Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2003, 03:43 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Cassie
Default Re: Reverse snobbery

Some one has been watching Titanic a little too much! *looks @ fl98lady*
But I do agree, I enjoy dressing up. If one night I decided " I don't feel like wearing a dress" id go to the buffet. But on the other hand if some one doesn't want to....Im not going to complain about it. It's their choice and it is also the cruise lines choice to enforce it and until they do......what can we do?
Cassie
Old December 22nd, 2003, 01:04 PM
jpgarnier

Default Re: Re: Reverse snobbery

I have never been privy to anyone making a comment at the table about the outfit of others, but aren't those who somewhat defy the dress code making their own comments to others akin to a motion with a single finger ? Jp
Old January 2nd, 2004, 06:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Reverse snobbery

This tread is a year old but the the topic is ageless. Two key words stand out...tradition and etiquette. The first has little meaning anymore on cruise ships or in alot of homes...the latter just isn't taught anymore..which fork do I use and what is the napkin for???? let alone proper dress for the enviroment..I have to remove my hat??

I forone like to dress up when on a ship and will contuine to as long as the ships contiune to have formal nites..I want the 5 course meal with the white gloved waiters and the pleasure of adult converstion....