Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Admiral

Default I Hope That Most Of The Gripes Here Are In Fun, B

If you really don't want to be around children, old people, crazy teen agers, people who drink too much, really large people, smokers, people who want to dress formally every night, people who want to always wear casual clothes, photographers, loud music or wait in long lines to fly or to get on the ship, then you might be better off taking some other kind of a vacation. You are likely to encounter most of the above on any cruise you take unless you have a private yacht.

I think variety and unusual circumstances actually add to the enjoyment of the cruise. I have never been on one I didn't enjoy and don't expect to do so. Just book your cruise, get on the ship, grab something cool or someone hot, get out in the sun on a deck chair, and FOGGETABBOTIT. Live and let live! Love and let love!
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Default Re: I Hope That Most Of The Gripes Here Are In Fu

On cruise, I have no prob with your list except small babies. But nothing I can do about it.....since their parents are more concerned about themselves than the little one.
Old February 26th, 2002, 07:55 PM
First Mate

I love to be with all types of people. Kids, seniors, rich snobs and even former US Marines. Just kidding Rick! What would life be with out a little flavor. So have a cool drink and enjoy the waves. 51 days untill the Explorer of the Seas.
Old February 26th, 2002, 11:15 PM
Admiral

I hear ya Mike ...58 days till we will be on the Pride......WoooooHoooooooo HooooooRAH
Old February 27th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Marnie

I think many of the postings on cruise gripes are for fun or at least an exaggeration. It's pretty difficult coming up with legitimate gripes. It gets old hearing about people hogging deck chairs.
Old February 27th, 2002, 09:25 AM
cruz-b4

Our definition of babies ranges from young to old,the only difference being the older ones whine all the time instead of crying.But somehow when we are on cruises we dont notice that much because we are to busy enjoying the ship.
Old February 27th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Admiral

The private yacht is a good idea. Or, just stay home.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old February 27th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Admiral

I find this board a great way to have fun. I never serious about the stuff I write. Well maybe some things but I don't judge people who don't take their kids. It is good for a marriage to leave the kids with the grandparents. Just not mine. Pamda please don't take me serious about the druppy depends statement. Cindy thought it was a little funny but she knows I'm like a big kid. After a day at the bank I just want it all to hang out. Someone please pass me a beer!
Old March 5th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Minnow

I am serious when I say that your list is correct and is exactly why we will never cruise again. My gripe is that with all the above true shouldn't the cruise lines get more flak for FALSE ADVERTISING. Our cruise was nothing like the ads. We were herded around like cattle and it was anything but relaxing. Very bad entertainment, whitch proved to be so bad it was funny. The crew were constantly trying to part our money from our wallets. Gratuity Night was blatently TACKY. Yes, I'm very serious about not going on a cruise again.
Old March 5th, 2002, 08:35 AM
First Mate

Minnow you must be a penny pincher. Why are you on this board then if you are never going to cruise again? Most of my fellow posters are just having fun. Sure their are lots of thing to gripe about when on a cruise. After all you are with other passengers. Tipping has always been the norm. Thats the way the crew get paid. I have been on five cruises, and two booked and paid for this year. I think you are missing something about cruising. I don't even think of the money issue. If it was all about money, I don't think anyone would set a foot onboard.
Old March 5th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Minnow

The reason I am on this board today is because we just returned yesterday. I had been reading up on this board before we left to get some idea of what to expect. I will be taking this off my favorites list, because I won't need to monitor the board. Thanks for the opportunity to vent.
Old March 7th, 2002, 02:23 AM
First Mate

You just know the people who gripe about cruises do the same about the paper boy, the neighbor`s dog or kid. Cruising is just a city that floats. All the people you thought you were leaving behind sent their relatives on the cruise just to P.O. you. It`s just another government conspiracy. The IRS and old J Edgar`s people are probably spying on you too.

For anyone who doesn`t know a joke when they see it. THIS HAS BEEN ONE!!
Old March 8th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to natalie

I like that!
Old March 9th, 2002, 02:39 AM
First Mate

I have two big gripes that I`m willing to share. One is that I can`t get on the ship til Sept 28.
The other is I haven`t seen hardly anyone going on the Pride on that date.
I haven`t gotten real cranky about it yet.
Met alot of good people on the boards for the Magic last year. Had alot of fun getting to know them. We hung out some on the ship. It was good to see people that you had been talking to for monthes and finding that your ideas of what some of them would look like was totally wrong. Others it was dead on.
So I guess I really am lucky that my gripes are so piddly. I`m not worring about how to smuggle booze on the ship. Not worried if my drink from room service might be a little watery. Or wheather gramps or junior have their pull ups on. Just make sure there is plenty of food on the ship and fuel in the tanks. We`ll take care of the rest.
The preacher says"AMEN" end of sermon