Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2002, 02:58 AM
mlbcruiser

Default Drinkers in the hot tubs

Just saw some photos of the Pride. Was disappointed to see someone in the overcrowded hot tub holding what appears to be a can of beer. (Not a good idea for a few different reasons.) My apologies if he is not, though I don't think people should bring any kind of beverage into a "public" hot tub. On the Destiny the hot tubs were constantly jam packed with many drinkers. They just seemed to take over the hot tub most of the day; were rowdy & just made it unpleasant. Exactly the image Carnival seems to be trying to tone down. (Guess I'm glad the photo shows only about one or two people with drinks!) I'm not saying these people don't have a right to have a good time, but why can't they just drink when they are OUT of the hot tub? I hope they've got the chemicals right in that water! I know someone is thinking, "well, kids & people do things in pools they aren't supposed to, too." Yes, that's true. I don't agree with that, either. But at least there's a lot more water to dilute it!
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Drinkers in the hot tubs

I think Deb and I will avoid hot tubs on ship
Rick
Old February 9th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Robocop

There ARE signs right there at the tubs that state drinks and children are not permitted. "I" make it a point to direct the offenders attention to this sign and will call a staffer or security over if they refuse to abide by the established rules. It can be done nicely the first time, and you can be rather direct if need be.
Jim
Old February 10th, 2002, 02:45 AM
mlbcruiser

You know, I never even recall seeing those signs. Thanks! I thought I was going to get blasted for my gripe, but maybe I'm not the only one out there who is bothered by this after all. I think the crews walk a fine line between not upsetting passengers by letting them break the rules & on the other hand, trying to enforce them. So you are right. Sometimes things like this call for a complaint.
Old February 13th, 2002, 07:31 AM
Marnie

I just got off a cruise in January (Carnival) and I remember crew members asking guests to take their drinks away from the pools and hot tubs. And there were signs, but they weren't large. I imagine they didn't want to spoil the look of the ship with large signs, but many people don't notice them.

I don't think anyone's going to blast you for your gripe. But if anyone does, it's only because all the gripes are rather petty. It's hard to find anything bad about cruising.
Old February 27th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

No drinks in the hot tubs and pools?? Just off the Golden and one of the pool olympic games they played was to pour beer down the throat of each participant as fast as possible - of course, almost ALL of it went into the pool - not into their stomachs. Alcohol might just kill some of the other germs in the pools that we'd rather not think of. lol