Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default cruisemates in general

Seems to be slipping!
There's the "kuki1" kuki-wannabe, who's just a plain old troll on cruise gripes,
The Singles article links to a website that hasn't updated their "This Week's Specials" since October, 2002 (http://vlantz.cruiseone.com/travel.d...dOid=536918898).
The gay & lesbian pages still have articles by Tim Rubacky talking about last year's "up-coming" cruises.
Another article there: "All About Gay & Lesbian Cruise Vacations by RAZ " was written 3 years ago,
The advertised cruisemates cruise in Northern Europe gives an email to contact concerning joining the cruise, but I've never received an answer after inquiring...
What's up - everyone on vacation?
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Winner

Default Re: cruisemates in general

Phil--Apparently Kuki1 has been sent to cyberspace; his messages read "not found; please contact" with no contact name/place. I don't care to contact anyone; I'm just happy someone on the board (the real Kuki?) is on his/her toes.
Old May 19th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: cruisemates in general

We, (Mike Mastel, Donna Nye, or myself), delete inapproprate posts as soon as we see or hear of them and do so without comment publically. To do so would give these sick people meaning. What we do is trace the ISP and notify thier server or in a couple of cases their employer which results in losing access to the Internet or in a couple cases fired from their jobs. These boards and this website is too valuable a tool for too many people to allow this to occur.
As to the other 'complaints'...these are articles written in the past and when written information was timely. Rather like reading an article that was published last year, we don't update every article but it stands as written. New articles come out all the time but again, in time they will no longer be current. People do like to refer to older articles which is why they are archived.
Are we all on vacation, hardly, we are all working very hard finding new and better things to report. We are growing at a tremendous rate and so much is going on and so many new things are happening we are just trying to keep up with what is what! <G>
Jim

Old May 19th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Phil... The site is growing all the time. On average two or three new articles each week, will appear on the CruiseMates home page.
Aside from those, if you scroll down the home page, on the right hand side, there's a link to other "recent" articles.

The remaining articles are archived for people to be able to read as they search the site. I'd hate to have all the FABULOUS articles I've written since I joined CruiseMates just thrown in a trash bin after a few weeks <G>

The articles you refer to are mostly likely dated, as are the links. That can happen, however I don't think small glitches like that take away from the invaluable information available on the site, even in dated articles.

As for your request for info on our Baltic Cruise, I have to say I am suprised to hear you didn't get a response. There is a toll free phone # in the promo. If you're still interested, I'd call rather e-mail.
Even though we use e-mail extensively, I really believe its not that reliable a communications tool. Someone opens an e-mail, and then even with good intentions to go back and deal with it, forgets. With a phone call you're sort of "in their face".

As for the occassional troll. On a site that's visited by over 100,000 unique visitors in a month, that is simply going to happen once in awhile. As Jim said, the boards are monitored, and inappropiate posts are deleted as soon as possible.

Old May 19th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Admiral

If you see an inappropriate post, send an e-mail to Jim, Mike, or Donna, and if they're online at the time they'll delete it right away. Works like a charm. Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old May 19th, 2003, 04:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Thanks Michelle,
Sometimes we may not catch the unwanted post right away, so it does help if you send us a note as to where the post is and someone will take care of it ASAP.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 19th, 2003, 10:45 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I do agree with one thing Phil said...the singles cruise listing has NOT been updated in almost a year! Come on people! I get more current information by email!

Old May 19th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Lisa... here's a link to an article on the home page.. dated May 11. Seems like a 2003 singles cruise calendar
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...03calendar.cfm