Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2002, 08:54 PM
First Mate

Default Cruising Soon- May Return With Gripes?

Hi Everyone,

I'll be taking my first cruise with my husband aboard the Spirit on 3/27. Before we went to the TA we researched and had set our sights on other than Carnival. She had no problem talking into this cruise, saying that based on our ages (late 30's) and what we like to do - we'd be happy on this ship. The itenerary was what we wanted and it fit with when we wanted to be vacationing.

I love this section of the boards the best! You guys have not only cracked me up, but you've given me great advice as I've read everything here since we booked. (also all the other sections and everything I can devour)

The many Carnival bashers have made me a little concerned! Not only here - but over on the usenet cruise newsgroup. Holy cow... the descriptions of hairy sleeveless men guzzling beer and belching while wearing flip-flops on formal nights.... and the "trailer park" image some give Carnival - well - it really makes me wonder!

Why don't I hear much about the Spirit? We'll be cruising over Easter and I've found out our Easter Sunday spent in Barbados will pretty much be a bust as most things will be closed. No worries, we intend to have fun regardless.

This may be the wrong area to post all this- if it is... please gripe on me and I will take it elsewhere

We booked cabin 8180 , cat 8I. I've found a few others on this same cruise in other sections here.... but there seems to be less talk about the Spirit than the newer Pride or even the other Carnival boats. Any ideas why?

Anyway - I soon hope to be a cruise addict, like the rest of you. Do you think we made a bad choice? Cruising over Easter with no kids.... will the boat be full of kids? Will I be coming home and posting a list of gripes here? <g>

Sorry to be so wordy - I just wanted to say hi and thank you all for your endless advice and for making me smile as I read your threads.

Counting the days 'till we're on board....
Deja
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruising Soon- May Return With Gripes?

No one else is going on your cruise except for you, 78 hairy chested, beer bellied guys, 300 screaming toddlers and the rest ladies from Florida all in their 90's. They will be improperly dressed for all meals, hog chairs , hot tubs and slot machines. The food will be inedible, the service will be unacceptable (except for the towel animals you will find all over your room each night). The boarding will be slow due to everyone not filling out documents and trying to smuggle on 17 six packs of beer in their carry ons.You will be beseiged by photographers , will over pay for services and shore excursions and will otherwise have a miserable time. NOT.

If you took this board seriously, the above would be your cruise.
Something like 6 million people will cruise from North American
ports this year and cruising has about the highest repeat business
in the world. That said, Carnival is the Number one cruise line.
They must be doing something right. Go, Enjoy. Don't let little things bother you and if something isn't right speak up. There are 1000 crew members on your ship whose goal is that YOU have a good time. Happy Cruising. Let us know when you get back how soon you will be booking your next cruise.
Old March 4th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Doug R.

Bill - Don't sugar coat things. You forgot to mention the druken hordes of drunk teenages having sex on the deck and conducting gang wars.

Doug
Old March 4th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Marnie

WOW, I want to be on Bill and Doug's cruise. Sounds like a major blast.

Deja, your cruise will be awesome. I wouldn't worry about any of the comments here. Here's a way to look at it. There are 2 kinds of people 1 - those who offend and 2 - those who are offended.

No two people are going to have the exact same opinion on what's offensive. You can be offended by others and offend others at the same time just by being different than them.
Old March 4th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Admiral

Please advise immediately any cruises with teenagers having sex on the deck.(hoping these are 18 and 19 year old teenagers). No problem with the gangs, former resident of the south Bronx. Need update on the sex thing soonest. Have not noted this activity on previous cruises.
Can you take pictures of these activities and get them developed onboard or can you buy enlargements from ships photographers? Is there an extra charge for this activity or is it included in the price? Are these the same teenagers who get "involved " with the crew or is that a seperate group? Question, can teenagers carry on their alcohol in their carry ons or should they pack it their check ins?
Old March 4th, 2002, 03:21 PM
First Mate

-

I'll be armed with video at all times and will tape the teen-sexcapades.... I'll have to charge a fee for them of course <EG>

Maybe I can start a food fight at the buffet ala Jerry Springer style?

How much do you think I can charge for photos of the towel animals engaged in illicit acts? ROFL

You guys are a riot - I can only hope to be on the same cruise as you some day.

deja
Old March 4th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Admiral

Celebrity Summit Oct 28.
Old March 5th, 2002, 08:09 PM
First Mate

Bill, Don't forget about the Don Juans of the dinning room out to bang all the wives!
Old March 6th, 2002, 12:05 AM
Passenger

Do these don juans don speedos? just wondering
Old March 23rd, 2002, 11:57 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Sissybug

Hi, I am cruising the spirit also on May 3. I think they are too new to have as much feedback as some older ships. It is just a year old this month I think.

You will have a blast, and there will be kids probably, but thank heaven they are somebody elses!!! The children on the only cruise I was ever on were so well entertained that one hardly noticed them.

Shelly