Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2002, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Default Two teeny tiny real gripes

I was disappointed with the Thelasotherapy pool on Summit. (you have to sail Celebrity
to know what that is). On Mercury and her sister ships this is a fabulous spa treatment and well worth the $10 dollars or so a day that they charge for it. On Summit first of all it is not as good(none of the intense jets to work out all those kinks that come from old age) and second ,as it is free ,folks just use it like an indoor heated swimming pool.
As a result we only used it once (used it every day on Mercury).
Second , there was one member of the cruise staff who needed a career change.
I have never before met a nasty unfriendly cruise staff member before, but , on Summit there was one. No name will be named in a negative posting.
The cruise director Jason Beetham, came on board the same day we did as an emergency replacement (from Zenith). Apparently Summit's cruise director broke his leg (I don't think they shot him , but they did replace him).
Jason and Darren the assistant were fabulous. One of the staff needed a serious attitude adjustment however Not happy in his work and went out of his way to act that out for the passengers.
Besides those two teeny tiny gripes Summit is now my new most favorate ship.
Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Two teeny tiny real gripes

Hi Bill,
I too tried the t-pool on Infinity and I'm thinking its pretty much the same as Summit, so I didn't have any other one to compare, but for me it was wonderful! May-be more so because we were cruising in Alaska, but it was very relaxing and we did go there quite a few times during the week. May-be some day I will be able to try the Mercury t-pool to compare :-) Gosh, if thats it on the gripes, not bad at all!

Message Boards Moderator