Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Gay

OK . . .let's take this a step further . . . . I have been on lots of cruises (20+) and have seen women dancing together on almost every cruise . . .usually with little to no attention being given to it . . . why is it when two men decide to dance it creates major attention and comments!

Just curious . . something my friends and I have often discussed . . .and yes, I am gay.

Mike
Old March 25th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Sissybug

Ok, I am a conservative person, and a heterosexual. I am also a human and realise that everyone needs to love and be loved. However I am traveling with a lovely woman who is also VERY old fashioned and views homesexuality/and any sex outside of a marriage more harshly. I would prefer that NO ONE does anything at the table that gets her going cause I really don't want to be in that awkward place of not totally disagreeing with her, but yet not condoning her harsh attitudes at the same time(i.e. don't want an arguement!-yes I have the backbone of a banana!)
Old March 25th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Mike, I know that hypocrisy bothers me, too.

Although on the positive side, I saw several of the male show dancers show up in the disco on the Ecstasy and had no problem dancing together. I saw no one giving "the look" -- though it was on the empty side then. My partner went back to the room, and I ended up playing "gentleman host" to two sisters there, who were kind enough to let me dance with them.

I find though that people are much more accepting on cruises. We just got back from the Sea Princess (50+ crowd) and everyone was so nice to us.

Harry
Old March 25th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Beginner

Let me add something to my previous post . . . I always travel with my partner and he and I have NEVER danced together on a cruise . . much less held hands, or kissed in public . . that is just not something we do . . on a cruise or anywhere else for that matter. And I have only danced with another man on two occassions . . once was on the Crystal Harmony at a party being thrown by the cruise director for all of the gay passengers and the other was VERY late at nite in the disco on the Maasdam and the only people in the place were the bartender, dj and the people in our group. I just find it very interesting the different acceptance of two women dancing . . or walking arm in arm . . . and two men doing the same thing!

Mike
Old March 25th, 2002, 11:30 PM
nanette

Default Re: Re: Gay

Simple answer. Get a table to yourselves. My husband and I do. When we feel like a romantic kiss, it isn 't going to make our tablemates uncomfortable because we don't have any!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 28th, 2002, 11:07 PM
Captain

Here in the great American West, we have a tradition of "mind your own business". I think that applies here. Enough said.