Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2003, 11:16 PM
Yeoman

Default My son is preventing me from cruising

It's true and I really don't mind (well maybe a little). He's a high school junior and all of our vacations will be doing college visits. Luckily we did 3 last year. So now I have to wait until Feb. for a cruise. I really don't mind (not that it helps that my parent's just got off a cruise) because it will be all worth it in the end.

However, after our last cruise I will have reason to gripe because I will have to pay the single supplement (provided there is anything left after tuition).
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: My son is preventing me from cruising

Get him to try to enroll in the University of Miami orBaylor in Houston, then cruise from there!
Old May 6th, 2003, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Cheryl, there is something I'm not getting. You mean when he was in high school it didn't matter when you cruised?! What is different? In college they get even longer breaks so I don't see the problem. Now when you have one in high school and one in college and springbreak does not coincide then you have a problem (I'm talking about myself).

As for the single supplement, find a friend or family member to cruise with you. I know that I would find someone to go with just not to get stuck with the single rate.
Old May 6th, 2003, 08:51 AM
Yeoman

Cheryl.
In my never-ending quest to do good and right for everyone I come in contact with...
i offer myself as a surrogate son so that you may continue getting the good double occupancy deals you are used to, as opposed to the OUTRAGEOUS single supps. I am clean, personable, and I obey real good. If interested please call at BR-549 and leave a message with my parole...er ..I mean my mom. Don't worry about the gray hair,, all the men in my family are premature gray..;-)
SSaFWs..ED
Old May 7th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Yeoman

Thanks for listening and the offer of a surrogate child! We ususally cruise during his breaks and the summer. I am pretty sure that once he gets in college he won't want to spend his entire break with me.

As for the single supplement, I tried cruising with a very good friend I have known for years and it didn't work out well. Despite all my explaining of the extras, cabin size...it didn't sink in and he was miserable. I am going to try again with another friend and see if that works out. Have to say my mom was right: you don't really know someone until you travel with them. If not I can always be the third wheel with my parents.