Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2002, 11:30 PM
Benjo

Default Aqua Spa

I just got back from the Century Saturday and had a great time, but I do have a Gripe. The Aqua Spa. 2 things.

1st The high pressure sales tactics by the spa personel to try and get my $50.00 bottle of oil that is suppose to break down all of those toxins in your body.

2nd My freind and his wife came with us and I recommended the Rasul as we did it on the Mercury. Unfortunately the Rasul had some problems on the Century as after my freind and wife covered themselves in mud they waited for 30 minutes for the steam to come on. They couldn't exactly go out and ask for help. The staff was less than sympathetic and didn't go very far to try and provide good compensation.

Other than that I've nothing to gripe about even though we had 4 days of the roughest seas I've had so far on a cruise. Beats going to work.
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Aqua Spa

Benjo....Deb and I will be on the Century Dec 7th.......are you going to post a review? Thanks!

Old April 19th, 2002, 08:45 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Aqua Spa

My wife and I used the spa on the Rhapsody of the Seas. I would say it was a waste of money. I got a full body massage and I have received better massages at the local school for a lot less money. Afterward the massuse proceded to tell me that I was an unhealthy person and I should try a bunch of their elixars. This is a minor gripe, but for every massage I have ever had I have always fully disrobed then put on the covering provided (towel or sheet) for this massage the attendant insistant that I leave my swiming suit on. If I had know that I had to wear an undergarment I would have worn something more comfortable. It started the whole thing off on the wrong foot. I say use your money in other areas, skip the spa.
Old April 20th, 2002, 01:22 AM
Benjo

Default Re: Re: Aqua Spa

Rick,
Here is my reveiw. I'm not much of a writter.

Well just got back from the Century last Saturday and Iím still depressed Iím on dry Land. I thought Iíd give a run down of what I liked and didnít like. I donít want to bore you with a travel saga.

Liked List
1. Joined Captains club. This gave us priority boarding and more importantly disembarkation. We got to the airport 2 hrs before some people on our boat which enabled us to get on a earlier flight going standby. It helped that some of those people I mentioned earlier missed their flight due to not getting off of the Ship soon enough. Best $35.00 I ever spent.
2. Cabin attendant. Similar to the Mercury our cabin attendant did a fabulous job. Our room was always clean and picked up, all thought Iím still having a hard time getting used to someone folding my dirty underwear. Gotta remember to pick that up.
3. Waiter & Bus Boy. This was the best waiter Iíve had on a cruise. Nevell is from India and did a fabulous job. Nevell was friendly, attendant, but not over bearing. The best thing was I could understand him.
4. Over all dťcor of the ship. Century is getting old and Iíve been told that it is going into dry dock at the end of the year. There were signs of wear and tear but on the things that really mattered it didnít show. No worn out sheets & bed spreads like I experienced on the Destiny last year. Centuryís staff kept her clean as a whistle.
5. Food. I think this is probably one of the most contested subjects I could find where people have completely different views. I really enjoyed the food on the Century. I read on a previous post that some one thought the food on Carnival was just as good as on Celebrity. After having sailed on both lines. Carnivalís Destiny & Celebrityís Mercury & Century Iíve come to the conclusion that the individual who thought Carnival & Celebrities food was equal either thought going to Sizzler was as good as it getís or he had completely killed all of his available taste buds with to much booze. Iím wishing I had a big piece of beef and some of the salt crusted rolls and blue cheese right now.
6. We went to get a tour of the spa and we were the first to show up and they asked for a model to get a free manicure for the tours and so my wife got a free manicure.
7. Entertainment. The band that played on deck was good. Not as good as Voltz who was the band that played on the Mercury on my first cruise in Apr 2000, but much better than the band on the Destiny. The shows were good and I enjoyed the Ladder Guy. I saw him on the Mercury but still enjoyed it a second time and was even more impressed considering how bad the seas were.

Disliked
1. High pressure sales pitches by the aqua spa staff. $90.00 for a brush and oil that will make your cellulite go away. ďGive me a breakĒ.
2. Bad Weather. Just about everyone I talked to agreed that this cruise had the worst weather they had ever seen on a cruise with the exception of a few old Navy guys. The first 4 days were extremely rough seas and the shows had to be rescheduled due to the fact the dancers couldnít keep their balance.

As with all things a cruise is what you make of it. The Century is still a beautiful ship. She was clean. The staff was very helpful and kind with the exception of a few people in the Aqua Spa. Personally Iíd save yourself a lot of cash and getting a massage right before & after your cruise at home. I didnít have a problem with any discourteous passengers and I loved our seating arrangement. We sat at a table of 8. My wife and I and my college room mate and his wife and 4 retired gentleman from Ft. Lauderdale. I truly believe that one of the best parts about a cruise is meeting new people. I had a great time.
Old April 20th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Aqua Spa

Thanks alot Benjo.....We are looking forward to our Dec cruise on her.