Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2002, 10:52 PM
First Mate

Default CARNIVALS POLICY!

IT REALLY IRKS ME WHEN I MAKE RESERVATIONS, PUT A DEPOSIT ON A CRUISE AND THEN THE RATE GOES DOWN AND AN ADJUSTMENT IS NOT MADE. REASON BEING: CARNIVALS POLICY DOES NOT ALLOW CHANGES OR THERE IS A PENALTY.
MY TA CONTACTED CARNIVAL THEY SAID NO ON THE DECREASE AND SINCE THERE IS A $50 DEPOSIT IT IS NOT REFUNDABLE ON A 2 DAY CRUISE TO NOWHERE. I HAVE NOT EVEN MADE FINAL PAYMENT!!!!!!!!! SOMETHING DOES NOT SOUND RIGHT WITH THIS PICTURE, WHAT HAPPEN TO MY CARNIVAL????? ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2002, 11:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: CARNIVALS POLICY!

Nothing has happened. These are the rules for these special two day cruises and the rules are published and given to the TA's who's job it is to pass this information on to you before you book. You are angry at the wrong person. My suggestion is to learn as much about your cruise as possible before booking. This can be done of course by coming to this website and asking questions of both the staff and all the fine people that come here and are willing to share information and knowledge. This also helps insure that you end up with a knowledgabe TA that will tell you information that you need to know to make sound decisions. The 'rules' are special and differant for these 2 day cruises to nowhere. Also, it isn't just Carnival, if you check you will see that other lines also have differant rules for these type of cruises.
Jim

Old March 25th, 2002, 07:25 AM
First Mate

Thank You Jim I was informed by my TA on the gratuties and the deposit money, but not about the price reduction prior to final. It appears that the cruise companies are trying to do what the airlines do.........Non refundable fare ....... book at the current rate and no changes. Well when plan A fails there is always Plan B........we got a 4th in our cabin so it has been reduced per person making it a better price. I will surely get all the particulars next time I sail and thank you.........
Old March 25th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Admiral

Talk to your credit card company, Debbie, and just refuse to pay.

Me, I would not pay $12 to be in a cabin with four people, so you may be better off !!!