Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Admiral

Default Degenerating Message Board

Guys, the once-great cruise gripes message board is now just an infernal chat session between cronies...let's all shape up and stop posting touchy-feelies on this board.

That's my gripe!

Thomas
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2002, 03:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Degenerating Message Board

Thomas, I know I am partially at blame for the decline in gripes posted here. It's just that everything is so nice..leaving Fri for Orlando....Deb is being so sweet to me....pain meds are wonderful ........I may be failing in my responsibilities to this board right now but promise I will be back to my old self May 4th!!!!! <G> Until peace...love....flowers...and a BIG kiss to you Thomas...lol

Old April 24th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Oh Rick, you are just so nice..... You are headeed my way (live in Orlando). I hope you have fun here. How many days here before cruise? If possible and have time you must go swimming with the dolphins at Discovery Cove. I am going for 2nd time tomorrow.

Thomas - sorry about the nice things mentioned above.....give me until May 17 when I get home from cruise - I am sure to have some gripes...I always just push them aside while on cruise, then when I get home I let them pour out. Can you wait that long?

Jodi

Carnival Spirit

Carnival Sensation
Old April 24th, 2002, 08:50 PM
Yeoman

I agree. If you want to talk to your friends...do so on your own e-mail addresses.I come to these boards for information not hellos and happy birthdays! If you care enough for someone, give them your real address. Linda P.S. Please don't jump all over me. It's just an opinion
Old April 24th, 2002, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

.LInda,

Probably no one will jump on you. There is the Chit-Chat thread that should be used for that.

Old April 24th, 2002, 09:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

YA.. We've had way too many people enjoying their cruises!! For gosh sakes this message board says Cruise Gripes. IF U CANT SAY SOMETHING NASTY AND WHINY HERE, DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!!!!

Surely if you search deep enough within your souls you can find something about your cruise to complain about.
If we want to hear about how good cruises are we can go to other boards. Here we want to share DIRT

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 25th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Admiral

Whoa, another Thomas on this board?

Personally, I don't mind a gripe on this board turning into idle chatter. But let's not forget there are a limited number of things to gripe about on cruises, after all it is our (mostly) favorite vacation venue. Once we've exhausted the common, i.e. unruly kids, smokers, rowdy drunks, chair savers, hidden costs, tablemates, formal night attire, etc. the less obscure gripes are few and far between.

We just need more cruises to find more gripes.

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 25th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Degenerating Message Board

Kuki, how about a cruise mates gripe cruise. We'll scour the messages and find the worst TA and worst ship sailing. Then we can arrange for totally convoluted air travel
almost guaranteed to lose some luggage (of course on the worst carrier out there).
Presuming anyone actually makes it on board we can then ,as a group, hold deck chairs and theatre rows (imagine one little old cruisemater holding 175 theatre seats).
We can be rude to our fellow passengers, smoke all over the ship, hog hot tubs, cut lines, wear shorts and tank tops with flip flops to dinner. We can treat the ships staff
like crap, be demanding and overbearing and in the end screw the staff out of tips. We can bring on our own booze and drink it all over the ship, let our children run wild (imagine 200 kids pushing all the elevator buttons day and night). Then when we come back we can have pages and pages of gripes for this part of the board.
Old April 25th, 2002, 09:17 PM
Tim Agg

Default Re: Re: Re: Degenerating Message Board

Book that on my cruise line and enjoy our gripe tax, the line up to make an appointment to complain [open 6-8 pm only], a special surcharge on repeat bookings and our 40% auto-tipping. For your group, we offer special entertainment , offered nightly before dinner, features the Hypochondriacs - listen to tales of corns, livers, bowels, etc. before dining on overcooked veggies, stringy beef and Melted Alaska. Every port is a tender port. No, that other group is not another tour - it's our on-board plumbers. Cheers!
Old April 30th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Admiral

Wow. Bill just described some of the folks on our second cruise on the Norway! "Ugly Americans" indeed!