Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Eric Drenckhahn

Default Be careful with who you book!!!

Be careful with who you book!!!

I booked a cruise a year ago with RCCL through icruise.com. Prices went down at RCCL. I called RCCL and they said "No problem, tell your travel agent and you will get the lower price".

Icruise.com said, too bad, so sad. You are within 71 days of cruising, no refund. Well I finally did get a refund ($370), but NEVER again through Icruise.com. Their quote "There will be no further compensation for price drops!".

Everyone knows that cruise prices go down towards the end. What's the incentive of booking with icruise.com? Poor pricing, bad attitude, headache.

If I book through Icruise, and the price drops at the cruise line within 71 days, I cannot get the lower price through Icruise even though I could get it if I booked at the cruise line directly.

Booking directly through RCCL would have been easier, or another travel agent. After all was said and done, the price I paid was the same as booking through RCCL. I thought on-line booking was supposed to be cheaper! Actually, it was a bit at first, but now that I know this, I will be avoiding icruise.com.

I booked a cruise at cruise.com a while ago, and they were much better. But I am not endorsing them either.
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2003, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Be careful with who you book!!!

Maybe they dont like the extra work-- maybe if they did they would get more return customers--- I have a great TA-- shes so great she even tells me when she cant beat the rate and to book through another TA to get the best value---group pricing usually.
but that too comes with a cost--- the service was really bad for the last one--- and Im not a demanding person-- just wanted an offical billing invoice not a have done deal. At least it was just me-- almost everyone I knew had the same problem if not more-- I had to deal with the cruiselines directly for my over charge-- again at least it was on a credit card and I could dispute the bill
Cheers April