over the world. Her opinion is that her boobs are just a part of anatomy and it is our own prudish attitude and sense of shame that covers them. She points out what is the difference with a man going without a shirt? A tit is a tit is a tit, male or female. Some obese men have boobs almost as big as hers (sorry dear for the small size comment). I am sure that most women would try it if 1. they were secure in their own mind, and 2. if they didn't fear repercussions from their insecure mate.
Ladies out there, please chime in...lets start an interesting discussion thread.

Charley December 23rd, 2001 12:27 AM

Rick: Why the change of mind? Your comments on the 13th indicated as long as it wasn't your wife and a woman is eye appealing, it was okay with you. Now its disgusting...

Rick December 23rd, 2001 03:10 AM

So let me see if I have this right........you enjoy other men "eye balling" your wifes breasts........your wife has "balls".......if a woman bares her breasts in public she is "brave"..."A tit is a tit is a tit, male or female" and you beleive most women want to bare their breasts in public but dont because it may upset their mate?????? that about sum it up??? LOL

Rick December 23rd, 2001 03:23 AM

Charley........I have "seen the light" and am trying to correct my former wicked ways. I have been a sinner all my life but now I have changed. Up until the 13th, as you so wisely point out, I would have looked if a woman bared her breasts, but now I have the inner power not to look even if I have to tightly close my eyes. To all men I say......you too can have this power.....willpower.....if a woman bares her breasts in your presence, just close your eyes and repeat over and over I WILL NOT LOOK and get away from the offender as quickly as possible ( I do suggest you open you eyes as you run away in order to avoid injury).

Tony & MariLynne December 23rd, 2001 10:03 AM

I didn't say I enjoyed guys eyeballing her breasts, I meant that it is just not a big deal. As far as women bearing their breasts I was talking about beach/tanning scenarios. I don't think it applies to a day at the office! FYI here in NY any beach authority is prohibited from preventing a woman from removing her bathing suit top.

Rick December 23rd, 2001 11:58 AM

I will not debate this with you. It is a subject that should not be discussed in public! If your wife bares her breasts again and you see one of the men eye balling her has his eyes tightly closed, then its a good chance that man will be me! I will not "beat my chest" about this subject anymore. I have spoken my final word on public mammary glands exposure!

Robocop December 23rd, 2001 02:35 PM

Rick,
Stimulating conversation is one thing, baiting and stirring the pot is another. Cut it out, okay? Everyone, Rick is baiting you, plain and simple.
Jim

Knows when Rick is posting tongue in cheek

Rick December 23rd, 2001 07:15 PM

lol.....as always ...busted again by Jim <G>
Semper Fidelis
Rick

PS...would you look or close your eyes? lol

Robocop December 23rd, 2001 07:29 PM

I'd look if in front of me, but would get up or walk a foot to view. No more interesting than looking at thier face. Just been around too long, seen too much, respect women too much, and love the wife too much.
Jim

Jenn December 26th, 2001 08:08 AM

I think Rick should try buying a nice cave in Afghanistan, it sounds more to his pace, lol.

Rick December 26th, 2001 05:52 PM

OUCH!!!!!!!!! lol :)
OKAY!!!!!! I will look if It ever happens in my presence lol
Rick

Rick December 26th, 2001 05:58 PM

Jim states "No more interesting than looking at thier face."... Brother, I am concerned for you <G>. Seriously , I agree with your post and feel the same way....As you know :), I kid aorund some in my posts BUT Deb is my life and is all I need or want in life. Sounds like we are both very lucky to have wonderful wives.
Semper Fi
Rick

Donna December 26th, 2001 07:58 PM

Hi Rick,
Nice to know you can also take it when dishing it out :-)
http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery.../thumb1780.gif
Donna
Tuesday Chat Host

Jim Munkittrick December 28th, 2001 09:21 PM

What is this post all about..I have my eyes closed??????

MIKE January 3rd, 2002 09:26 PM

My wife would beat me up if I ever peeked! I'm a green eyed monster when it comes to my wife. Besides you've seen one, you seen them all. LOL

Marnie January 4th, 2002 12:18 PM

Oh please, men always look directly at a woman's breasts even when she has clothes on. I say flash them already and be done with it. I've gone topless a couple of times, you can always tell whose never seen a topless beach, they look like they're up to no good. Who cares?

Personnally, I think clothing can be a bad thing. It allows people to get out of shape because they can just cover it up.

It's good to know that the Carnival Victory has a topless deck. My boyfriend will be thrilled. He'll be on that treadmill real fast.

8 days and a wake up. WOO! HOO!

Thomas January 5th, 2002 11:28 AM

Oh for crying out loud! Who cares? Boobs have no special appeal once you've seen your wife's. Now what I would really like to see is a woman with only one boob.

Regards........Thomas

rita January 5th, 2002 02:47 PM

Oh give me a break... How are we supposed to get respect if we go around leaving nothing to the imagination. And yes, I look good topless but the only eyes that will see me is my husband.

Gene January 7th, 2002 05:23 PM

If a woman had only one boob, it would be called a husbanc

Boomer January 13th, 2002 10:54 AM

ahem....it's legal for women to go "topless" in New York State. It's a very quiet law passed several years ago as a result of a protest by several not so good looking women who thought they should be able to bare their breasts on a public beach as men are able to do. Not sure of the exact areas they are allowed. So far, I have never seem any topless on any beach in NY. After the law was passed, one woman did run into the Post Office in Canadaigua to retrieve her mail. Big news in a small toen of Canandaigua, NY

Lee January 19th, 2002 06:41 AM

I think many of you are missing the point. The ladies that sun topless, do so for their own enjoyment and perhaps to limit the tan lines. I don't think any of them would be impressed by narrow minded lurkers that see the tanning environment as anything else!

Rick January 21st, 2002 11:54 PM

yea right lol

Marnie January 22nd, 2002 12:33 PM

What was really amazing is how many men go topless that shouldn't. Yikes!!! There should be a special deck for them.