CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   Viking Serenade (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/295193-viking-serenade.html)

Bonnie July 29th, 2002 05:18 PM

Viking Serenade

Does anyone know if RCCL is going to be replacing the Viking Serenade from L.A. to Mexico for the 3 and/or 4 day trips. It is a shame that the only ship going there is Carnival and we don't have any other choice than to go that route.

Leslie July 29th, 2002 06:59 PM

Re: Viking Serenade

Bonnie

After the summer in Alaska, Vision of the Seas will be placed in LA for a series of 3/4 nights then continuing again with 7 nights to Mexico. I have read that they will be placing a ship semi-permanently at LA for the year round 3/4 night soon. I will be taking back to back cruises on 10/14 and 10/18 on Vision on that 3/4 night sailing. Have been on Viking Serenade no less than 15 times and miss the old girl and all the staff. On my last voyage on VS a lot of the crew were adamant about signing on to what ever ship was assigned out of LA for the 3/4 nighters.

Happy sailing!

Leslie

Vision 10/14/02
Vision 10/14/02
Brilliance 12/13/02

Harry Martin July 29th, 2002 07:29 PM

Re: Re: Viking Serenade

Leslie provided great info ... I only wish pricing were as good as Carnival. I did the Viking in January, but have Ecstasy for January of this year. I love Vision class though

Harry

Sailfish August 3rd, 2002 08:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Viking Serenade

We have a cruise out of LA booked on the Vision of the Seas for October 14th. I checked out both Carnival and Royal Caribbean, and combined with our Crown & Anchor coupon, this four night cruise priced almost $50pp less than the Ecstasy for an inside guarantee (through Travelocity).

Can anyone tell me about the itinerary or the ship? It's been a long time since our last cruise aboard a Royal Caribbean ship (all have been in the Caribbean). I'm hoping we won't be disappointed...the price was too good to pass up at $50 per night per person for an inside guarantee. Not sure what these short cruises normally go for...hopefully it's not just my imagination we got a good deal.

Any input would be much appreciated

Dorothy August 3rd, 2002 09:40 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Viking Serenade

Wherever you go the Vision of the Seas is gorgeous, (At least it was in 1999 on our cruise to Alaska)

I just wish you could have Gordon Whitman as the CD as we had, This guy is absolutly fantastic.

I believe the 4 day cruise does Baja and back to LA

The seven day cruise does Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta

Anyway,, you got a great deal, Have a fabulous time

Harry Martin August 4th, 2002 10:36 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Viking Serenade

The Royal Carribean itinirary for the 4-nighter is San Diego, Catalina and Ensenada. A fun trip. The Vision is the sister to the Rhapsody, which I love. You gotta use the Solarium indoor pool -- it's fantastic!

Harry