Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2002, 05:39 PM
ehogan

Default embarkation - forms not filled out

We have been on 10 cruises and on every one, there is someone in line before us during embarkation who has not filled out any of the boarding forms. These are the forms that come in your Carnival ticket package and include your credit card info, citizenship info, etc.

This drives me crazy since it means everyone has to wait until they complete the forms at the check-in counter, delaying the whole embarkation process.

Please, please read the instructions Carnival gives you when you get your package and fill this information out before you get in line. Hopefully, the cruise lines will, in future make these people get out of line, fill out their forms and go to the back of the line.
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Marnie

Default Re: embarkation - forms not filled out

I think that's a murphy's law, the only ones without their forms completed are in front of you.
Old March 5th, 2002, 12:24 AM
First Mate

I just booked my cruise on Celebrity Century for April. My travel agent told me that I will need to pick up my documentation at the port. I assume there will be a place once there that I can fill everything out so as not to be a annoyance to anyone, or do I have to fill them out at the point where I get them???
Old March 5th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Warren

Sometimes a passenger doesn't get documentation and the forms until arriving at the pier. If you book fairly close to a sailing the cruise line doesn't have time to send them to your TA, who in turn needs to send them to you. I know this from first hand experience and was one of those people filling out forms in the terminal that everyone (including me) grumbles about. I'll have a little more patience with them from now on.
Old March 5th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Holly

There always have been and always will be people too important, too busy and too blasted DUMB to give two hoots and a hollar about anyone else. These jerks should fill out their papers on the airplane or in the vehicle on their way to the pier or while waiting in line at the pier if doc's are pier pick up. the only way this will ever happen is if cruise lines segregate completed/uncompleted docs lines and enforce them by making people go to the correct line. Considering the happenings in the "less than 10 line" at my local grocery, I believe in this happening as much as I do in the cow jumping over the moon. I have been known to look at a cart in front of me, count out items very loudly, and ask people if they read english. I have had several cleks on this express line say thanks, quietly, since they can not do this.
Old March 6th, 2002, 01:00 AM
Admiral

so if a person has 11 items....you would make an issue of it? lol
Rick
Old March 6th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Marnie

People are way too uptight. I don't like anyone being unprepared and holding up everyone else, but it's always going to be there, unless the cruiselines come up with the express line method for those who have their forms filled up.

It's funny you mention the express checkout line at the grocery store. Here's a link to an article about "checkout rage".

http://www.msnbc.com/local/whdh/m5390.asp
Old March 6th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Warren

Holly,

Exactly how is a person supposed to fill out their forms while waiting in line if they don't actually get the docs until they reach the check-in counter? I'm glad someone like you wasn't standing behind me when it happened to me and calling me a jerk.

I posted what I did so that people would see things from another perspective they might not have thought about. And I even posted it in English!

Warren
Old March 8th, 2002, 08:52 AM
chelsea

For those of us who are "aliens", i.e. green card holders, you have to fill out extra forms which are not given to you until you are in line at the security check out and then you have to fill it out while standing in line before you get to the end of the line. Yes, its annoying, not just to you citizens, but to us aliens too, they need to send us these forms in the mail with our travel docs......
Old March 9th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Getting ready to board on 3/24 for cruise number 29 and never has there not been individuals that had not completed their cruise documentation. While, frustrating for seasoned cruisers, first timers, non english speaking and some elderly individuals are sometimes unsure of the proper procedures. I try to have patience. My last cruise out of Seattle I was rewarded for my efforts of assisting an elderly couple with their documents and overabundance of carry on items. They were extremely appreciatative and we met up several times during the cruise for cocktails. We have remained friends.

Try to remember, the cruise ship will not leave with passengers still in the terminal. When sailing RCI, RCI representatives do a good job of moving up and down the rows of waiting guests to check documents before they reach the check in counters. I know some cruise lines do this better than others. Just look at it as part of the cruise experience and anticipation of boarding. If you wish to avoid this, I might suggest waiting until the last hour of boarding or arriving to be the first in line. Happy Sailing!
Old March 16th, 2002, 08:47 PM
First Mate

Geez Guys! So much tension before a relaxing cruise. A few suggestions ..... maybe the cruise lines should have signs for documents already filled out and people who need help with documents and if all else fails have a drink or two before you get in line you will feel more relaxed and others will be glad you did!