Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2002, 08:15 PM
Passenger

Default cruise docs, does this sound ok?

We booked through cruise.com on the Carnival Triumph for July. when the docs came, one had my younger daughter's first letter of her first name spelled incorrectly. The other doc (2 cabins) had my older daughter's last name completely wrong (my last name instead of her last name).

I have been calling back and forth between the TA and Carnival. Both sides assure me that they have the corrections on the ship manifest and Carnival sent me a "passenger copy of confirmation" with corrections and TA sent me an invoice with corrections and said he has ordered a new ticket for one child (last name correction), but not other child. I don't know if this is true or not since I haven't received it yet and Carnival will tell me nothing. They keep saying go through TA. Both sides say I'll "be fine" at the dock. Somehow I don't feel fine.

I don't want to get to the dock and then have to spend three hours explaining all of this and then possibly be denied boarding. Any info/advice would be helpful.thanks.
I am right in worrying? I am sure security is tighter after 9/11.
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2002, 08:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: cruise docs, does this sound ok?

Well... it sounds like they have it all under control. It happens often enough. The minor misspelling in the first name is really no problem. An incorrect last name can be. Your t/a IS the one to get it sorted out, and it sounds like it has been. I'd relax if I were you.
Old June 27th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I have heard too many horror stories - I would request change confirmation in writing.

Jodi

Old June 27th, 2002, 10:22 PM
Admiral

I'd be a lot more worried about the air tickets, if you are flying.

Old June 28th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: cruise docs, does this sound ok?

Hi Karen,
Just be sure to bring all the papers with you conserning this name error with you and be sure to bring the correct identification for everyone, have heard they are getting a lot more strict with proper ID. In fact having a passport now adays seems even the best to have. If you haven't already done so, here is a link that explains how to obtain a passport:

http://travel.state.gov/passport_easy.html

Sounds like you may be short of time for this cruise, but its definitely something to think about for future travel plans, hope all the changes go through and you do not have a problem boarding, have a great time with the family!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 28th, 2002, 10:40 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: cruise docs, does this sound ok?

Thanks all for your help,
but it gets worse:

I have written down everyone's name I talked to. Remember in my post I said that at least the guy at cruise.com had said that he was going to send me a new doc. for my older daughter with her real last name (instead of mine) printed on it, well guess what?

He just emailed me and told me that we had agreed that the invoice from him would be enough and there was no need for a new document. NOT TRUE. I never said this.
He assured me last week that he had already ordered the doc, now he says that carnival will not be issuing another doc, maybe because he didn't order one to begin with! When I asked for his supervisor I was told by someone else at cruise.com that they don't have supervisors, that they are all professional contractors. All I could do was talk to another peer of his, another TA, who just agreed with everything he has said. surprise not.

Whenever I call carnival, all they say is talk to the TA. We can do nothing, you didn't book through us.

I am so frustrated.. I feel like I am caught in the middle of two giants who don't give a damn about the midget in the middle. I should be happy now, but I am miserable, frustrated and downright *issed off
Old June 29th, 2002, 11:57 AM
Admiral

I'd suggest talking to the airline. The cruise line probably won't care one way or the other, but the airline probably will.

Old July 4th, 2002, 09:38 PM
DeniseToAlaska

From personal experience (read my gripe), the cruise is TOTALLY FINE with the wrong names as long as they are correct on the manifest. Don't worry at all, not one bit! Relax, they do go more by the manifest than your tickets. That's all set.

The airline is NOT fine. If you have even one letter wrong, you need new tickets. If you're not flying, don't worry about it.

You didn't mention a flight, so hopefully that's all good to go! If not, scream, yell, refuse to budge from the phone until you get new air tickets issued. I actually cried too, but I wouldn't recommend it. Puffy eyes and all.

Denise
Old July 5th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: cruise docs, does this sound ok?

Denise, thanks for the advice. thankfully we are not flying anywhere, so hopefully everytning will work out okay.
Old July 18th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: cruise docs, does this sound ok?

Karen-
Just happened to us. My husband went to pick up the docs he spells his name fredric they spelled it Fredrick (k) when he told the TA she said why did your wife sign it when she paid for it in full. I am sure that I would have noticed something that bothers us both so much and they said don't worry we will get new papers. Anyway the TA called Carnival and got faxed over a new confirmation slip that she glued into our booklets and she called the airline for us and they said don't worry. I also called myself to confirm it and the airline checked on their computer as i could hear her in the background and she said no problem. I also called Carnival and they said that in the computer it was spelled correctly and the problem would be when you get your sea and sail card or whatever it is called and that comes from the form you fill out. Good Luck talk to your TA