Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2003, 11:21 PM
pvcbuilder

Default The "Holiday" from hell

Finally, a place to gripe! I really didn't want things to end this way, but since Carnival still will not contact us, I guess I have to. I'm just going to put it all out here for you and you can sift through what you think is interesting. I assure you, none of this is exaggerated, even though much of it seems unbelievable. What could have been a "funny" mishap turned into a nightmare. Enjoy, and tell me what you think!

My wife and I were passengers on the Carnival Cruise ship, The Holiday, from November 23, 2002 to November 28, 2002. Although itˇ¦s not usually our style to put all of our eggs in one basket, we decided to forgo any other trips during the year in order to take our ˇ§dreamˇ¨ vacation. Because a cruise is supposed to be the vacation of a lifetime, we decided it would be worth the money, and we saved for approximately eleven months. By the time our vacation was all said and done, we felt that all the months of saving and planning had been a waste of our time and hard-earned money.

From the very beginning, this cruise was not the relaxing getaway we had longed for and anticipated. The following is a list of the unpleasant situations we encountered on our cruise with Carnival:

„h Upon entering the ship, we were confronted with workmen loading cardboard boxes on carts in many of the hallways. When we found our floor, we noticed that the entire wing of our hallway seemed to be under construction. There were carts sitting all along the hall. There were power cords empty boxes, and tools strewn along the hallway. Apparently a remodeling project was underway. We assumed that, like the touch-up painting going on outside of the ship, this construction would cease once we commenced our trip.

„h Despite our request of late seating dinner, we had been assigned to early seating.

„h Our first morning on the cruise, we were awakened at 7 a.m. by the sound of metal scraping on metal. The noise was excruciatingly loud, echoing throughout our cabin, and impossible to sleep through. Because of this rude awakening, we felt unable to relax on the first day of our much-needed vacation.

„h We called room service that morning and filed a complaint. We requested either a guarantee that this wouldnˇ¦t happen again, or that we be moved to another cabin. We were told that security would check into things for us.

„h That evening, we returned to our cabin and discovered a bottle of champagne along with a letter of apology. We were genuinely appreciative, and very hopeful that we would have good nightˇ¦s rest and an opportunity to sleep in on the second day of our cruise.

„h The next day, we were awakened to the sound of saws and various other construction noises. Once again the work began at 7 a.m., in fact, the only morning we were not awakened by the noise of construction, was the morning the captain ran our ship aground.

„h Our room steward was lacking in service, as both days we were in port he neglected to leave beach towels in our room. Both days we tried to reach him to no avail, and finally had to call room service to have our towels delivered. This was extremely frustrating, as our trips in to port were delayed by having to wait for our towels to be delivered.

„h Early Tuesday morning, our ship ran aground in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico.

„h We were given no official announcement of this occurrence until 10:30 Tuesday evening. What remains disturbing about the timing of this announcement is twofold. For starters, the mainlanders we encountered on Play Del Carmen were quite aware of the fact that our ship was not only stuck, but it would not be moving any time soon. Secondly, it struck us as odd that after the incident occurred, our captain was never heard from again. Risa, the Entertainment Director, appeared to be the person in authority of our ship, as she was the one keeping us ˇ§informedˇ¨ of the situation at hand. This did not evoke feelings of trust in the ability of those in charge of our cruise.

„h At the time of the announcement, we were told that our ship would be removed from the sandbar by Wednesday evening, and we would still have our full day at sea as promised.

„h At this time we were also informed that, although the ship was leaning a few degrees to one side, it was not a safety issue. Risa said that in an effort to relieve the ship of some of its weight, seawater was being released from the ballasts, and this was the cause of the list to one side.

„h The ship listed to one side for the remainder of our ˇ§cruiseˇ¨. In fact, our last two nights on the ship were spent trying to keep from rolling out of our beds while sleeping. Not to mention that walking anywhere on the ship took a lot of extra effort and energy as each direction was either extremely up or downhill because of the list to one side.

„h Although free drinks were offered until midnight, bartenders stopped acknowledging or serving passengers on the deck at 11:50.

„h We had family coming from three different states for Thanksgiving at our home, so following the announcement we made three phone calls to inform our guests that we would have an unexpected extension to our trip, and would therefore be late getting home.

„h We believe these calls were a necessity because of an error on Carnivalˇ¦s part. It never crossed our minds that Carnival would refuse to cover the calls in their entirety.

„h We were given a free excursion on Wednesday, most of which was spent standing in lines and being herded on and off of buses. Furthermore, what is advertised as a ˇ§Mayan Ruin and Snorkeling Tourˇ¨ is not exactly as it sounds. We were still charged for our snorkeling gear, to the tune of forty dollars. Not to mention the fact that we had no time to eat at any of our stops, so we ended up spending fourteen dollars on two boxed lunches and two Cokes on the bus. Our ˇ§free excursionˇ¨ ended up costing an extra fifty-four dollars we had not budgeted for our trip.

„h After standing in line for an hour-and-a-half to get on the tender back to our ship, we missed our final dinner.

„h Not only did we miss our last formal dinner, we returned to our room to find a letter that informed us that we were going to be flown out of Mexico the following day, omitting our full day at sea. Furthermore, we had to have our bags packed and outside our room by midnight. Although they couldnˇ¦t tell us our flight assignment at that time, passengers assigned to the first flight out would have to be ready to disembark the ship at 5 A.M. on Thursday morning. Any passenger who missed their flight would have to find their own way home.

„h This information alone was extremely disappointing. Add to that the fact that due to the water conservation effort, there was barely enough water trickling out of our shower to even wash our hands. This left us unable to shower after swimming in the ocean for a portion of the day.

„h Meanwhile, announcements were being made over the PA system that early dinner guests were supposed to be reporting to the Americana Lounge immediately to fill out immigration paperwork. Many who rushed to the lounge were then turned away due to a lack of immigration forms.

„h After immigration, we immediately went to the Purserˇ¦s desk to ensure that we would be on the first flight out, as our plane home was scheduled for departure from New Orleans at 11:45 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day. After standing in this line for an hour-and-a-half, and hearing one Carnival employee tell a guest that he had no right to be upset as ˇ§it isnˇ¦t Carnivalˇ¦s fault that the ship got stuckˇ¨; we were informed that the information desk couldnˇ¦t help us until we received our letter with our flight assignment. When we had that information, we could come back down and they would be better able to answer our questions.

„h At that time, we asked for a printout of our current Sail and Sign charges. We were shocked to discover that we had been charged for our phone calls. Even more shocking was the attitude we received from the women who was ˇ§helpingˇ¨ us. I told her that the calls were necessary because our trip itinerary had been changed due to the ship being stuck. She told us that we would be refunded five minutes worth of calls and absolutely no more. Carnival was ˇ§not going to budge on thisˇ¨, and that there were ˇ§1900 guests on the ship, did we really expect Carnival to cover those costs?ˇ¨ Yes, as a matter of fact we did, seeing as those calls would not have been made had we not run aground.

„h At 10:30 that evening, we finally received our assignment, and indeed, we were on the first flight. As previously instructed, I went back down to the Purserˇ¦s desk, while my wife repeatedly called Room Service for a 4 a.m. wake-up call.

„h Around midnight, she finally got through to Room Service. I returned shortly after midnight only to tell her that, after waiting in line for another hour-and-a-half, I had been told, ˇ§Sir this is the information desk, we canˇ¦t help you with flights. All I can tell you is that weˇ¦re flying in 25 Carnival reps from Miami tomorrow. Youˇ¦ll have to ask them what to do about your connecting flight.ˇ¨ He also informed me that we were lucky to be leaving on the first flight, as some people would be stuck on the ship until as late as 4 p.m. on Thursday.

„h So in total, we had spent 3 hours waiting in line at the Purserˇ¦s desk, and received absolutely no help whatsoever. Suffice it to say we spent our last day and evening standing in lines, unhappy and under an extreme amount of stress.

„h Impossible as it may seem, the next day the nightmare only got worse when we were herded on and off a tender, then on and off three different buses.

„h Pandemonium reigned at the Cancun airport. A Carnival rep told us to remain on our bus. My smoking habit uncannily paid off when I stepped off the bus to smoke. It was at this time I discovered that passengers on the 9 a.m. flight were supposed to be locating and loading their luggage on to different bus that would take passengers to the terminal.

„h I also discovered that, although we had been assigned to this flight, and our names were on the list we had been given the wrong colored luggage tags. This error on Carnivalˇ¦s part could have caused us to miss our flight.

„h The confusion worsened when airport employees seemed to know nothing about our flight, as it was not listed on any of their screens.

„h Once we passed through security, the Carnival reps were nowhere to be found, and neither was our plane. We were left on our own, sitting at an empty gate with no way of communicating with Carnival representatives.

„h Our ˇ§9 a.m.ˇ¨ flight did not take off until 10:30 a.m., causing my wife and me to miss our connecting flight home to Michigan.

„h Throughout the morning, we had been assured over and over again that there would be representatives from Carnival waiting for us in the New Orleans airport. These people would help us with any connecting flights that were missed.

„h Upon landing, we rushed through the airport to find the Carnival rep that had been sent to help us.

„h I told him, ˇ§I think we just missed our flight what should we do?ˇ¨ He pursed his lips and said, ˇ§All I can tell you is to call 1-800- CARNIVAL.ˇ¨ I said, ˇ§Thatˇ¦s all you can tell us? They said we would have help with our flights.ˇ¨ He replied, ˇ§Again, all I can tell you is to call 1-800-CARNIVAL.ˇ¨ We were absolutely flabbergasted, to say the least.

Our situation went from bad to worse when we found that not only had we missed our flight by a mere half hour, there were no other flights that afternoon with our airline to our hometown. With my family waiting at our home, and us having been up since 4 a.m. on less than four hours sleep, now stranded, my wife spent the final hours of our ˇ§vacationˇ¨ crying in the New Orleans airport.

To make matters even worse, we resorted to calling Carnivalˇ¦s 800 number only to be put on eternal hold and/or hung up on at least three times between my wife and myself. Ironically, while on hold we were ˇ§entertainedˇ¨ by a story about Carnivalˇ¦s first cruise ship, which had run aground on its inaugural voyage. The narrator of the story made the comment, ˇ§ˇKbut we donˇ¦t like to talk about that.ˇ¨ Needless to say, we did not find this story to be amusing in any way.

Adding insult to injury, when I finally got through to someone, I spoke with a young man who furthered my ill feelings toward Carnival by arguing with me. While I was in tears, he insisted that Carnival had fulfilled their end of the contract, and didnˇ¦t owe us anything more than getting us ˇ§homeˇ¨ which is what they had done. I informed him that we had been stranded in New Orleans, while our home is in Michigan where my family, whom we see twice a year, awaited our arrival. He continued to insist that we were owed nothing. Apparently not even the decency of an apology, or a little compassion for our situation. On a nearby payphone, my wife was receiving much the same attitude from other Carnival representatives.

In the end we were forced to admit defeat and find a hotel room for the night. This was yet another unexpected cost we had not budgeted for and the fact that it was Thanksgiving Day proved to make our lives even more difficult. We were famished and exhausted by the time we checked into our hotel, only to discover that not one restaurant appeared to be open. After numerous unanswered phone calls, and walking for about a mile, we were finally able to eat at the one bar that was open. Not even Dennyˇ¦s is open on Thanksgiving Day in New Orleans.

Carnival Cruises advertises a vacation where relaxation and wonderful experiences abound. Our trip in no way reflected this. Our initial disappointment was due to the construction surrounding our cabin, and the inconveniences that arose from it. Had this been the only factor in our unhappiness, we may have been more willing to overlook the discrepancy in what we experienced versus Carnivalˇ¦s advertisements of a restful, fun vacation. Unfortunately for Carnival, we feel that from the moment our ship ran aground we were treated with disrespect. Not only were the employees unsympathetic to our unhappiness, many of them were outright rude. It seemed that every opportunity Carnival employees had to make a bad situation bearable, they failed miserably. One Carnival employee told us we were ˇ§luckyˇ¨ that Carnival was chartering flights, as though it was a favor to us.

A simple apology goes a long way and would have made a world of difference in our opinion of Carnival, yet not once did we hear even an inkling of regret that our vacation had been ruined. In fact, the situation was treated as though we were receiving wonderful service, and that we should be ever so grateful for it.

Well, you made it to the end. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2003, 07:30 AM
Hijolly

Default Re: The "Holiday" from hell

So, when is you next Carnival cruise planned.
Old January 9th, 2003, 07:42 AM
MARK101

I see a class action lawsuit in your future !
Or perhaps as Ernie says a free cruise from Carnival.

Post Edited (01-09-03 08:11)
Old January 9th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Admiral

That is truly a gothic horror story.

The parts of your story that bother me the most are the construction work on board the vessel during the cruise and the rudeness you encountered. While dealing with such events can be very stressful for the passengers and the crew, rudeness on the part of either only exacerbates the situation.

While accidents of this kind can and obviously do happen on occasion, it would appear from what you say that Carnival could have done a lot better job of handling things. I suspect that the Mexican authorities at the airport didn't help matters and it would be interesting to hear Carnival's side of things.

I'm curious... what is your travel agent doing about all of this? Surely he or she will go in through "the back door" and get some action and response from Carnival.

Obviously, you had an horrific experience and that is regrettable. Be assured that it is far from the norm. I hope someday you'll get a chance to experience cruising as it ought to be... perhaps, if things were as bad as you say, at the expense of Carnival Corporation!

Old January 9th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: The "Holiday" from hell

why am i not surprised at this?? Carnival's service is hit or miss in my experience. There seems to be a love-hate relationship with Carnival. i had a good experience with Carnival, but since experiencing other cruise lines would i cruise Carnival again? nope.
Old January 9th, 2003, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. It isn't typical, but bad things can and do happen on a vacation. You might consider writing a letter to Carnival - you may never receive a response, but it may help you feel better.
Also, as Ernie says, contact your travel agent and see if they will do anything.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old January 9th, 2003, 08:52 AM
cruisepimp

WOW Just last night I posted on another board that nothing could ruin a cruise. It certainly sounds like yours was ruined and I truly understand your feelings if it all did really go down that way. I feel that Carnival will do something to try and re earn your businesss but alas if you read your cruise contract they really are under no obligation. As Kuki says they are covered pretty good in that contract.
Old January 9th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Passenger

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you on your suppose to be "dream vacation". I would suggest writing a letter to carnival via registered mail and I would have a cc: on the bottom of that letter to my attorney.

I cannot believe that after the ship being stuck that Carnival did not reimburse it's passengers the cruise fare or offer your next cruise free. I have to say my experiences on Carnival have been wonderful both times and I am booked on their newest ship coming out the Glory. Your travel agent should be able to get you some compensation I would think.

Once again, I am so sorry this happened to you but everytime I think things are so bad I think about Sept. 11th. It could have been worse if you know what I mean.

Don't give up on cruising. Maybe next time you could try another line.
Old January 9th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Admiral

That's a bad situation only made worse by the employees of Carnival.

I've never had a bad cruise on Carnival and will sail with them again in a heartbeat. I've also noticed by posters on these boards whenever an inconvenience has occurred to its passengers Carnival has stepped up to the plate and delivered. Someone just a few months ago was booked on a cruise which was cancelled at the last minute and they were given a total refund and a free 10-day cruise in a suite on another ship. Not bad for unforeseen events. Maybe that's not the norm, I don't know.

Don't give up on cruising. I bet you saw enough of the cruise to know that it can be a great vacation when things go right.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 9th, 2003, 10:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Horrible! If you get no response from a letter or through your TA you might write to Conde Nast Traveler's "Ombudsman" column. They print horror stories such as yours and sometimes intervene to help.

Jo ~ no Carnival fan either
Old January 9th, 2003, 11:27 AM
Captain

I agree with the posts above which state that the most unforgivable thing you suffered was the construction. Our experience with mass market lines is that they don't do anything for you for itinerary changes due to accidents, weather, etc. Some of the premium or luxury lines will, but then that's one of the things you pay a higher fare for! But the construction right next to your cabin was not an unforseeable event. Carnival simply should not have booked the cabins that were so near the construction that the noise would be a disturbance, period.

My advice, for what it may be worth, is to have your TA contact Carnival with a complaint PRIMARILY ABOUT THE CONSTRUCTION. My experience is that the more items that get rolled into a complaint, the less seriously the cruise line takes the complaint. They cross you off as a chronic complainer. But if you make a detailed complaint about a single serious item of which the line had advance knowledge (construction), you may get somewhere.

I wish you luck, as you deserve it.
Richard
Old January 9th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Admiral

I am sure Carnival will do the right thing....15% off future cruise and 50 dollar shipboard credit..<G> Sorry you had such a miserable cruise.

Old January 9th, 2003, 07:45 PM
pvcbuilder

Default Re: Re: The

Well...that's what we've asked for...and so far, no response whatsoever.
Old January 9th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Sooshie

Default Re: Re: Re: The "Holiday" from hell

I have had the exact opposite experience. Great service and cruise with Carnival, but it was one thing after another with RCI. The dining room and cabin staff were great, but the guest relations left alot to be desired. I did get a personal apology letter from RCI, but somehow that doesn't carry alot of weight. Overall the cruise was good, but I had a much better time on the times with Carnival.
Old January 14th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Admiral

I wonder why we so often read these tales of horror and then never hear from the poster again.

Is it just me? I notice this time and again on the boards, here and elsewhere... sort of like a dive bomber swooping in, dropping the tale of woe and then flying away never to be heard from again.

I'd love to hear the poster's comments on our comments and an update on any response from the cruise line or t/a.

Post Edited (01-14-03 07:51)
Old January 14th, 2003, 06:05 PM
pvcbuilder

Well, good old Carnival. We received a response to the letter we sent requesting compensation and an apology from Carnival. They originally offered pax on the ship 25% off their next cruise with Carnival. Before we wrote the letter, we spoke with a Carnival representative who informed us that the offer had been increased to 50% off our next cruise for all pax on the ship. We made reference to this in our letter to Carnival a couple of times.

The response sent to us informed us that they (Carnival) would now like to offer us 50% off our next cruise. They've already done that! Nothing mentioned about the constant construction across the hall from our cabin or the fact that they stranded us in New Orleans on Thanksgiving! I'm not sure they even read the letter, to be honest with you. Just thought I would update everyone on the "customer service" Carnival has provided post cruise.

Mark
Old January 14th, 2003, 10:37 PM
Captain

pvc builder: Personally, I would feel that the 50% off next cruise offer would be fair IF Carnival would also be wiling to guarantee that there will be NO construction going on during your selected cruise, and to a 100% off deal if there is. Your cruise was horrible in many ways, but the one that the line had control over was he construction. So, my adivce is to counter them with this, and if they go with it in writing, give it another try.

Thanks,
Richard
Old January 15th, 2003, 07:33 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: The

Glad, at least, to see a further comment by the original poster.

Old January 15th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Admiral

I don't see any mention of Carnival's guarantee that if you decide you want off the cruise by the time you reach the first port they will refund a major portion of your money and arrange to get you home. Did anyone ever offer that option to you when you first had your problems?
Old January 15th, 2003, 06:44 PM
pvcbuilder

Unfortunately, we had already reached our first port the day before. This was the second port on our third day of cruising. We were told that the cruise would continue as planned and they would have us off the sandbar in time to depart at our scheduled time. We didn't even think to request getting off of the ship. I did hear "hearsay" of someone putting up a stink because they had to be home by the scheduled debarkation time, and Carnival flew them out and gave them a free cruise in the future. I assumed that there would be compensation for the rest of us also.
Old January 17th, 2003, 11:16 AM
Yeoman

I agree. I stayed on "RCI" when they disappointed me last year and it finally took the V.P. of the "Crown and Anchor Society" (past passenger program) to placate me BUT I am back cruising with "RCI" and all is well. I do appreciate hearing how other lines have treated passengers though because it seems like customer service is lacking across the board.
Old January 17th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Admiral

There are still examples of excellent customer service....

Over the holidays, we were on the Seven Seas Mariner. On New Years day, they announced that we were going to have to extend our stay in Key West to 48 hours so they could make repairs to one of the pods (prior to the world cruise). To get to Key West in time, we had to drop Costa Rica, change date for Grand Cayman, and add a port visit to Cozumel to substitute for Costa Rica. All in all, we ended up with one more port day and one less sea day. For this "misery," Radisson provided $100 pp additional shipboard credit, $500 pp future cruise credit, and they opened the bars for the remaining week of the cruise. I can't complain!! BTW, most of the pax used their additional shipboard credit to book future cruises...pretty good customer relations move by Radisson.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old January 20th, 2003, 01:54 AM
Dean Renner

Marc,

Having spent a bit of my life in customer service, I can tell you a little good will goes a long way.

The quality business ventures I've been associated with consider customer satisfaction an investment in their respective businesses.

For example: An unexpected mishap occurs. Some companies revert to their printed policies, and stand tough. And other companies accept responsibility, and provide exceptional customer service. Initially, the former companies benefit from short-term gains; in the long run, the latter companies reap considerably more.

And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that, in the long run, that the companies which take responsiblity -- in other words, do the honourable thing -- create long-lasting customers, whereas the companies which stand tough exchange long-term revenues for short-term savings.

You know, there's an old saying, "what goes around, comes around." If you take care of your customers, they will take care of you. Go out of your way. Provide free drinks -- provide a free cruise. For you will be repaid in spades.

Sagacious cruise lines will follow the example you've provided..........

Dean
Old January 21st, 2003, 05:23 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Marie

I think if 600 people went on the same trip, the odds are that 598 people will enjoy it and 2 won't, Who do you think will write the review??
Old January 21st, 2003, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Marie:

I agree with you. However, I don't see how it applies to this thread? I think running aground is "grounds" for a disgruntled passenger; let alone the construction.

marc
Old January 21st, 2003, 10:45 PM
pvcbuilder

Unfortunately, I would normally agree with you. There is always someone that is unhappy in a situation, no matter how good it is. This situation is a little different, and I can assure you that more than 1% of the pax were VERY upset. We had assumed that Carnival would at least rectify the situation, and until Carnival basically told us to shove off, we were still happy with the vacation. You know, things happen, and we realize that. It's the way Carnival handled the situation that really angered us. No apology, no sympathy, no help, no reimbursement. That's what set most of the pax off.
Old January 22nd, 2003, 11:11 AM
Captain

And especially the construction! This is a very valid ground for some sort of reimbursement. Those of us who cruise a lot know that there are many unforseen things that can negatively impact a cruise. Mechanical problems, Bad weather that blows up unexpectedly. Labor problems in ports. Airline problems. The list goes on and on. Argueably, these aren't the cruise lines' responsibility, though the better lines will offer some sort of compensation some of these.

But the construction was a FORESEEN thing, and the line made a serious error by booking the cabins adjacent to the construction, hammering, and all. (Unless, of course, you were originally given a price break for booking on a construction zone, which I'll bet you weren't.). You are definitely due something for this!

Thanks
Richard
Old January 23rd, 2003, 01:20 PM
Passenger

Its the same old deal, take a look at the fine print on your cruise insurance, you are covered for everything except what might happen. We were on a cruise ship in China, we missed our connecting flight on the last day because of fog and the ship couldn't move until around 2 pm.
We had to stay in Wuhan for the night and pay for a hotel meals. We filed a claim when we returned and had to go througt mounds of paperwork and forms, I said forget but wife was persistent and after many months and toll calls to the ins. co. we finally received a check for 247 bucks. It cost us out of pocket more than that , same old story, the comsumer always foots the bill, Buck
Old February 15th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Paul E

My clients had a fiasco a few years ago with Carnival on that beauty of a ship Troicale!!
The response from Carnival to me as an agent and to my clients sucked!!...Not to mention the problems I had on a Carnival ship myself. So needles to say I dont sell Carnival and discourage them to all who ask about them. I sell Princess and go on Princess myself. Next time you folks want to cruise look at Princess.
Old April 29th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Passenger

My boss had a situatiion on Celebrity, him and his wife were on the pool deck and a passenger commented that it was raining, not the case, it was fine oil debris coming from a smoke stack that turned everyone black on that deck!!! They did not complain just laughed it off, the ship offered to clean all the clothes for free, then they go to their cabin and went out on the verandah, thus they were locked out of their room!!! After yelling and yelling to various other passengers on other balconies, an older couple managed to call someone and they was able to get the door open!!! All the while my boss was in his boxers. Before the end of the cruise, he was awarded with a free cruise of his choice on another celebrity cruise!!! This is a man with over 100 cruises on various lines. Just goes to show, some lines will compensate, some won't.