Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan
Default Not really a cruise grip but a pre cruise hotel gr

A word of warning about booking your hotel stay at the Best Western Marina Park in Miami. I booked this hotel for our pre cruise on the Grandeur. We had a problem with our Delta flight waiting at the gate for 1-1/2 which made us miss our connecting flight in Atlanta. I called the Best Western from Atlanta to make sure our reservation was still guaranteed by my credit card, I was told yes they still had our reservation. We finally made it to Miami six hours later. We went to check in at the hotel to find that we did not have a reservation, the hotel gave away our room. The story was that maintenance did not get 10 of the rooms finished in time for release. The Best Western told us we would have to check in at their sister hotel down the street. This was very disappointing due to the fact that we were traveling with another couple that arrived earlier. Beware that you may not have a room if you check in late. The hotel down the street is a dump. I slept with my clothes on it was so dirty. If it had not been 10:30 PM by the time we were able to check in I would have told the management at the Best Western that this hotel was unacceptable. If you chose to book your hotel stay at the Best Western in Miami make sure you check in early.
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Not really a cruise grip but a pre cruise hote

I would be on the phone to AmEx or whatever credit card company you use, soonest.

A guarantee is a guarantee. I would refuse to pay for the dump.

Then I would write a strongly-worded letter to the Best Western people. Hehehe. They might give you a free week's stay at the dump.

pamda
Old February 18th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan

Thanks for the advice! Just what I need a free weeks stay at the dump. <G> I have already contacted Amex and the charges did not appear on my credit card. Good thing as I would have contested them due to the fact I did not get what I paid for. Guess the good news is we received a free night stay at the dump pre cruise.
Old February 18th, 2002, 11:33 PM
Admiral

SeaFan,
I'm really sorry to hear about your bad experience. When we got to the Marina Park on December 27th, it was a few minutes before midnight, and we didn't have any problem with our reservation, thank goodness. What we didn't have though, was a place to park the rental tank, uh, make that the rental cargo van (long story!). But there is limited parking available, and we parked on the street. What else could we do? Take the van up to our room? Seriously, though, what a terrible experience for you to have to sleep somewhere that wasn't clean. YUK!
jennifer
Old March 1st, 2002, 02:33 PM
Yeoman

On Feb.14th we flew to Miami for a cruise on the Spirit. We were bumped and arrived at The Best Western around 1am. We had reserved a suite since there were 4 of us. The room was not aavailable. I also had a guaranteed rservation.The desk clerk told us certain room types were not guaranteed. What???? I had the option of taking a room with 1 bed or paying for 2 seperate rooms.Tired we took the 2 rooms planning on disputing the charges with amex and daytime management. In the morning I called Best westerns 800 number to complain. By the time we checked out we were only charged for 1 room. I guess they "fixed" the problem but the night guard told us the hotel does this all the time. I will never stay there again.