Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2002, 10:59 PM
Admiral

Default Thongs, Bikinis and Speedos

Does it bother you so see people of unusually abundant shapes wearing them? Personally, I don't really care.
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2002, 12:05 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Thongs, Bikinis and Speedos

it bothers me that when I wear things like that..people stare at me
Old February 4th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Not my place to be bothered by it. I think it adds to one of lifes more fun activities.people watching. What I would wear is one thing, what other people wear is their business. It all just adds to the daily show that is life.
It does remind me of a humorous comment made by a favorate travel companion. As we observed several young women walking by in thong bikinis(in this case women with figures that complemented their attire) our friend observed, "look,it's the Keester Parade".
Wear what you please, don't let these things bother you, you're on vacation.
Old February 4th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

My experience is that most of the people wearing them - shouldn't. But to each his/her own. We're on the Golden in 2 weeks with our 8 yo son - now, that's going to be interesting - I'll be interested in HIS reaction. He's just learning about modesty - out of the mouths of babes...
Old February 4th, 2002, 10:31 AM
Roe-Z

Could someone please explain to me "You're on vacation"? It seems to be the excuse to do, say, act, etc anyway you want with total disregard for your conseguences. Sure, you can wear whatever you want and from what I see from other countries, they are not concerned how they look in a speedo or two peice bathing suit. To see some of those people, it is like watching someone eat with their mouth open for all to see what is being shuffled around. Sure, I can turn my heard, but it is hard to do that when it's in your face. Will it ruin my time, nope! Just makes me look better ( and I guess someone could say, "what is that fat lady doing WEARING a bathing suit!)

An attractive body will be pleasing to the eye when wearing a bikini, but for a guy...doesn't matter....a speedo is a speedo. I think a guy looks more attractive in a suite that looks like a (shorts) bathing suite. Love to guess what is inside and not see this little head poking it's eye at me.
Old February 4th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Doesn't bother me in the least what people wear by the pool. Many of them look better in their thongs and speedos than I do fully clothed (doesn't take much)

Regards,
Kuki
Old February 4th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Actually Kuki, I think you are a good looking man <G> lol
Rick
Old February 4th, 2002, 01:47 PM
cruz-b4

Rick in a banana Hammock????
Old February 4th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Admiral

I am often amazed at the Euros who "let it all hang out." Just because I wouldn't doesn't mean that they can't and won't be comfortable doing it. I've seen some MASSIVE women in tie-on bikinis. If they feel good about it, who am I to judge?

As someone else said, you don't have to look at it. Neither do you have to slow down and look at a car accident.

I have sunbathed topless around this big world (less more these days now that gravity is having its way with me), but once I am in conversation with someone the shirt goes on.

Speedos on men kind of gross me out. Who needs to know about "the package" ??? Unless it's an advertising campaign?

pamda -- sometimes prude, sometimes not
Old February 4th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Admiral

I adore those overly obese women in thongs and bikinis. I offer them another ice cream and watch it jiggle all the way down. It is rather pleasing to see all the different folds of skin on them move about when they turn over to tan the other side! Who wants to see the same taut, toned, golden, flat-stomached, perky-breasted bodies you see in all the movies and magazines. Give my eyes some individuality.

Now Speedos for men can go. I say unless you're 300 or better, bald and combing over, unshaven, have hair on your back and smoke a big cigar you should not be wearing Speedos.

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 4th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Bill,
No, doesn't bother me much, just wonder if those people wearing the things that they shouldn't have any idea how they look to others. Hey, I'm on vacation, what they want to do/wear is their business. I just wear what I'm comfortable in and hopefully looks OK :-)

Now, just trying to picture Kuki in his grass skirt, thong, with his antlers on?

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host

Old February 4th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Admiral

rut roh lol
Old February 4th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

First of all, let me say to anyone who will cruise with me, you will never see me in a thong. I just don't want to spend the entire time of my cruise trying to find the tiny thing once it has implanted itself on my person.

Now, here's a true story. Last winter I was cruising in Asia. There were two couples from Spain on the cruise, and as Euros tend to do, the men wore Speedos. The only questionable things were: 1.) the men were over 65 years of age, 2.) they hadn't seen the business end of a gym since 1950, and 3.) one of the guy's suits didn't have enough elastic. This caused numerous sightings of "Mr. Winkie". While all our menfolk didn't find this amusing, all of us ladies got quite a chuckle out of Mr. Winkie's daily appearances.
Old February 4th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Suzie

Oh gosh - I'm hysterical here! This post is so funny.
( Mr. Winkie ) reminds me of the cruise to Tahiti when we had so many sea days and I couldn't wait to set myself up at the pool to enjoy the sights- my sister had to help an old man from Germany find his speedo in the pool after he jumped in and lost it!
That's when I "lost it" !
Suzie
Old February 5th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

How about thongs on men?? When we were in Aruba, there was a tops optional area of the beach. All the men were oggling the young perky women sans tops, but when the 2 good looking men showed up in their thongs - the hubbies didn't appreciate it much. Of course, according to our husbands, they had to be gay. lol
Old February 5th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Marnie

I don't mind all the skimpy swimwear except when it comes to body hair. Women know when to shave the bikini line, men should consider how much body hair they have hanging out before choosing the swimwear. I don't mind fat hanging out; it's better than covering it up and heading for the ice cream machine. If you're fat and don't mind, who cares what others think. If you're ashamed of being fat, don't cover it up, do something about it.
Old February 5th, 2002, 09:46 PM
First Mate

i'm trying to understand why the thong exists. i understand wearing them to avoid pantylines under slacks, but why swimsuits? unless you wear thong underware all the time, i don't see the point. i guess that i'm active enough where i concentrate on comfort more than, well, getting my whole butt tan. i'd be picking at it all the time.
Old February 5th, 2002, 10:27 PM
Admiral

I'm just not thong enough to wear a thong, and their not playing my thong.
Old February 6th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Bikini top:
Thongs for the Mammaries (with apologies to Bob Hope)

Sorry - I just couldn't resist....
Old February 6th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Doug R.

This summer on a visit to the beach I horrified my newly acquired step-daughters by announcing that I was wearing my Speedo to the beach. When I emerged from the bedroom they were all ready to flee in horror when they noticed I was wearing traditional swimming trunks. They doubled over laughing when I pointed out that they were indeed manufactured by Speedo.

Doug (just a bit larger than his Air Force glory days)
Old February 6th, 2002, 04:52 PM
FloridaLvr

Oh, wow! I laughed & laughed! Never heard of it put QUITE that way!
I have to agree! A guy, no matter what, looks much better in trunks that look like shorts than in 'gross me out the door' speedos!!!
As for girls-I think 2pc suits are ugly no matter WHO is wearing them!
Are you kidding! I just want to lose enuff of this 'gut' of mine & my thunder thighs to look HALFWAY decent in a 1pc without having to wear a big ol' t-shirt over it! I don't look THAT bad, but, I have enuff common sense to know what NOT to wear!
It IS funny to watch someone who weighs 200 lbs. wear something that looks like what a 90 lb. would wear! UGH! Talk about 'gross me out the door'!
Old February 7th, 2002, 10:00 AM
Tigger

Yikes!!! I sort of avert my eyes away from those things. A little too much going on there for my old heart to take.
Old February 10th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Admiral

Nancy,

i'm trying to understand why the thong exists. i understand wearing them to avoid pantylines under slacks...

If 95% of the women in this world could see themselves in slacks, they would not wear slacks, either!

Norm.
Old February 18th, 2002, 01:26 AM
First Mate

Last year while at port in Aruba. My wife and I were at the beach and I saw this rather portly older women in a very small bikini. I could think was she had no business wearing that. About 2 min. later all I could think was. I sure wish she'd put that bikini back on.
Old February 22nd, 2002, 08:22 AM
Marnie

From everything I'm reading here, sounds like there are a lot of "birth control poster children" out there. How does our population keep growing?