CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   Door slammers1 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/295040-door-slammers1.html)

Ron March 2nd, 2002 04:13 PM

Door slammers1

I haven't ( after 18 cruises) yet figured out why some people have to SLAM their cabin door. No matter what time, 2 pm or 2 am, when they come or go, it's --Kabooom!! I would be willing to bet if you got in their car and slammed their car door like that, they would raise heck. Thanks

Rick March 2nd, 2002 04:27 PM

Re: Door slammers1

Personally, I have always enjoyed slamming doors. I am sure its a power thing. I paid for my cruise and will slam my door anytime I want!

Jack March 2nd, 2002 04:59 PM

You do know that each cabin has a telephone and your cabin number is on your door?

Ben March 2nd, 2002 05:07 PM

Though I sympathize with your feelings, I assume you have never been to college: its far worse than anything you'll encounter on any cruise.

Rick March 2nd, 2002 05:47 PM

okay I think lol

Paul B March 2nd, 2002 06:37 PM

Your cabin had a door? I must have been on the wrong ships. They hung beads on the entrance to my cabin, and people always kept jiggling them.

Jack March 2nd, 2002 07:13 PM

???????????

Suzie March 2nd, 2002 08:34 PM

You guy's ! I love it here!
< XXLG>
Suzie

Korinne March 3rd, 2002 10:09 AM

That's what I was gonna say Suzie!!!,,lol,,,,Especially the one that said,
" I paid for this cruise,I will slam my door if I want to"! If ya ever need a belly laugh this is the place to get one isn't it? ..LOL!!! You guy's are HILARIOUS!!! :-)

Suzie March 3rd, 2002 11:43 AM

Korinne,
You have a great cruise and be sure and tell us everything - write a Cruise Mates Special! and don't slam any doors! < LG >
Suzie

Korinne March 3rd, 2002 12:59 PM

UHHHH..now wait just a minute Suzie!!,,,LOL....I paid for this cruise and I'll slam my door if I wanna!! hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Don't really plan on it tho honestly!!..lol....Sea Ya!!

Ron March 3rd, 2002 03:03 PM

Ben-- Yes I went to college--probably not the same as you,as I went to a small private school.
Paul--don't you know--you have to pay extra to get a cabin with a door! Next time you cruise, spring for an outside cabin at least one deck above the engine room and I'll bet it will have a door!
With all the ado created with the post re/ smokers tossing cig. butts overboard, I thought we might be able to get the "slammers" and "non-slammers" on separate sides of the ship! Whether you slam or don't slam, enjoy your cruises.

EarlinHouston March 3rd, 2002 10:42 PM

We've been on lots of cruises and have never been bothered by passengers slamming cabin doors. The crew is a different story. If you have a cabin on a lower deck near the crew quarters the entrance door to the passenger areas are hung to be self closing and they can be loud. This is particularly a problem at shift change time, like in the morning when there are lots of crew going to work. The door constantly slams. That's why those midship cabins cost more.

Rick March 3rd, 2002 11:48 PM

You really think thats why they cost more ?
.....lol

cruz-b4 March 4th, 2002 12:12 PM

I thought it was that sucking toilet that caused the doors to slam.

JJ March 4th, 2002 01:52 PM

Actually, it's open balcony doors that cause doors to slam. It was all we could do to open the door for room service and then EVRYTHING that wasn't bolted down flew out the door. Also, on the Golden 2 weeks ago, our door wouldn't lock unless it was slammed - what a pain. We didn't want to SLAM, but we were forced to.

Debbie March 16th, 2002 07:53 PM

THIS PLACE IS A RIOT! IF YOU WANTED A QUITE VACATION YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHOOSE ANOTHER IDEA, LIKE A CABIN IN THE WOODS! IT CAN BE ANNOYING BUT PEOPLE ON A CRUISE SHIP PARTY AND PARTY THEY WILL TO ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT AND THE MORE THEY DRINK THE LOUDER IT CAN GET. SO WEAR EAR PLUGS, PUT A PILLOW OVER YOUR HEAD AND PLAY THE RADIO ON LOW! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME ON YOUR CRUISE.