Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Gripes with gripes

I have a gripe with gripes. The world is an inperfect place. There is always going to be some thing to complain about. Thats life. You can't have everything the way you want it. Yes the service can be slow and the glasses may be small. People can and will be rude at any age. So who cares. If I wanted the perfect cruise, I would probably have to build the ship and pay the best employees. It's not going to happen. Are things going to get better when people start to yell. No I don't think so. From my experience, people run or try to avoid customers like that. So you can't get upset when traveling on the big lines. They do the best they can with the numbers they have to serve. If they get a little tired, I can understand. They and I are both human. Peace
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Gripes with gripes

This board is an avenue for people to highlight some things on a cruise which diminish from the overall experience. Yes, people will find something to gripe about on nearly every cruise and that's o.k. because if the problems/inconveniences were not brought to light nothing would ever improve. Do you really want to experience the inconveniences of former cruises because the cruise lines were never made aware of the problems?

I own a business and am very much interested in the feedback from my customers. I always tell my employees to be congnizant of the customers who are always happy, for most people would rather avoid confrontation or any negativity and will usually just say everything was great until they leave the premises. Then they will complain to their friends and family of their displeasure. If I don't know about it, how can I fix it? I pay a LOT of attention to those brave enough to tell me of their problems. I value their input more because how will I ever get better if I don't know where I'm customer weak?

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 27th, 2002, 07:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Gripes with gripes

Point well taken Tom. Some times you can't make everyone happy. For example, the bank I work for gives complete free checking. If you bounce a check, it's a $30. charge. I waste time everyday with people who say that their deposit came in just before their checks did. They want their money returned to them. They are not listening when I tell them that they should not be writing checks when they have no balance to cover them. The banks look at when the checks were writen and tells their customers it's illegal for them to conduct such practices. Their answer is I am wrong. I have become aware of one thing living in the northeast. Yell loud enough and you get what you want, right or wrong. Do I run and hide when I see the same people with them same problems. You bet I do! I am certin on one thing. If this was a perfect world where everyone had everything they wanted to make them happy, they would still find something to make them hot.
Old May 28th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Admiral

The squeaky wheel get the grease. Yes, it's true. And people will find fault with something because it is not a perfect world.

I hope cruise directors and executives monitor these boards and get the pulse of their customer base. People are more inclined to anonymously post their gripes here than appear face to face with a staff member on the ship. This board is a wealth of feedback for them.

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 28th, 2002, 02:49 PM
Admiral

Probably most of the people posting on this board have been having terrific vacations overall. But all vacations, like everything, have good and bad parts. If we only talked about was how fun and super and wonderful everything was, the discussion might get a little boring.
The danger is when the gripes are ALL you focus on... some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining. Most of us are able to relax and enjoy our cruises, and the gripes you see on the board are just petty annoyances rather than something to write our congressman about. It's those people who only see the negative in everything who have a problem. Just my opinion...

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old May 28th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Captain

If I have a gripe (and I've had 'em), I can post it here. But if I experience some exceptional feature of a cruise, there doesn't seem to be a specific board dedicated to that. How about it, Cruisemates? Would you consider adding such a board so we could read about both sides of the story?

Old May 28th, 2002, 10:33 PM
Crstyne

I'm with Babe on this one! Where can you actually read about the positive, fun things to do on the ship, great service, etc.?! I really like to read about others experiences and what they found to do but it seems like there is never any info about that - maybe I'm not looking in the right place. I'm a loyal Celebrity cruiser and the Celebrity area of the board doesn't seem to mention things you can do on the ship or any of the crew that can make a trip so enjoyable. I just returned Saturday from a Cruise on the Century with my best friend and the crew made the trip for us. We had an awesome waiter (Paulo) and maitre de' (Vasile) and sommelier (Kara), amongst others. And for the third cruise in a row we found Carlos a bar server who is so much fun! We also went to the wine tasting and art auction, etc. At any rate I agree with Babe and I'm really not griping but that's my 2 cents

Crstyne
Old May 28th, 2002, 11:43 PM
Captain

Default Re: Cruise Highpoints?

Yes, Crystne, and thanks for joining me in this request! Now, please don't get me wrong. I have experienced some lines and ships that have REAL problems that need to be brought to the attention of the cruising public. And, I've done this, when needed. But there are ALSO some ships and lines that are delivering some EXCELLENT product for the fare that also need to be recognized, and made known. And thanks for sharing your fine experience on Celeb. Again, I just believe that it would be a service to the cruising public if Cruisemates had a board to complement " Cruise Gripes", called "Cruise Highpoints" or something like that, where readers could learn about especially GOOD points about a particular line or ship. Then, we all could read BOTH boards when we select a cruise vacation. For example, someone might "gripe" that a ship had too many formal nights, and another person might say that the "highpoint" of the same cruise was that it had such great formal nights. Then we all would know that we should take this cruise if we liked formal nights, and avoid it of we don't. After all, it's all about education, isn't it?
Old May 29th, 2002, 01:42 AM
Dean Renner

Default Re: Re: Cruise Highpoints?

I agree, Babe. You have my vote!

Dean
Old May 29th, 2002, 09:19 PM
Crstyne

Default Re: Re: Re: Cruise Highpoints?

It seems like it's time for the CruiseMates staff to get busy My vote is definitely in for a Cruise HighLights Section! It would be an awesome additional to a great site. Crstyne.............
Old May 29th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Cruise Highpoints?

Cruise Highlights is an A+ idea!
Old May 29th, 2002, 11:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cruise Highpoints?

Mikey.. I agree!! Have forwarded it to the boss!! Thanks Crstyne

Old May 30th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Cruise Lovelies ????

Old May 31st, 2002, 03:46 PM
Admiral

How about Cruise Delights?

Let me think........................I once got a drink at the pool bar and the barmaid told me it was on her! Hooray............... Twice I got into the hot tub and there was nobody but me in it! Cool! ....................Mrs. Thomas went to the cabin for a quick nap and her lounge chair was quickly occupied by a Bo Derek lookalike. Aaahhhhhhhhh

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 31st, 2002, 11:18 PM
Captain

Default Re: Re: Re: Gripes with gripes

Thomas, I know your post was meant to be toung-in-cheek, but one highlight of one of my cruises WAS the fact that complementary drinks were sometimes served at the pool! No beauty queen showed up in the deck chair next to mine, however. But, we can't expect the cruise lines to provide THAT, can we?

Old June 1st, 2002, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Gripes with gripes

A smart business will always listen to their customers. Maybe if we bombard them with requests we'll get what we ask for. After all, it's just a matter of money.

Regards,
Thomas