Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2002, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Default Topless on Cruise

I see numerous posts on other boards here concerning topless areas on ships. I believe Celebrity is going to that and is currently trying it on the Millie. Deb and I will be on the Millie Apr 20 2003. I think it is great that some people can go topless (designated area) without being ashamed of their bodies. Some of you need to get over this . If you don't sunbathe topless...thats fine...but don't say those who do are wrong. I believe that most people who come out against this are not comfortable with their bodies. That is sad because beauty is afterall only skin deep. I encourage ALL cruisemate ladies to take advantage of the Topless area.

Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Topless on Cruise

What I can't stand is all the young hard bodies on the topless deck. Give me some women with MEAT on their bones. The bigger the better!!!

Regards,
Thomas
Old September 25th, 2002, 04:10 PM
worktocruise

There were a lot of thongs on the Majesty of the Seas this past weekend. BTW, being female, it certainly didn't turn me on. I'm sure the men were delighted!

Dang, those things look uncomfortable!!!
Old September 25th, 2002, 04:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Topless on Cruise

We need pictures! VBG

Old September 25th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the sentiment, Rick. I'd just read a posting on the "Ask the CruiseMates Staff" where the writer spoke disparaginly of a couple of "girls" who decided to sunbath topless. The writer seemed to imply that because these women didn't have nice bodies, they should remain covered. I say - if you're comfortable with yourself and want to go topless, go for it.

Worktocruise, did you hear the report recently (I found several articles on a search) that there was a correlation between increased urinary tract and other infections and people who wore thongs? Seems the "thong" acts as a wick and helps the little critters get around more than they could with regular undergarments.
Old September 25th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Will someone throw cold water on Thomas!
Old September 25th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Looks like I will be tossing mine away.
Old September 26th, 2002, 08:34 AM
worktocruise

Rick.....Sorry.....no pics from me! Guess you'll have to go take your own!

LisaW......I'm not surprised. Maybe I'm showing my age, but I don't understand why husbands want their wives going out in thongs and letting everyone else look at their wife's bare bottom!!!!!!! Believe me, I'd clear the decks if I went out in a thong.....everyone would be laughing so hard they'd fall overboard!!!!!!!!!!! Guess there's more than one way to get a deck chair! ROFL
Old September 26th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Re: Topless on Cruise

You're my kind of man Thomas, as I am a size 16, and men tell me I am voluptuous. Plan on going topless after I have my breast augmentation surgery!
Old September 28th, 2002, 05:45 PM
susancruzs

Wow, I love it when I can say I agree with the guys! I have a problem with people who are obsessed with how they feel other people should look. Not everyone has a perfect body and what one person deems as a great body may seem not so great to someone else. Topless suntanning? You see more than that on TV these days.

Live and let live, if someone is comfortable letting it all hang out and it bothers you or you don't want to look, the ship is huge, go somewhere else and don't look!

If any of you run into me on a cruise, ask me to tell you the story about the photographer and art show. It's a classic but I don't want to upset anyone on the boards.
Old September 28th, 2002, 09:13 PM
Admiral

You don't have to worry about me sunbathing topless! Some things are meant to be concealed! <VBG>

Regards,
Thomas
Old September 29th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Thank Goodness! Now that sight could throw my slot play off! <VBG>

Old October 2nd, 2002, 04:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

I myself prefer to ware my thong. At 6' 3" 285 i am quite a site. People enjoy the buffness of my sculptured bod. They all seem to look as I walk by. I must make all the guys hide there wives eyes. They are jealous of the this hunk. So I can see how people are angry about the toppless decks. I am sure they cause more of a stir.
Old October 4th, 2002, 09:49 PM
Admiral

workforcruise,

Believe me, I'd clear the decks if I went out in a thong.....everyone would be laughing so hard they'd fall overboard!!!!!!!!!!!

For some reason, this brings to mind a song that Alan Sherman recorded in the early 1960's. I don't remember the whole song, but what has always stuck in my mind was the line:

>> "Did you ever see a whale in a bikini?"

I am NOT suggesting that YOU fit that description; only that it's what your post brought to mind....

Norm.

P. S: If anybody knows the name of the song or the album on which it appeared, please let me know. Thanks!
Old October 4th, 2002, 09:52 PM
Admiral

Rick,

I go topless quite often, especially around or in the pool.

Now don't you go getting excited....

Norm.
Old October 7th, 2002, 02:10 PM
worktocruise

Norm,

The picture of a whale in a bikini had me mao! In the early 60's I was still a babe......oops.....maybe I should rephrase that as I'm sure some of you would misinterput the use of the word babe....I was still very, very, very young! I'm not the size of a whale, but I certainly KNOW I need to cover up the "extra" blubber I have!!! OOOL As long as I'm making the whale jokes about myself, that's OK! <G>
Old October 8th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Yeoman

Hey....in New York State, women are allowed to go topless any place that men are allowed to go topless. It's the law....but alas.....no topless women at our local beach.
Old October 8th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Admiral

My opinion, there's a time and place for everything. Now if there is a designated place for topless etc then use that and noone (yeah right) should be offended. Let's face it we can't please everyone but common sense and discreetion should be applied. I have nothing against it as I like to tan nude, swim nude (at my house) but I am not doing it for the pleasure of showing off my body as I just like the freedom. There are those who just want to get the attention. It kills me for example the spring breakers who are flashing the guys and then are horrified that their pics are on the net. That's gonna happen so think twice if that's most the consequence you want.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old October 9th, 2002, 01:03 PM
David Starkey

If you want to be topless or nude at your house fine....but I don't think space should be allocated for it on a cruise ship.(this is not a private yacht)
Old October 14th, 2002, 12:32 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cherylinmaine Send a message via Yahoo to cherylinmaine

All my life I been trying to pick my underwears out of my crotch, then some person comes up with a thong....must have been a man......<> hehe