Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2003, 03:39 PM
Yeoman

Default "RCI customer service"

Even though I have enjoyed 2 dozen "RCI" cruises, the lack of customer service before and after the cruise is killing me. I see the same complaints posted about many of the moderately priced cruise lines so I doubt that switching horses is going to rectify anything.

Current issue;

I used "RCI" website to e-mail their "Custom Air" arrangement desk over 2 weeks ago. Still no response and have no reason to expect one. A major issue? Certainly not but with all the competition out there, I think we need to use the boards to share what's good and bad.
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2003, 04:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: "RCI customer service"

Hi Robbie,
I do agree with you, they should of at least responded to your e-mail or at least let you know they received it and will look into the matter. Thats the least they should do.....

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 1st, 2003, 12:46 PM
Yeoman

Thx Donna and I goofed and put 2 dozen but it's ONLY one dozen with them. I am going to contact a supervisor rather than let this bug me so will post any follow-up.
Old April 1st, 2003, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: "RCI customer service"

Hi Robbie,
Yes, be sure to let us know what they have to say, hopefully they will handle it now??

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 1st, 2003, 07:37 PM
Passenger

Just a thought, but since you say you used their web site to email them, is it possible the web form didn't work? I have the worst luck with those things, so I hate it when I'm forced to use them instead of normal email. Probably not the case, but....

--Atiya
Old April 2nd, 2003, 08:46 AM
Admiral

I'm puzzled about why you should be talking directly with the Custom Air department to begin with. Why not have your t/a do it for you? We talk with custom air at RCI/Celeb on a regular basis, go in through the "back door", and get things done or questions answered instantaneously... generally. I'm sure your t/a can do the same.

Old April 2nd, 2003, 10:10 AM
Yeoman

Not a bad question Ernie. This particualr booking has been changed once when "Radiance" needed to go into dry dock this month, changed a second time by us because Med itinerary went to both France and Turkey in August ("Brilliance") and now it is scheduled for September to Hawaii on the "Radiance." So I didn't even want to bother my poor T/A with a very general question. As a "Diamond" member of the "Crown and Anchor" the service is free so all the e-mail asked was whether or not there were any upgrade specials available for that cruise. The link creates an e-mail which was a valid address and it was ignored. This is the same thing that happened last year when "RCI" overcharged one of my cruises by $50.00. They had promised "onboard credit" as a refund and when that didn't pan out it was too late to dispute the credit card bill. Unfortunately it took the V.P. of the "Crown and Anchor" (Barbara Shrut) to get them to respond since that booking was done through a "Loyalty Ambassador" onboard ship. Fortunately "RCI" does track their own e-mail and a supervisor with customer service admitted they had just "dropped the ball."

I am actually rooting for "RCI" and just wish they would stop dropping the ball on the simple things. Customer service is NOT an area to "drop the ball" when there is SO much competition for the cruise dollar.
Old April 2nd, 2003, 11:27 AM
Admiral

i think that maybe a call to the Crown & Anchor club rep would be a good idea. Just for your own peace of mind.
Old April 15th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Yeoman

Bottom line is this is the 15th and I never got a call but they did contact my T/A last week to "confirm" my order. THAT was the whole point, there never was an order, just a request to see if they had any upgrade specials available for a specific cruise. Again, not a major problem but 2 out of 3 cruises whereI have had poor customer service with "RCI" (still have 2 bookings with them this year so I am happy with the onboard experiences).
Old April 16th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Rickster

Maybe I'm just lucky, I've had excellent service from RCI's customer service. We had a person drop out 72 hours before the ship sailed. RCI let us change names without charge and without any hassle!
Old April 23rd, 2003, 11:36 PM
Diane Kent

I have sail with them two times in the last year and every time I e-mail them with a question I receive a answer in two days. I must have e-mailed them at least 6 times. I have booked with TA and directly with them and have always gotten my answer quickly. I use there web site to e-mail them.