Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2002, 09:50 AM
Craig

Default Too Many Gripes !

I just don't get it! Maybe it's me or I'm too new at this Cruising thing (3rd this March) but for the life of me I can't understand why so many people have so many gripes about Cruising.

Not to say there aren't valid complaints, but it just seems to me no matter what the teenagers do, how casual the dress is and who smokes and drinks in my private space this is still the best kind of vacation I have ever taken.

Regards,

Craig ...
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2002, 10:12 AM
jp garnier

Default Re: Too Many Gripes !

The gripes do become heavy, but I somewhat enjoy reading what others have in reaction to cruising situations and I try to read them as constructive criticism. It's interesting haw many posts really try to make a contribution to the cruising experience. I would be curious to know whether the powers to be in the cruise lines read any of these to get some insight in the reactions of their customers. Hopefully, complaints such as hot tubs being prempted by children, or similar, will get the attention of management rather than seeing other passengers search out a new product to spend their money on. JP
Old February 11th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Lets see......you are griping because there are too many gripes and you don't understand why..........lol......good one Craig
Rick
Old February 11th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Robocop

JP, I can assure you that in many cases employees of cruiselines, and some of these employees are well placed, do read these message boards and take many of the more constructive posts to heart. Rather like the comment cards and reports that they ask you to fill out after your cruise. The cruiselines take the satisfaction of the passenger very seriously and wish to do all they can to ensure your return. I once heard a comment from the President of one of the major cruiselines that referred to a statement made on one of our message boards almost word for word. Made me sit up and wonder if 'he' hadn't been the person to read it!
Jim
Old February 11th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Read between the lines on some of these "gripes" . Some of them are people like me with too much time on their hands having a little fun.
Old February 12th, 2002, 08:05 AM
Craig

Hey - Got to find something to Gripe about! (:-)
Old February 12th, 2002, 12:37 PM
First Mate

Rick, you are the voice of reason on this site. Thanks for pointing out all the silly mistakes and contradictions these "cruisers" make.
Old February 12th, 2002, 01:47 PM
jp garnier

Have faith, April 15 is coming on. JP
Old February 16th, 2002, 03:16 PM
Tigger

Last time I looked I was on the Cruise Gripes board???? It's always nice to have a place to vent. Cruises aren't always perfect. Normally I vent to my cat, saves my husband from having to listen. I like the Cruise Mates Message Boards. I don't have much to vent about but I've noticed my cat has been hiding more that usual. : (
Old February 16th, 2002, 03:43 PM
DonnaR

Got my suitcases out of the attic today - sail on March 3. The 4 animals that have been around a while remember what that means. The newer members of the zoo are sniffing and leaving a lot of fur on them so I remember what they look like.......
Old February 17th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Tigger

Donna, Cats or dogs or both? Our cat knows when we're taking a trip and he is thrilled. I think that he parties while we're gone. He can go anywhere and do anything in the house like play with my doll collection. As long as we buy him a few stuffed animals on our trip he's happy. It's like having little kids again, just when I thought it was safe to enjoy the empty house this cat (given to us by my daughter) has changed our lives, he is so high maintenance.
Old February 22nd, 2002, 12:04 AM
Passenger

No gripes here! I love to cruise, to me a mother of 3 and working full time it's the only way to holiday. I don't care what happens, how long I have to waite in line, I read a book or do a word search puzzle. If they ever lose my luggage (which they never have) I would be happy, good reason to buy new clothes! I remember the first cruise I had on Princess, our waiter's name was Freddie, his favorite saying was"don't worry, be happy" and it stuck to me. Happy cruising everyone!